Military Service Credit on Anthem

dptt

We booked our cruise on the Anthem using Bogo discount. I am a VET. Am I also entitled to a military discount plus my OBC? Should it be added to my OBC?

Not every sailing has a Military Discount. You would have to check with whomever you booked with to see if there is a Military Discount being offered.

If your cruise is eligible for a Military Discount, the discount will be subtracted from your cruise fare.

Edited by cruisenfever

You aren't "entitled" to anything as a Vet. We are also booked on the Anthem and there were no military discounts for us. There are on some ships but not others as well as some itineraries but not others. I

Just to clarify, but Veterans are "entitled" to a Military Discount, if one is offered for their sailing.

We got a Military Discount on our March 27th cruise on Anthem. You have to check each and every sailing.

Edited by cruisenfever

Just to clarify, but Veterans are "entitled" to a Military Discount, if one is offered for their sailing.

We got a Military Discount on our March 27th cruise on Anthem. You have to check each and every sailing.

Just not a fan of the word "entitled"... lol. Reminds me of people who expect things just because... Personal hangup...

I think OP is asking whether the Military discount is combinable with the OBC -- don't think that has been answered and I don't know off the top of my head. Anyone?

Personally, I think the way Royal treats Military discounts is rather cynical -- we might give one if we need it to fill a ship but otherwise we don't really care.

Edited by mjldvlks

I think OP is asking whether the Military discount is combinable with the OBC -- don't think that has been answered and I don't know off the top of my head. Anyone?

Personally, I think the way Royal treats Military discounts is rather cynical -- we might give one if we need it to fill a ship but otherwise we don't really care.

As far as what I understood, they were 2 separate things. We didn't get a discount for military on our cruise, but they did give us 25.00 in OBC. If you do get a discount, its take off the cruise price, not awarded in OBC.

And I agree with the last statement.

We booked our cruise on the Anthem using Bogo discount. I am a VET. Am I also entitled to a military discount plus my OBC? Should it be added to my OBC?

We got OBC for a BOGO sale on Freedom and were allowed to combine a military promotion - $25 OBC. So, even if you find a sailing offering military OBC, don't expect it to be much. Right now, Disney and Carnival offer nicer military fares, but we like RC and stick with it.

There is a way to search the RC site using military fares. I have never found much that fits with our schedules, but you may have better luck.

Thank you for your service.

If your sailing qualifies for a military discount (price reduction) you are entitled to it as a Vet. It will not be added to your OBC. Thanks for your service.

Edited by davekathy

Yes, we were just able to do this with a Freedom booking. Got $300 OBC for the bogosomething sale and an addl. $25 military credit OBC. Don't forget to bring your DD214 or military ID card, or may chance losing that $25.

We got OBC for a BOGO sale on Freedom and were allowed to combine a military promotion - $25 OBC. So, even if you find a sailing offering military OBC, don't expect it to be much. Right now, Disney and Carnival offer nicer military fares, but we like RC and stick with it.

There is a way to search the RC site using military fares. I have never found much that fits with our schedules, but you may have better luck.

Thank you for your service.

Our March 27th Anthem cruise gave us a $900 Military Discount when our TA went to make final payment.

Yes, they are separate and combinable. In eight booked cruises, only one had a military discount. My OBC from the other offer was given. I am looking at a late-May cruise and it is offering a military discount and OBC.

Of the four lines I have sailed, only Princess (for now) offers military OBC for each booking.

I think on this upcoming cruise, we would either have gotten the discount sale price, or military discount, but not both. At least that is how I understood it. You can apply for a MD but you can't get the other discounts....help me out here!

It is possible to combine military rates and military OBC promotion at the same time. This can also be combined with whatever a TA is offering.

As far the military rate from the RCCL they should offer you the lowest of whatever promotion is available such as resident. past guest , military etc..

We just saved on our booking over 400.00 with the military rate plus received an extra 150.00 military rate OBC.

Guest maddycat

On our April 2016 Anthem cruise we were able to get a military discount of $456 which was combined with our Diamond plus balcony discount. We booked this cruise in April 2014 and the military discount showed up on RCI's website in April 2015. You have to keep checking for discounts (military, resident, senior).

Edited by maddycat