Bose SoundDock connections Neptune Suites

DesertSunset

Does anyone happen to know which Apple iPhone connectors will work on the newly added Bose SoundDocks in HAL's Neptune suites. Lightning 8 pin or the older 30 pin?

Thanks!

The Sound Dock has supported a variety of Apple connectors over the years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bose_SoundDock

You might want to consider carrying a full adapter set because Apple changes connection ports pretty regularly. I think that the new specification is USB-C, but that might change. Headphone out should work no matter what.

Does anyone happen to know which Apple iPhone connectors will work on the newly added Bose SoundDocks in HAL's Neptune suites. Lightning 8 pin or the older 30 pin?

Thanks!

I read somewhere that the Bose Sound Docks in the Neptunes are Bluetooth enabled if that helps you avoid cords. I'd google the Bose unit for exact connectors compatible if Bluetooth doesn't do it for you.

Depending on when you cruise you may not get one. Despite advertising from Jan 16 that Bose sound docks, coffee machines etc would be in place nothing was done for our Noordam cruise and the staff at the Neptune Lounge were saying oh it's not happening on a ship until it goes into refurb! So mixed messages from advertising and reality.

They said "starting Jan, 2016", not finishing Jan 2016. I understood that dry dock visits are where the magic will happen.

I'll be in a Neptune as of Monday, but we seem to have a knack for picking ships 3 months before they go in for refurbs instead of the other way around.

Bose sound systems were already in place on Volendam before we boarded on December 22nd. Mimosas were also served with morning coffee. We didn't expect to have it so were pleasantly surprised.

• 2 weeks later...

Just off the Westerdam and happy to report that the new Neptune Suite additions were in place: Coffee Machine, Bose Sound dock (bluetooth), upgraded Elemis toiletries and Mimosas. The Mocoffee machine is excellent and the coffee is (in my opinion) even better than the Neptune machine!

Just off the Westerdam and happy to report that the new Neptune Suite additions were in place: Coffee Machine, Bose Sound dock (bluetooth), upgraded Elemis toiletries and Mimosas. The Mocoffee machine is excellent and the coffee is (in my opinion) even better than the Neptune machine!

So was the Neptune machine still there?

Just off the Oo'dam Friday. Bose unit was in place, along with Mimosas, whether you wanted them or not. Room Service using the door hanger form for coffee at 6:00 a.m. came with them unless I wrote No Mimosas in large bold letters. We did not have the in-suite coffee machine. Neptune machines are not going away from what we were told, and still make a great cup.

As other posters have pointed out, it's not a SoundDock,, SoundDocks are old technology and also meant that if you didn't have a specific iPhone or iPod, you were out of luck...plus the pins were always broken when we tried to use it in our Spa Suite. HAL joined the 21st century and now has beautiful SoundLink Minis in Suites, which we LOVE. It can work with any Bluetooth enabled device - not just Apple devices/phones. We have 2 of them at home and were delighted to see them in our suite. Super easy to set up and use and great sound and they aren't tied to a specific location - they sit in a cradle and charge so you can take them into the bathroom if you want for a little shower music (totally do this). The only question that I have now is what will happen when a neighbor cranks up the noise? We were very mindful of keeping the volume down our our speaker, but the speakers can get REALLY loud - I mean they are Bose. Hopefully everyone is practicing polite decorum, but all it takes is one....

We were also told the Neptune coffee machine is not going away! We just have another option now - in case we're in our robes and room service breakfast coffee to too weak :)

Yes, even though HAL advertises a Bose Sound Dock... it's really a Bose Sound Link - which is better.