Sapphire Princess 2/14 Embarkation Delay In Singapore

hpeabody

Due to port scheduling conflicts in Singapore, embarkation for your cruise will be delayed until 7:00 PM.

Princess Email

Singapore can not take 2 cruise ships in port? I just got a notice that we will have a nightime after 7PM embarkation, muster drill at 10:00 PM. I have never heard of anything like that (Houston/Bayport perhaps the exception and due to weather isues) I checked TT and the only other ship in port is Celebrity Millenium. And it is weird because it is also there the following day. Is Celebrity going to go float out at sea while we embark and leave port and then go back to the dock and overnight? And ... Oh My, what about the people disembarking the previous cruise that have flights to catch. They'll be out there floating when their flight takes off. (Been in that situation and it is a nightmare) What a mess I foresee. Grrrrrrrrrrrr :mad::mad::mad:

Edited by hpeabody

Due to port scheduling conflicts in Singapore, embarkation for your cruise will be delayed until 7:00 PM.

Princess Email

Singapore can not take 2 cruise ships in port? I just got a notice that we will have a nightime after 7PM embarkation, muster drill at 10:00 PM. I have never heard of anything like that (Houston/Bayport perhaps the exception) I checked TT and the only other ship in port is Celebrity Millenium. And it is weird because it is also there the following day. Is Celebrity going to go float out at sea while we embark and leave port and then go back to the dock and overnight? And ... Oh My, what about the people disembarking the previous cruise that have flights to catch. They'll be out there floating when their flight takes off. (Been in that situation and it is a nightmare) What a mess I foresee. Grrrrrrrrrrrr :mad::mad::mad:

Yeah but once onboard it will be a distant memory.

I have more Info. It appears that for whatever reason Sapphire Princess was an afterthought in the day's port schedule .... OOPS! and will have to play musical ships. I still do not see her on the Marina Bay port schedule. She is shown in port on the 7th and the 24th, but not the 14th. On that day she will arrive at 4:30 AM and disembarkation has to be complete by 7AM and Sapphire will leave the dock. She will return for embarkation at 7PM. The people disembarking are getting an additional $50.00 OBC to reimburse cost of meals etc, which we are not getting. It's going to be quite a day. Has this happened to anyone else?

I guess it could be worse, they might have sent her to another place since Singapore is full like Bangkok. Which actually came very close to happening to me on my previous southeast Asia cruise in reverse due to red shirt yellow shirt unrest in Bangkok, we were almost taken to Singapore for disembarkation. The captain had to make a big last minute decision.

• 3 weeks later...
I have more Info. It appears that for whatever reason Sapphire Princess was an afterthought in the day's port schedule .... OOPS! and will have to play musical ships. I still do not see her on the Marina Bay port schedule. She is shown in port on the 7th and the 24th, but not the 14th. On that day she will arrive at 4:30 AM and disembarkation has to be complete by 7AM and Sapphire will leave the dock. She will return for embarkation at 7PM. The people disembarking are getting an additional $50.00 OBC to reimburse cost of meals etc, which we are not getting. It's going to be quite a day. Has this happened to anyone else?

I guess it could be worse, they might have sent her to another place since Singapore is full like Bangkok. Which actually came very close to happening to me on my previous southeast Asia cruise in reverse due to red shirt yellow shirt unrest in Bangkok, we were almost taken to Singapore for disembarkation. The captain had to make a big last minute decision.

I see it on the Port Schedule but because there are 2 other cruise ships in, someone can't fit. Seems like Princess gives away - maybe because they were the last to book.

Sapphire Princess

14 Feb 2016

Sunday 4:30 AM

Sunday 7:00 AM

Mariner of the Seas

14 Feb 2016

Sunday 6:30 AM

Sunday 5:00 PM

Celebrity Millennium

14 Feb 2016

Sunday 8:00 AM 15 Feb 2016

Monday 5:00 PM

It will be fine - the ship will return to port once the Mariner has left at 5pm. People disembarking will do so at around 5am and make their flights.

Edited by Pushka

I'm sorry, but I do not see this as either a nightmare or disaster. You're in one of the best cities in the world. If you are already in the city, have your hotel store your bags and go out and enjoy the sites of Singapore. If you're first arriving that day, Changi airport is universally regarded as THE best airport in the world. So hang out there and enjoy it. Go see the Cactus, Orchid or Sunflower Gardens in the airport. Or the special Star Wars exhibit. Or the Beauty Loft and spas.

I'm sorry, but I do not see this as either a nightmare or disaster. You're in one of the best cities in the world. If you are already in the city, have your hotel store your bags and go out and enjoy the sites of Singapore. If you're first arriving that day, Changi airport is universally regarded as THE best airport in the world. So hang out there and enjoy it. Go see the Cactus, Orchid or Sunflower Gardens in the airport. Or the special Star Wars exhibit. Or the Beauty Loft and spas.

What a great upbeat response, Thank You.

I have just arrived in Hong Kong and I make my way to Singapore Sunday morning.