Courtyard Marriott

CaribbeanCrush

I'm looking considering booking the Courtyard Marriott for pre cruise stay in Ft. Lauderdale. Would it be better to reserve an inter coastal or ocean view room? I would like to see the ships in port if possible.

I'm not sure if you could see them due to the 17th Street Bridge but if there is a view, you need to be on the top floor with a South facing room.

You'll be able to see both the Intracoastal and the ocean.

The view of the ships leaving port will be spectacular from your room.

My rooftop gym is next door:D

We had one of the ocean view corner rooms. It was truly spectacular. We turned the love seat around to face the windows and shared a bottle of wine watching the sea. Fantastic. We were able to see some ships leaving or arriving but you're a couple of miles north of the seaway leading to the sea.

Pull up google maps and examine the port area. That should give you an idea of which hotels will offer the best view. On a previous cruise, we booked the Embassy Suites with a very high level room. Wonderful view of the port and ships. The important factors are how high is the room and is it on a side of the hotel facing the port.

You might want to look at the Lego Mar. It's walking distance to the ships channel but it's not well located. There's just not much else around there.