Hong Kong to Singapore Information

Antonintassie

Hi

We have recently booked our first Azamara cruise HK to Singapore .

We are looking at dining times in the 7.30 to 8.00 pm range is this suitable to catch some lounge entertainment .Would I be correct in assuming late shows would be around 9.30 pm ?

Kind Regards

Anthony

Yes if you eat in Discoveries (MDR). We usually go into the Discoveries bar at about 7:30, have a drink then go in to dinner at 7:45-8:00, depending on whether we have got chatting to anyone or not. We usually manage to get to the show after dinner, although sometimes if we get on a very chatty table ( we usually opt to share a table - great way to meet people) we can sometimes be later and have to slip into the show after its started.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don't believe it is second, it is only show. Azamara doesn't do 2 shows a nite like mainstream cruise lines.

Sorry Dave but apart from 1st and last nights they do have 2 shows per night.....certainly on Azmara cruises we have been on......just got off Quest on 22 December. We always go to the later show as we eat about 7.30..8.00 ish.

Joyce

Thanks for that information jollyjoyce. Can you please let us know when the first show is?? Would have to be fairly early to allow passengers to be able to eat before the restaurants close. Am used to dining taking 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours on cruises so not sure how that ties into the showtimes??

Thanks,

Thanks for that information jollyjoyce. Can you please let us know when the first show is?? Would have to be fairly early to allow passengers to be able to eat before the restaurants close. Am used to dining taking 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 hours on cruises so not sure how that ties into the showtimes??

Thanks,

TBH Dave, I'm not sure what time the early show is but I remember on a very odd accession we have gone to the 1st show and then eaten at about 8.30. Restaurants close 9pm...that's last orders so loads of time if you wanted to do it that way round, they don't throw you out of the restaurant

I'm sure someone will tell you exactly what time the early show is though.

Show usually lasts about 45 minutes.

Joyce

Thank You for the replies

We have booked an owners suite ,and in light of the discussion on another thread in relation speciality restaurant bookings we thought it might be prudent to have some days and times to book our preferences on embarkation.

This is our first real trip to ASIA other than airports transits so we will see how it goes.

Hi

We have recently booked our first Azamara cruise HK to Singapore .

We are looking at dining times in the 7.30 to 8.00 pm range is this suitable to catch some lounge entertainment .Would I be correct in assuming late shows would be around 9.30 pm ?

Kind Regards

Anthony

We have booked an owners suite ,and in light of the discussion on another thread in relation speciality restaurant bookings we thought it might be prudent to have some days and times to book our preferences on embarkation.

This is our first real trip to ASIA other than airports transits so we will see how it goes.

Anthony, we did this cruise 2 years ago on Journey. It was wonderful. I'm sure you will have an amazing time.

I don't know where your Azamazing evening is but ours was in Ho Chi Minh...and was amazing.

Enjoy.

Joyce

Edited by jollyjoyce

Thank You Joyce

We have travelled extensively but have only done two cruises one with Celebrity and one with Princess as we tend to be land people we tend to favour less sea days. The pre stay in Hong Kong and post stay in Singapore as well as the longer port stays and small ship flexibility ( as well as a push by our 20 year old son who is travelling with us) swung us to give Azamara a try.

In the Owner's Suite, your butler will help you with the reservations for the Specialty restaurants. He will ask you on day one what your dining time preference is and make all the reservations for your entire cruise. He will probably recommend that you alternate between Aqualina and Prime C. On our last trip on the Journey, we got 8:00 reservations, alternating between the 2 restos, and were able to make the late theater show with no problem, as long as we alerted the waiter. You can also make changes to your reservations if you need to, sometimes at the last minute, depending on how busy they are. You can also dine en-suite, ordering from any menu, and your butler will serve you in courses. And there is always Discoveries, where you walk in. We loved the accommodations in the Owner's Suite and will return in April to live it up some more.

In the Owner's Suite, your butler will help you with the reservations for the Specialty restaurants. He will ask you on day one what your dining time preference is and make all the reservations for your entire cruise. He will probably recommend that you alternate between Aqualina and Prime C. On our last trip on the Journey, we got 8:00 reservations, alternating between the 2 restos, and were able to make the late theater show with no problem, as long as we alerted the waiter. You can also make changes to your reservations if you need to, sometimes at the last minute, depending on how busy they are. You can also dine en-suite, ordering from any menu, and your butler will serve you in courses. And there is always Discoveries, where you walk in. We loved the accommodations in the Owner's Suite and will return in April to live it up some more.

tv24, is it better to book the speciality restaurants for the entire cruise while boarding and then fixing any issues with the butler or to simply wait for the butler to book them?? Reason I ask is that people are reporting that on some cruises the specialties are fully booked before everyone boards.

Also, are is there one or two shows per nite and if 2, what time does the first show generally start??

Thanks in advance,

tv24, is it better to book the speciality restaurants for the entire cruise while boarding and then fixing any issues with the butler or to simply wait for the butler to book them?? Reason I ask is that people are reporting that on some cruises the specialties are fully booked before everyone boards.

Also, are is there one or two shows per nite and if 2, what time does the first show generally start??

Thanks in advance,

Dave: You will meet your butler shortly after you board and probably while you are unpacking. One of the first things he will bring up with you is your preference for dining in the specialty restaurants. I recommend that you leave all of this to him and save yourself some time. We recently finished a 16-day crossing of the Atlantic on the Journey and found that the specialty restos were not full almost every night, the only exceptions being a few evenings when a group of contractors on board (the Journey was being rewired as an early part of the retrofit) had group dinners. On another crossing a couple of years ago, there was also plenty of room, especially in Aqualina. I am sure there may be cruises when the specialties are more popular but that was not my experience. When the show is a featured entertainer there are usually two performances, and I am sorry, but I don't remember the starting time for the early show. When it's a big special show, such as on the last night of the cruise, there is only one show, and it's late. Sometimes there are two entirely different shows on one night. Hope this helps. Don't stress.