I'm new here....help me navigate

branditx

Finding the best price on a cruise requires that you get on the internet and look at all the online travel agencies you can to find the best deal. People on this board are not allowed to name travel agencies. Always compare the price of the cruise on RCI's website to the travel agencies. The main discounts to look for on travel agency websites are things like onboard credit, free included drinks packages, free specialty dining packages, and free internet.

And yes, there is an app for this site called Cruise Critic Forums, I believe.

Edited by SuiteTraveler

There is am overwhelming amount of info here, which is great but kind if hard to navigate on a phone. Where can I find the best price on an RCI cruise in October? Also, is there an ap for this site? Thanks !

No one can sell a cruise at a lower cost than what the cruise line posts it for. If you go directly to RCI's web site, the price you see there will be the same at any travel agency. The exception is, you might find a price advertised at $xxx.xx, but check closely to see if the price includes taxes and port charges. Some travel agencies will advertise a price that does NOT include taxes and port charges, thereby making the price seem lower, when in fact it is not. It's merely clever advertising to get your attention, and hopefully your business. I'm not aware of an app for Cruise Critic. Are you limited to using your phone to access the web? If not, why not use a laptop, or tablet with internet access?

Princess TA 30 day trip starting in FLL April 20th.

I'm looking for shore trips to Windsor or London on May 8th. Everything shown is for only those disembarking.

Nothing is shown for May 19th for Paris or anything else. We are taking the river trip on the first Paris time but would like to take a bus ride into the heart of Paris and look around ourselves.

Anyone up on why nothing is listed??

Princess TA 30 day trip starting in FLL April 20th.

I'm looking for shore trips to Windsor or London on May 8th. Everything shown is for only those disembarking.

Nothing is shown for May 19th for Paris or anything else. We are taking the river trip on the first Paris time but would like to take a bus ride into the heart of Paris and look around ourselves.

Anyone up on why nothing is listed??

You probably should have posted this on the Princess board separately, where you'll get more responses, instead of tying into someone else's thread. Try re-posting on the Princess board.

Forum app = Tapatalk. You will have to set it up for cruise critic as it works on many online BB forums.

As has been stated, the "Price" for a cruise is set by the cruiseline and will be the same wherever you book. HOWEVER, the cruise line or various TAs may offer different add-ons to make one a better value than another, such as OBC (On-Board Credit - Money you can spend on the ship), Beverage packages, Specialty Dining, etc. Check our the various offers by searching online and compare to what the cruiseline offers.

No one can sell a cruise at a lower cost than what the cruise line posts it for.

As has been stated, the "Price" for a cruise is set by the cruiseline and will be the same wherever you book.

While this is true with Royal Caribbean I don't want anyone with similar questions about other cruise lines to assume they price the same way. I'm familiar with Princess and I always check the website advertised price and then contact my TA and ask what she can do for me. It is always at least (sometimes more, sometimes slightly less) a 10% discount over the Princess price. You do have to contact a TA since, by agreement with Princess, they are not allowed to advertise their reduced fares.

Princess is known as the only cruiseline that allows TA's to discount.

For other lines, a TA can give you perks, but they are paying them out of their own commission, I believe.

You can get multiple listings/prices right on Cruise Critic under the Find-A-Cruise, or DEALS buttons. All of the prices will be the same :rolleyes:, but you may see an on-line agency in the pop-ups, that you personally are more comfortable doing business with.