C&A Discounts Vs Current OBC Promotion

There is a promotion at the moment where you can receive up to $500 OBC on cruise bookings. However, this cannot be used in conjunction with the C&A discounts when booking balcony rooms and suites. In some instances, it would be more cost effective to book the cruise without the C&A discount since the OBC would be higher than the discount, even though the cruise fare is lower.

The questions I have are as follows:

If I make a booking without advising of my C&A membership number (thereby getting the $500 OBC instead of the C&A discount), will I be able to ask the loyalty consultant once I am on board the ship to add my C&A membership number into the booking and earn C&A points? In this instance, will I still receive the $500 OBC, since I have already boarded the ship?

Or will I still receive the OBC, but lose the ability to earn C&A points for that particular sailing?

I am tempted to book a cruise in a junior suite. This will take me up to Diamond status with the double points. I'm concerned that I may not be able to earn any points if I take advantage of the OBC, even if I advise them of my C&A membership number during the cruise.

There is a promotion at the moment where you can receive up to $500 OBC on cruise bookings. However, this cannot be used in conjunction with the C&A discounts when booking balcony rooms and suites. In some instances, it would be more cost effective to book the cruise without the C&A discount since the OBC would be higher than the discount, even though the cruise fare is lower.

The questions I have are as follows:

If I make a booking without advising of my C&A membership number (thereby getting the $500 OBC instead of the C&A discount), will I be able to ask the loyalty consultant once I am on board the ship to add my C&A membership number into the booking and earn C&A points? In this instance, will I still receive the $500 OBC, since I have already boarded the ship?

Or will I still receive the OBC, but lose the ability to earn C&A points for that particular sailing?

I am tempted to book a cruise in a junior suite. This will take me up to Diamond status with the double points. I'm concerned that I may not be able to earn any points if I take advantage of the OBC, even if I advise them of my C&A membership number during the cruise.

You don't have to wait until on board to add your C&A number. It can be done beforehand by calling Royal.

You don't have to wait until on board to add your C&A number. It can be done beforehand by calling Royal.

Will that then cancel out the OBC and apply the C&A discount instead? The cruise I want to book does not depart until January next year and I don't intend to pay the final payments until the middle of the this year.

Book over the phone. Just tell the rep that you want the OBC instead of the balcony discount.

I made a dummy booking online. If I add in my C&A number, the system automatically apply the C&A discount instead of the OBC. However, when I excluded the C&A number, the system gave me the OBC. I think it may be the same if I book over the phone.

I made a dummy booking online. If I add in my C&A number, the system automatically apply the C&A discount instead of the OBC. However, when I excluded the C&A number, the system gave me the OBC. I think it may be the same if I book over the phone.

You'll need to speak to a rep.

That's why I said call. It can't be done on line.

Book over the phone. Just tell the rep that you want the OBC instead of the balcony discount.

Just rang up RC & and spoke to the rep. He advised me that I will lose the OBC if I advise him of the C&A number in the booking, but I will get the C&A discount.

However, he said once I board the ship, I can advise the loyalty desk of my C&A number, and I will also earn points for the cruise as well as keeping the OBC. I will not receive the C&A discount (which I won't need anyway since I've already started the cruise).

Just rang up RC & and spoke to the rep. He advised me that I will lose the OBC if I advise him of the C&A number in the booking, but I will get the C&A discount.

However, he said once I board the ship, I can advise the loyalty desk of my C&A number, and I will also earn points for the cruise as well as keeping the OBC. I will not receive the C&A discount (which I won't need anyway since I've already started the cruise).

He should have handled it for you. I've done it several times.

Call C&A at 800 526 9723. I know others who have had no problems doing this.

I don't actually believe what you were told. You have a choice between taking the OBC or the C&A discount. Your C&A number can be added to the booking without changing anything in the reservation.

Make sure that you add your C&A number when you complete your SetSail Pass. I hope you get your credits.

Will that then cancel out the OBC and apply the C&A discount instead? The cruise I want to book does not depart until January next year and I don't intend to pay the final payments until the middle of the this year.

it's not as complicated as you believe. Just book the cruise like you want and then add your number later. You can do it yourself online. Doing this isn't going to change anything price or benefit wise

Edited by SeaUs