Shareholder Benefit

sloperate

Yup you get $100 OBC on cruises 5 days and longer and $50 OBC on shorter cruises. We got $100 OBC for our recent Getaway cruise and $50 OBC for our cruise the next week on the Sky. Just got the $50 OBC for our upcoming cruise on the Sky. Just go to the investor relations section on NCL's website and you'll see a tab for shareholder benefit. Just complete and email the doc image along with a copy of your acct statement verifying how much NCL stock you own and you'll get an email confirmation within a day that the OBC has been applied to your cruise - you'll get an amenities confirmation.

Yup you get $100 OBC on cruises 5 days and longer and $50 OBC on shorter cruises. We got $100 OBC for our recent Getaway cruise and $50 OBC for our cruise the next week on the Sky. Just got the $50 OBC for our upcoming cruise on the Sky. Just go to the investor relations section on NCL's website and you'll see a tab for shareholder benefit. Just complete and email the doc image along with a copy of your acct statement verifying how much NCL stock you own and you'll get an email confirmation within a day that the OBC has been applied to your cruise - you'll get an amenities confirmation.

This is not what you think so far as the OBC is concerned. I bought the stock right away, and have taken MANY cruises since then. I have applied for the OBC every time, and on all but two occasions, they have denied it--said I already had another promotion which disqualified me. I wonder if all the free drink etc. packages are disqualifying. On the other hand, the stock was purchased at 30, and has been as high as 60.00 !!

This is not what you think so far as the OBC is concerned. I bought the stock right away, and have taken MANY cruises since then. I have applied for the OBC every time, and on all but two occasions, they have denied it--said I already had another promotion which disqualified me. I wonder if all the free drink etc. packages are disqualifying. On the other hand, the stock was purchased at 30, and has been as high as 60.00 !!

I get denied all the time based on discount rates or packages, but then they offer me dinner at Cagney's and a bottle of wine, which is close in value. I haven't tried now that Cagney's is ala carte, though.

Since I board the Gem, Feb 1, I'll try to remember to let you all know how I made out. I paid the "going rate" for my fare at the time I purchased it, so no special deal provided that I am aware of. As a "Platinum" traveler, I do get other benefits, though not sure why that might impact any other benefit. Time will tell.

On previous cruises I has offered the Cagney dinner/wine instead of OBC..due to rate I booked under...(at that time it was CAS)...Last time (not CAS rate)..I was granted the $100 OBC.. either was fine with me..;)

Having UBP back in October, I had no problem getting the shareholder benefit. However I had read that booking an AARP rate will disallow the shareholder benefit. For my upcoming 14 day cruise I booked with AARP rate, I do expect they will disallow the $250 shareholder OBC. Since we have the UBP, we won't need the OBC for drinks, I'm good with saving $156 up front and foregoing the shareholder OBC. Our TA is giving us $275 OBC. It would have been $325, but they reduced it because of AARP.

I hope this doesn't jinx me, but we book the AARP rate too and have never had our Shareholder OBC denied. It always amazes me how some get it no problem and others have issues.

Ditto !

Last cruise I booked was with AARP..no problem getting shareholder OBC.

I was denied the credit on a three week European cruise aboard the Jade in 2013 so I didn't bother about eve asking for the last couple of cruises, but I decided to try again on two upcoming at the end of the month, as well as a 2 week B2B aboard the Jade out of San Juan in October. I received the $100 OBC stock benefit in addition to another $300 OBC for existing promotions, and UDP and UBP. I'm quite satisfied with that.;)

• 3 weeks later...

I emailed my request in late Monday afternoon with the form and my brokerage statement and just got an email with my updated Amenities with the OBC added.

I didn't get contacted at all this time - just the update (which is fine with me.) So, maybe the rules have relaxed on rates (we have the AARP discount, as always.)

Last time, I was called and told I couldn't have OBC, but they would cover dinner at Cagney's.

• 3 weeks later...

I just bought my 100 shares of stock last week. So, I was leery about whether or not I'd get my OBC for my 2 cruises. I got it without incident. :-) For the record - my Alaska cruise was booked with AARP rate, free UBP (truly free - no 18% fee) and a meta upgrade using Norwegian credit card rewards points.