Cruise Critic Luggage Tag Holders???

aneka

Packing for our trip and ready to attach the luggage tags we got from our travel agent. I thought I would be clever and ordered the Cruise Critic Luggage Tag holders for RCCL/Celebrity cruises. Has anyone used these?

The luggage tags are about 2 inches longer than the plastic tags when folded in half. This seems to be a good way to totally lose the luggage tag. When folded so that they can read the ship and cabin info the name and bar code would be obscured. How do people use these plastic tags? I feel like I spent money on these and they are useless! H E L P!

We have CC luggage tags (clear, plastic, see-through). I just go on the RCCL or Celebrity web site when I register for the cruise. Then I print out the luggage tags. When I fold them, they fit in the CC luggage tag holders. Never a problem, unless the ones you have are smaller than the ones I have.

When we fly, I put our name and cell phone number in the holder, along with the hotel and name of our ship, just in case our luggage gets mis-placed by the airline.

Then I put in the ship tag before we go to the pier.

Thanks teacherman,

The tags I printed at home fit the plastic tags perfectly. The ones we got from the travel agent are skinny and longer. Who knew there was such a big difference in tags!

We are now ready to go!

We have CC luggage tags (clear, plastic, see-through). I just go on the RCCL or Celebrity web site when I register for the cruise. Then I print out the luggage tags. When I fold them, they fit in the CC luggage tag holders. Never a problem, unless the ones you have are smaller than the ones I have.

When we fly, I put our name and cell phone number in the holder, along with the hotel and name of our ship, just in case our luggage gets mis-placed by the airline.

Then I put in the ship tag before we go to the pier.

I've had the CC tag holders for several years and pack them in my luggage until we get ready to go to the port. Thanks for the great suggestion to use them pre-cruise--smart idea, teacherman!

One note of caution. If you have a gty cabin, the color code and loading station letter doesn't print on the luggage tag. If you then still put them in the CC plastic luggage tags, the porters (or whoever directs the luggage) will write the loading station in permanent marker on your tag, thereby rendering it trash for any future cruises.

One note of caution. If you have a gty cabin, the color code and loading station letter doesn't print on the luggage tag. If you then still put them in the CC plastic luggage tags, the porters (or whoever directs the luggage) will write the loading station in permanent marker on your tag, thereby rendering it trash for any future cruises.

Didn't know that...have a guarantee on upcoming cruise. I think my Goo Gone or other similar product would get permanent marker on plastic, maybe.

These tags have proved very handy on lines where you are expected to print tags. I like that X lets you order the "real" tags although that function did not work for me last cruise. Couldn't get them or print, either, nor could our TA without printing the whole document. I ordered the wider CC tags rather than the narrow as it's not problem with the fit on all the lines we sail.