STAGGERED BOARDING... This Should Answer All Questions...

Elaine515

Right now it's active in Galveston and New Orleans and starting with any cruise March 4th and after in Miami...

Please know that everyone has to pick a time slot.

If you are Diamond/Platinum/have FTTF or booked a suite, you still need to choose a time slot but you can show up anytime you want and be allowed into the terminal.

If you are not one of those, then you need to show up at the time slot you picked and will be allowed immediate access into the terminal.

If you are late, you will be allowed in.

If you show up earlier than your assigned time slot, you will not be allowed to enter the terminal and depending on the Port, can either walk around and sight see or just hang around outside and wait.

And Yes, regardless of whatever time you show up, you are allowed to give your luggage to the Porters. In addition, please do kindly understand that this is for check-in time only and does not mean you are boarding at that time.

If you use Carnival transportation from the airport, you will be allowed to enter the terminal.

Time slots can be found under My Profile and is there for you to choose as soon as you have booked your cruise and are given a booking #... No need to wait until cruise is paid in full....

This is my own personal opinion, but being we are a family of Diamond and Platinum cruisers, if I cruise out of any port that has staggered boarding times, I personally will pick the latest one, thus giving other passengers the option of early... No Bashing PLEASE

If anyone has any questions, just ask... Hope this helps...

very well said. and I agree, it only makes sense for platinum diamond and fttf people choose the later times because they can check in whenever they want .

I am sorry, but I have to disagree. If a lot of FTTF etc. pick a later time and show up at 10:00, there could be chaos in that time slot and a backlog in all of the others. Just be honest and pick the time you think that you will arrive. we need to give this system a chance to see if it will work.

There is also the chance that an ill-informed, over-zealous security person will not permit you to board (yes, I know what the rules say, but Murphy's Law often reigns supreme). If I plan on getting there at 10:30, I will choose 10:30. I am sorry, but I do not think that I am being selfish to do so.

I am sorry, but I have to disagree. If a lot of FTTF etc. pick a later time and show up at 10:00, there could be chaos in that time slot and a backlog in all of the others. Just be honest and pick the time you think that you will arrive. we need to give this system a chance to see if it will work.

There is also the chance that an ill-informed, over-zealous security person will not permit you to board (yes, I know what the rules say, but Murphy's Law often reigns supreme). If I plan on getting there at 10:30, I will choose 10:30. I am sorry, but I do not think that I am being selfish to do so.

And I agree with you. Some in my party have fttf. Others don't. My cabin is one that doesn't. We plan to arrive together around 11:00am and will all choose that time as soon as this process opens up in our port. People should pick the time they plan to arrive. It's truly a first-come, first- serve system. I see no reason why people should pick later times but then still show up earlier. Defeats the purpose. At least in part. Carnival (I would guess) is closing time slots as they become full. And I would guess that they still wants priority folks to choose so they have an idea of crowd flow.

Believe it or not, not everyone is dying to be onboard first. Some people like the later slots. There's nothing selfish about using the system as Carnival has instructed.

Not sure we like this idea as we sacrifice in order to get on the ship ASAP. Wife and I are platinum but due to booking rules we had to book one of us in different rooms. Now we can't get the answer as to if our entire cabin can check in at our leisure or we have to wait till the rest of the family in the cabin is scheduled for us all to get in??? Any ideas or info???

Not sure we like this idea as we sacrifice in order to get on the ship ASAP. Wife and I are platinum but due to booking rules we had to book one of us in different rooms. Now we can't get the answer as to if our entire cabin can check in at our leisure or we have to wait till the rest of the family in the cabin is scheduled for us all to get in??? Any ideas or info???

In the past all booked into the cabin with a platinum board with the platinum. At least that has been our experience and we've traveled with people

who are on their first cruise in the cabin with us.

Gina

very well said. and I agree, it only makes sense for platinum diamond and fttf people choose the later times because they can check in whenever they want .

If you choose a later time, then what's the point of purchasing FTTF? One of the reasons we purchase FTTF is because we want to board sooner, not later.

If you choose a later time, then what's the point of purchasing FTTF? One of the reasons we purchase FTTF is because we want to board sooner, not later.

Just remember - this is a check-in time - not a boarding time. You will still get to board sooner than the masses! If you pick a time of say 11:00 to checkin it just means you may spend less time sitting around till they call the FTTF people at 11:30 to board, or whenever they start boarding.

I also do not agree that Diamonds/Plats/FTTF should pick a later boarding time, and then show up early. As others have said - this may defeat the purpose of spreading out the crowds for checkin, and end up creating the backlogs they are trying to avoid.

Have you cruised since the program went into place? I checked your profile and didn't see the date. All you said is accurate, but the actual experience we had this NYE and others have reported here are different.

We went on the Triumph for our milestone 25th on December 28. Being platinum we had the first boarding slot. Our friends who were on their first Carnival cruise also had the same time.

There was a separate line for priority to clear security and for checking in. Once that was done we were directed to the priority lounge. In Galveston that is across the other side of the terminal from where boarding takes place.

Once wedding parties were called they called for our group. A full terminal of fellow passengers rushed the cue like a black Friday sale. We had to ask people to move and got some fine responses to get up to the boarding area.

While an N of one, we sail again from Galveston in three weeks. Other friends that have cruised in the past few days tell us it's the same thing, they have made a mess and not fixed it.

As long as the early check-in time is available I'll select the earliest time on the drop down menu. Since Galveston is a heavy drive up port I'm not rushed to arrive at that exact time. The traffic is light once fellow passengers clear downtown Houston, but some days are unpredictable. I'll show up whenever I want as we've done on the prior cruises. I fail to see any problem in a few people doing that on a 3000 passenger manifest.

Edited by BallFour4

Many times, we have found confused or misinformed terminal workers. They can be very adamant, even rude in their ignorance. We will select our actual arrival window. Recently, as example, my daughter's wedding party were not allowed to drop off gowns and luggage at the terminal on arrival because of ONE worker not knowing the procedures. We carried it all quite a distance. We will not plan on employees being knowledgeable.

This is my opinion as well. If all the Diamonds, FTTF and Platinums say they are coming at 2 and then show up at 10 it has accomplished NOTHING. I am Platinum and selected the time I intend to arrive. Otherwise, why would they have us pick a time?

Edited by tkportersat