San Juan Hotel Recommendations

ScarlettMD

We will be spending 3 nights in San Juan latter part of April 2016 before sailing. Looking for hotel recommendations. Group of girlfriends, we would like to be close to beach, shops, restaurants, not too far from port. Mid-range pricing good, would go higher if really cool, nice place. Please give us some good ideas! Thank you!

When we cruised out of San Juan we were going to need two hotel rooms so I checked into vrbo instead. We found a 2 bedroom, 2 bath apartment/condo in Condado on Ashford Ave. Their listing is "Best Location: Between the Marriott Stellaris and the Renaissance La Concha." It was just a little over a block off the beach. We took the bus into San Juan to explore on our full day pre-cruise, and took a cab on our cruise day. It worked well for us and was a bit cheaper than two hotel rooms would have been.

We will be spending 3 nights in San Juan latter part of April 2016 before sailing. Looking for hotel recommendations. Group of girlfriends, we would like to be close to beach, shops, restaurants, not too far from port. Mid-range pricing good, would go higher if really cool, nice place. Please give us some good ideas! Thank you!

Think this would suit perfectly

http://www.laconcharesort.com/default-en.html

• 2 weeks later...

It sounds like you are a budget minded traveler like me? Have you considered renting a room on airbnb. They even have entire apartments/houses for a fraction of the hotel cost, plus no 18% hotel tax. We found a great place called Trippers Inn and there's a $25 off coupon for a new customer to use on your first booking.

Do some research on that site and pay careful attention to the reviews. Try to choose places with LOTS of reviews. 1 they are accustomed to dealing with renters and tend to be more professional, and 2 you have a good idea if it will be a decent place. I only stay n the 5* places. I have not been in a bad airbnb room yet. :D

But keep in mind you are dealing with a private individual and not a hotel, so treat their home like you would want someone to treat yours.

If you want the $25 off coupon email me and I will refer a friend you!

LaShelle2AtBellsouthDotNet