Grand Princess - New Curtis Stone Menu offerings?

crazymomof4

Has anyone been on the Grand recently and can tell me if their "Always Available" menu is the new Curtis Stone dishes? Thanks!

I think it would be a good idea if we kept a list of which ships are doing it now. The plan is to extend it to all of them, I think.

Just off the Grand yesterday and there are no Curtis Stone items. Also, the 50'th Anniversary menu has left the ship.;) Embarkation lunch entrees are the salmon, beef medallions and chicken cacciatore.

Yay! If only they will keep this up until we sail her in September! My DH is quite picky and his go-tos are the medallions and the tri-tip. If those aren't on the always available, dinner will be a struggle.

By the way, you wouldn't happen to have taken the patters with you that you would scan and share, would you? Will you be doing a full review? I'd love all the details, as you did the same itinerary we will be doing in September and I need my vicarious cruising fix until we sail.

Edited by Luvmyrotti

Yay! If only they will keep this up until we sail her in September! My DH is quite picky and his go-tos are the medallions and the tri-tip. If those aren't on the always available, dinner will be a struggle.

By the way, you wouldn't happen to have taken the patters with you that you would scan and share, would you? Will you be doing a full review? I'd love all the details, as you did the same itinerary we will be doing in September and I need my vicarious cruising fix until we sail.

I'm sorry but I didn't save the patters. :( We have very slow satellite internet here in the country. It's just slightly faster than the ship's internet, lol.

The evening entertainment was very good. Our shows were Stardust, Do you Wanna Dance, Motor City, and British Invasion. We also had a couple of different comedians and a magic show, featuring a cute little dog, Indy.

MUTS had a lot of football playoffs and some good movies including The Martian and The Intern.

There's a new game called "Survival Challenge". It's like Survivor, with teams made up of passenger who have to vote each other off. There was lots of trivia and game shows, the deck party, rock and roll night, country night, etc. The patters were packed with activities. There was always something to do.

I'm sorry but I didn't save the patters. :( We have very slow satellite internet here in the country. It's just slightly faster than the ship's internet, lol.

The evening entertainment was very good. Our shows were Stardust, Do you Wanna Dance, Motor City, and British Invasion. We also had a couple of different comedians and a magic show, featuring a cute little dog, Indy.

MUTS had a lot of football playoffs and some good movies including The Martian and The Intern.

There's a new game called "Survival Challenge". It's like Survivor, with teams made up of passenger who have to vote each other off. There was lots of trivia and game shows, the deck party, rock and roll night, country night, etc. The patters were packed with activities. There was always something to do.

Thanks for the info. We can't wait for our sailing! Do you know who was in crooners and which band and other live musical acts they had?

Interesting. We were on the CB last week and there were 3 Curtis Stone selections in the always available section - lower left page of menu. I only remember one that I ordered - the Flank steak with avacado sauce. It was pretty good.

Thanks for the info. We can't wait for our sailing! Do you know who was in crooners and which band and other live musical acts they had?

Funch was the piano player in Crooners. He also did a show in the Princess Theater. Son De Mexico played in Explorer's and the Piazza. Tempo Quatro was the Wheelhouse band and Static Band was the house party band for the Vista Lounge and Explorer's too.

One evening there was a "Day of the Dead" party in the Piazza with live music, dancing and costumes. I would have brought some skull clothing to wear if I had known in advance. The few kids on the ship were having their faces painted with skull designs. It was something different for the Mexico cruises.

Funch was the piano player in Crooners. He also did a show in the Princess Theater. Son De Mexico played in Explorer's and the Piazza. Tempo Quatro was the Wheelhouse band and Static Band was the house party band for the Vista Lounge and Explorer's too.

One evening there was a "Day of the Dead" party in the Piazza with live music, dancing and costumes. I would have brought some skull clothing to wear if I had known in advance. The few kids on the ship were having their faces painted with skull designs. It was something different for the Mexico cruises.

Sounds great! Thanks for sharing!