ALL super premium drinks (even under $15) not included on Sky anymore

LMaxwell

Just a heads up to the forum: Swince Sky switched to all inclusive packages that ALL super premium drinks are no longer included and if you want them there is a surcharge. It does not matter if they are under $15. This is a change from how UBP is handled on other ships and at this time only pertains to the Sky.

Just a heads up to the forum: Swince Sky switched to all inclusive packages that ALL super premium drinks are no longer included and if you want them there is a surcharge. It does not matter if they are under $15. This is a change from how UBP is handled on other ships and at this time only pertains to the Sky.

Didn't take them long to start watering down that perk! (pun intended)

I don't think that's a change. The UBP T&Cs state super premium brands aren't included:

The Ultimate Beverage Package does not include room service, package sales, ship specific promotions or beer buckets, designated Super Premium brands (subject to change), bottled wine, mini bar purchases, bottled water, fresh squeezed juices, select Lavazza coffee beverages, energy drinks, vending machines, wine stations or spirits, cocktails, draft or bottled beer and glasses of wine over $15. One (1) beverage per person per transaction.

Edited by kosweeps

I don't think that's a change. The UBP T&Cs state super premium brands aren't included:

The Ultimate Beverage Package does not include room service, package sales, ship specific promotions or beer buckets, designated Super Premium brands (subject to change), bottled wine, mini bar purchases, bottled water, fresh squeezed juices, select Lavazza coffee beverages, energy drinks, vending machines, wine stations or spirits, cocktails, draft or bottled beer and glasses of wine over $15. One (1) beverage per person per transaction.

Interesting. They have many super premium brands under $15 that have been included in the past. The T&C's didn't change, but the application (subject to change) did. If there is a super premium drink that is $5, and a non-super premium drink that is $13, you can get the $13 drink but not the $5.

So half the menu is now off limits without a surcharge.

I'll be on the Sky with some friends next week (Jan 22nd) and I'll let you know how it actually all works for us.

Wish the "free" wine list was available, I may be cruising with some unhappy campers.

So half the menu is now off limits without a surcharge.

People will have remain sober enough to read the menu carefully and tell the bartender to make their drink with a non-premium liquor instead of a super premium one when listed in the description/ingredients. I guess folks will have to remember to say, "I'd like a (insert drink), non-premium liquor please." SMH. It used to be the other way around, didn't it? lol

I'll be on the Sky with some friends next week (Jan 22nd) and I'll let you know how it actually all works for us.

Wish the "free" wine list was available, I may be cruising with some unhappy campers.

At least they didn't pare "free" down to house / call brands only.

I just looked at the NCL website under the Sky section: I will copy and paste what it says...

FEEL LIKE HAVING ANOTHER ROUND OR TWO?

Free Unlimited Beverages, including top-tier liquors. Superb complimentary restaurants with no fixed dining times or pre-arranged seating. Free entertainment to light up the nights. Norwegian Sky offers the most inclusive contemporary cruise vacation at sea!

It claims that "top tier liquors" are included, but recent evidence is to the contrary... I guess it's only a matter of time until the UBP gets chiseled away at on the other ships...

You shush now! LOL :)

Oh come on now...

Everybody's prices go up

It's your choice whether to sail with them or not.

Find another line that suits your needs.

They're a business, they need to make profit.

How do you know this is true????

I tried to post that with a straight face.....but I couldn't. Hahahahaha

Another way to make more money, for our convenience of course.

Edited by janpo

I just looked at the NCL website under the Sky section: I will copy and paste what it says...

FEEL LIKE HAVING ANOTHER ROUND OR TWO?

Free Unlimited Beverages, including top-tier liquors. Superb complimentary restaurants with no fixed dining times or pre-arranged seating. Free entertainment to light up the nights. Norwegian Sky offers the most inclusive contemporary cruise vacation at sea!

It claims that "top tier liquors" are included, but recent evidence is to the contrary... I guess it's only a matter of time until the UBP gets chiseled away at on the other ships...

I suppose you could argue that anything other than rail swill is "top tier". The included list is still fairly decent, and even the super premium is priced far less than you would pay anywhere else.

The Prairie Vodka and Gin being super premium is strange. That stuff is on sale here frequently in the states for ~$16.99 a bottle. Far cheaper than some of the other included brands. But maybe pricing through their distribution channels is a far different than what we pay retail here in the US.

I am still a bit baffled that they serve shots so freely. If they're going for a dive bar/college bar atmosphere, maybe it makes sense. It seems like an easy thing to eliminate that could potentially solve or prevent a lot of obnoxious issues.

Oh come on now...

Everybody's prices go up

It's your choice whether to sail with them or not.

Find another line that suits your needs.

They're a business, they need to make profit.

How do you know this is true????

I tried to post that with a straight face.....but I couldn't. Hahahahaha

Another way to make more money, for our convenience of course.

Too funny!!

There have been a handful of threads asking various questions about how this all inclusive deal was going on Sky; seemed easier to start a new thread. This info is from someone onboard now.

Could you put up a link to the original post from someone on board?

I'll be watching this because if menus I've found here are current, from a scan I did, then many if not most drinks are made with super premium brands as designated on the Sky menu. I'll be on the Jade soon and if it expands beyond the Sky, it will get pretty old pretty fast if DH and I have to confirm that a particular drink is included as is without having to specify a non super premium brand. Personally, the list provided in the link by @SuiteCruiser is fine. It's the idea of not being able to just order it "as is," without having to remember to check to see if the brands used are included or not.

Could you put up a link to the original post from someone on board?
SuiteCruiser already provided the link above. Here it is again:

Ncl sky all-inclusive bar menu

I would be interested in seeing the cocktail menus, too. Lots of NCL's cocktail recipes call for specific Super Premium brands, but they are still fully included in the UBP on the other ships. Do they now incur an extra charge on the Sky?

SuiteCruiser already provided the link above. Here it is again:

Ncl sky all-inclusive bar menu

I would be interested in seeing the cocktail menus, too. Lots of NCL's cocktail recipes call for specific Super Premium brands, but they are still fully included in the UBP on the other ships. Do they now incur an extra charge on the Sky?

Got the drink menu, I wanted to see the link to the person on board that is providing the info about the change. This is a pretty large change in policy and no mention before this about the change. Wondered who and what was said.

Question - four guests sharing cabin on Sky...one adult, three children. The children will all be able to order virgin daiquiris and pina coladas at no charge, correct? How are drink tips being handled? Are they included in the cruise fare?

Question - four guests sharing cabin on Sky...one adult, three children. The children will all be able to order virgin daiquiris and pina coladas at no charge, correct? How are drink tips being handled? Are they included in the cruise fare?

"Guests up to 20 years of age will enjoy unlimited sodas and juice throughout their cruise."

https://www.ncl.com/press-releases/Norwegian-Cruise-Line-Introduces-All-Inclusive-Cruising-Now-With-Free-Unlimited-Premium-Open-Bar