New Azamara Cruiser--Website Question

2pbears

We will be on the Quest in May, our first Azamara cruise, and we are very excited about trying a new cruise line. However, being a newbie has it's challenges. We have cruised Princess for so long that we are very familiar with "everything Princess" but I find myself struggling with the Azamara website. A week or so ago I booked (or thought I booked) a reservation for the Azamazing Evening on the Azamara website. Today when I went to the website again to review other Land Discoveries I see no indication that we have booked the Azamazing Evening. The excursion summary for my booking shows "Reservations Purchased - 0; Reservations Pending - 0". Is this because there is no charge for the event or should I be concerned that maybe I do not have a reservation. Will appreciate any help or advice you can offer.

We will be on the Quest in May, our first Azamara cruise, and we are very excited about trying a new cruise line. However, being a newbie has it's challenges. We have cruised Princess for so long that we are very familiar with "everything Princess" but I find myself struggling with the Azamara website. A week or so ago I booked (or thought I booked) a reservation for the Azamazing Evening on the Azamara website. Today when I went to the website again to review other Land Discoveries I see no indication that we have booked the Azamazing Evening. The excursion summary for my booking shows "Reservations Purchased - 0; Reservations Pending - 0". Is this because there is no charge for the event or should I be concerned that maybe I do not have a reservation. Will appreciate any help or advice you can offer.

Even though it is free it should still come up as a reservation.

I have only booked my AzAmazing Evenings so far and they are clearly in my list as reservations.

Did your data connection drop out before the transaction finalized?

Sorry, I am not more help.

Karyn

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

2pbears,

the same happened to me. I made a reservation for our AmazingEvening a few weeks ago. this week I was looking for some tours, offered by AZ and there was no reservation for the AE.

So I made a reservation again. I just checked again after reading your post and it again shows and I also don´t know what to do now: Excursions Summary Excursions

Purchased:

0 Excursions

Pending:

Ah,

Oh dear - I pressed something!!! I was going to say that I did exactly the same. I went in again and scrolled to the bottom and pressed, I think, PURCHASE. Can't be sure that that was the word, but you have to go down to the bottom of the screen and there will be something to click on to purchase, even though you are not paying any money. Sounds garbled, I know, but have another go and see if you can find what I mean!

Oh dear - I pressed something!!! I was going to say that I did exactly the same. I went in again and scrolled to the bottom and pressed, I think, PURCHASE. Can't be sure that that was the word, but you have to go down to the bottom of the screen and there will be something to click on to purchase, even though you are not paying any money. Sounds garbled, I know, but have another go and see if you can find what I mean!

Yes, you do have to proceed as though you were purchasing the Azamazing Evening.

If it still isn't working for you, let me know and I'll relay it to the web gurus.

Bonnie

Yes, you do have to proceed as though you were purchasing the Azamazing Evening.

If it still isn't working for you, let me know and I'll relay it to the web gurus.

Bonnie

Speaking of web guru's Bonnie. When you were in Miami, you were going to talk to them about fixing the deck plans on the websites for both Journey and Quest. They remain incorrect and confusing and it really would be nice for new customers trying to book if they knew what the room consists of especially the Club Continental Suites where for sure they don't tell the story of after the refits.

Thanks,

Speaking of web guru's Bonnie. When you were in Miami, you were going to talk to them about fixing the deck plans on the websites for both Journey and Quest. They remain incorrect and confusing and it really would be nice for new customers trying to book if they knew what the room consists of especially the Club Continental Suites where for sure they don't tell the story of after the refits.

Thanks,

Hi Dave,

In the past few days, they have made a change to the website, where the Deck Plan button now links to a .PDF page of the Deck Plans. It's not for the better, especially in Journey's case, as it's the "Pre-Drydock" Deck Plan. At the very least, they should update it to the latest Deck Plan.

I hope Bonnie will pass this along to their web team.

Hi Dave,

In the past few days, they have made a change to the website, where the Deck Plan button now links to a .PDF page of the Deck Plans. It's not for the better, especially in Journey's case, as it's the "Pre-Drydock" Deck Plan. At the very least, they should update it to the latest Deck Plan.

I hope Bonnie will pass this along to their web team.

Thanks for that update Andy, had not looked for a few days and the pdf is dated April 2, 2015 so yes, the old deck plans for sure. They actually work for Quest pre refit but, certainly not for Journey.

