Singapore Night Safari worth going ???

Gail & Marty sailing away

We were disappointed, but then we had also been to Africa on safari before we arrived in Singapore. The line-ups were horrendous, it was too dark to see many of the animals, and we felt it just wasn't worth the money. I think the fact that we had seen so many animals in the wild before probably jaundiced our view. I do think though that Singapore's regular zoo is better than their night one. My opinion only.

We were disappointed, but then we had also been to Africa on safari before we arrived in Singapore. The line-ups were horrendous, it was too dark to see many of the animals, and we felt it just wasn't worth the money. I think the fact that we had seen so many animals in the wild before probably jaundiced our view. I do think though that Singapore's regular zoo is better than their night one. My opinion only.

had seen so many animals in the wild before probably jaundiced our view.

I do think though that Singapore's regular zoo is better than their night one. My opinion only..

May I ask why ??

Edited by we're sailing away....

There is more to see and do in the regular zoo. The lighting is very poor in the night zoo and most of the animals are so well hidden you can't see quite a few of them. While we were on safari, we were up close to the animals at night whereas at the zoo you are on a tram for quite a bit of it and seemed far away from the animals. You are squished onto a bench and if you are not on the right edge for viewing, your view is impaired. We got off the tram at some of the stops, but still felt we did not see that much. I guess we got spoilt with the safaris because there was only 2 people per bench which meant you could see everything.

In our opinion, the Night Safari was ok (just). Certainly agree with no fuss travel's comments regarding not seeing many of the animals but we didn't experience long lines. Friends recommended we go as they really enjoyed it, but it wasn't a highlight of our Singapore visit.

Edited by Omega1

There is more to see and do in the regular zoo. The lighting is very poor in the night zoo and most of the animals are so well hidden you can't see quite a few of them. While we were on safari, we were up close to the animals at night whereas at the zoo you are on a tram for quite a bit of it and seemed far away from the animals. You are squished onto a bench and if you are not on the right edge for viewing, your view is impaired. We got off the tram at some of the stops, but still felt we did not see that much. I guess we got spoilt with the safaris because there was only 2 people per bench which meant you could see everything.

Agree with all these comments. We had the same experience.

• 1 month later...

We read in several tour guides that this was recommended. We booked a tour that took us there. Traffic was gridlock. Got there and went on the tour only to see almost nothing. Was SO overpriced and not worth it. Save your money. There are so many worthwhile things to see in Singapore and this is not worth the time or money.

We read in several tour guides that this was recommended. We booked a tour that took us there. Traffic was gridlock. Got there and went on the tour only to see almost nothing. Was SO overpriced and not worth it. Save your money. There are so many worthwhile things to see in Singapore and this is not worth the time or money.

Agree 100%