Escape brat pack and million dollar quartet

Delasolbaltimore

Jan 16-23 very disappointing that both shows were cancelled due to cast member injuries.

This was very disappointing for most. For those sailing on the Jan 23 voyage keep us posted if they got replacement cast and were able to preform.

As side notes the ship makes a lot of strange noises when moving and the food is salty.

They brought the levity comedy shows from headliners into the theatre as replacement and for brat pack put together what they called supper club unplugged. They made announcement when you showed up expecting to see brat pack. There was no charge for this show. I don't call singing "come together" by reading the lyrics off a piece of paper professional entertainment. Fail for ncl. I don't understand why they don't have backups trained to be able to fly in at next port. They should rethink their shows in the future. I recall several weeks ago MDQ was dark for the week due to issues as well.

I agree - it appears a little amateurish to have a show go dark twice in such a short period. Even worst... 2/3 of the shows dark for a given week. Not pretty.

I'm sailing in a week, and I gotta say I was pretty psyched when I first read the entertainment lineup for the Escape. Fingers crossed that the "show must go on"...

Edited by TheDougOut

Jan 16-23 very disappointing that both shows were cancelled due to cast member injuries.

This was very disappointing for most. For those sailing on the Jan 23 voyage keep us posted if they got replacement cast and were able to preform.

As side notes the ship makes a lot of strange noises when moving and the food is salty.

Well we are on the ship this week and they cancelled brat pack..no under studies

We just got off the Escape on 1/23 too. Had booked both the Million $ Quartet and the Brat Pack Supper club and both were cancelled. We didn't know about Supper club until we showed up for the 2nd show. First show that night had gone on, but a lead female was re-injured so 2nd show cancelled. They refunded the charge and still invited us to stay for dinner and various entertainers put on an 'unplugged' supper club show that was great. Also enjoyed the meal. Disappointed, but hopefully will see both shows when we return in October. Loved the ship!

We just got off the Escape on 1/23 too. Had booked both the Million $ Quartet and the Brat Pack Supper club and both were cancelled. We didn't know about Supper club until we showed up for the 2nd show. First show that night had gone on, but a lead female was re-injured so 2nd show cancelled. They refunded the charge and still invited us to stay for dinner and various entertainers put on an 'unplugged' supper club show that was great. Also enjoyed the meal. Disappointed, but hopefully will see both shows when we return in October. Loved the ship!

I was on the same sailing. Missed out on MDQ which was naturally disappointing. I was also booked for the Friday Brat pack show and was notified about the change to Supper Club unplugged prior to the program, I even received a personal call from the box office asking if I would be attending anyway. The young lady said they wished to know so the chef would know how man dinners to prepare. Seeing as they comped the dinner I attended the show and I am glad that I did. The food was better than I had expected, and the show itself was excellent. The performers did a fine job, and since they were all garnered from the cast members of both the MDQ and the Brat pack, my only real disappointment lied in that I can only imagine how good the regular shows must be. I attended the behind the scenes tour and one of the questions asked, and this was before either show was cancelled, was why no understudies. The guide explained that it would require too many extra performers and was not deemed practical. Considering the quality of the performers required to put on these programs it is understandable even though it was very disappointing. Frankly I don't know what the solution would be, short of watering down the quality of the shows. The singers and musicians that I did see on that final evening were of the highest quality. As it was, I was very happy that I saw the Supper Club Unplugged.