Can anyone confirm the end of open bookings...

womack214

Can anyone confirm if "open bookings" are no longer available to sign up for while on current cruises? I heard this and just wondered if anyone can confirm that you must book actual dates now......

To my knowledge, open bookings are still available, however Royal has decimated the OBC so much on open bookings as to make them almost useless.

To my knowledge, open bookings are still available, however Royal has decimated the OBC so much on open bookings as to make them almost useless.

Yep. Pretty much pointless to bother with based on what has been posted here the last year or so.

Edited by bouhunter

Still available but practically worthless now. Look at page 2 for the current OBC offers for open bookings:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/NextCruise/14037219_Onboard_NextCruise_Flyer_2015.pdf

$25 OBC for a 7 night cruise when RCCL is holding your $100 per person deposit until you actually book something? Not worth it.

Can anyone confirm if "open bookings" are no longer available to sign up for while on current cruises? I heard this and just wondered if anyone can confirm that you must book actual dates now......

Last time we cruised - Sep 15 - we were able to book FCC (Future Cruise Certific) although they usually would rather you book actually cruise -

You can always book a 'dummy' cruise - book it as far out as you can and then you can change that reservation for another at a later date!

I just called the D+ Customer Support desk at RCL and they did say that this is NOT true -

You CAN purchase an Open Booking - it just means that you get less onboard credit -

That is why I said to book a 'dummy' cruise you can get more OBC and transfer one time before the credit is reduced!

I think the open bookings are beneficial for my family because I can pay $200 to reserve a room instead of $1000. Or even instead of $500. So for me they are sitting on less of my money for however long until my final payment is due. Anyway I just was told they weren't available anymore but if they are then I am in! Thanks everyone. :)

Last time we cruised - Sep 15 - we were able to book FCC (Future Cruise Certific) although they usually would rather you book actually cruise -

You can always book a 'dummy' cruise - book it as far out as you can and then you can change that reservation for another at a later date!

I just called the D+ Customer Support desk at RCL and they did say that this is NOT true -

You CAN purchase an Open Booking - it just means that you get less onboard credit -

That is why I said to book a 'dummy' cruise you can get more OBC and transfer one time before the credit is reduced!

Thanks for checking.

I believe currently if you transfer your "dummy" booking to a different one, you will lose your OBC. If I am wrong, someone please correct me.

I've heard that they will give you one move without reducing the OBC. However, I've not seen any reports confirming this, and since this condition is not in writing, I am skeptical.