Perhaps this change is an indication that the actual website is in work and will be complete prior to next week when Journey comes out of dry dock. Really appreciate you echoing my thoughts about Bonnie following up with the web people as she did state that was on her agenda for her Miami trip.

Thanks so much to all of you who offered help with this. The problem seems to be resolved now......I think. I went back to the website, started over, and sure enough, there was more to it than I had completed the first time. I made it all the way through to the "Purchase Tickets" button but when I clicked on that I got a message saying my purchase could not be completed as they had no credit card information on file. I tried to find a place on the website to enter credit card information without success. I guess that's a project for another day. But when I went back to the Land Discoveries page it is now showing that I purchased 2 tickets. So I think I am OK now on the Azamazing Evenings. Thanks again to all for being so helpful.

Thanks so much to all of you who offered help with this. The problem seems to be resolved now......I think. I went back to the website, started over, and sure enough, there was more to it than I had completed the first time. I made it all the way through to the "Purchase Tickets" button but when I clicked on that I got a message saying my purchase could not be completed as they had no credit card information on file. I tried to find a place on the website to enter credit card information without success. I guess that's a project for another day. But when I went back to the Land Discoveries page it is now showing that I purchased 2 tickets. So I think I am OK now on the Azamazing Evenings. Thanks again to all for being so helpful.

I found it on the online check in section in My Azamara.

Thanks,

On the UK web site it gives you the option of the two dates before and after the refit.

Bonnie,

And have done all the procedures twice, including to push the button to purchase the AZ however I know its included.

I´ve tried it again now, but the program told me, that it is unable to purchase the tickets from the creditcard, which they know from the online-check-in process.

Maybe its done now are not. I will check it maybe next week again.

I´ve done it the same way like for our AZ in Liverpool, which you visited also and which was one of the best experiences we ever had.

Thanks,

Hello Dave. I have looked back through my notes. It is my understanding that the new deck plans will show which suites have tubs, but will not depict loveseat vs high back chair in the Club Continent Suites. All staterooms will have either a loveseat or a small sofa bed.

I have not heard when the new deck plans will be rolled out. Soon I imagine.

Bonnie

Hello Dave. I have looked back through my notes. It is my understanding that the new deck plans will show which suites have tubs, but will not depict loveseat vs high back chair in the Club Continent Suites. All staterooms will have either a loveseat or a small sofa bed.

Bonnie

Somehow, somewhere, I remember reading that CC suites with showers will have high back chairs and those with tubs will have loveseats. Is this actually the case?

Bonnie

Thanks for the reply Bonnie, as Host Andy mentioned last nite and I confirmed, the web now shows old pdf's for each ship dated May 4, 2015 with nothing noted regarding the tub vs. shower as that had not been identified at that time.

Previously about 2 days ago and prior, no indication was shown on the web version of Quest yet for Journey, there was a code indicating tub but, the code on the deck plan was a bit different than the legend. Also, up to a couple of days ago when the deck plans defaulted to the old incorrect pdf's, the Quest deck plan showed multiple date ranges with only the current one bringing up a deck plan. These issues have been on the website for many months and while many of us already booked and looking forward to a refurbished Quest want to know what configuration we will have post April, Azamara is marketing cruises to new customers who want to book and choose their cabin as well as configuration. I am equally concerned that people trying to book will be unhappy when they find that what they thought they had booked as a configuration and cancel or otherwise say bad things regarding Azamara which could affect the business.

Am hoping that this came over as a positive concern for currently booked passengers, those trying to book as well as the financial well being of Azamara. We certainly hope that the putting up of the pdf's, which are worse in describing the suites is a prelude to updating the web pages to an accurate depiction of the ships post refit and that the date dropdowns for Quest be fixed to only show pre refit and post refit.

With the Journey refit in process and the configurations of the two ships expected to be extremely close to identical, the web gurus should have the correct configuration to quickly update the webpages to inform the currently booked passengers as well as help new customers choose the cabin/suite of their choice.

Thanks for listening Bonnie and we are greatly looking forward to our first of many Azamara cruises.

Even though it is free it should still come up as a reservation.

I have only booked my AzAmazing Evenings so far and they are clearly in my list as reservations.

Did your data connection drop out before the transaction finalized?

Sorry, I am not more help.

Karyn

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

I just checked and mine shows. You do have to complete the process as if you were actually purchasing something. I even had to put in a credit card as I remember.