ship stores

Are the prices at Kate Spade, coach or Michael Kors reasonable?

You can get better prices on the Michael Kors items at Marshalls back at home. But you won't be able to say, 'you got it on your cruise'....well, say it anyway, no one will know the truth.

I was looking at a Michael Kors bag since I boarded the ship. I didn't buy because I couldn't wrap my head around spending $400 for a bag. Somewhere around night 5 or 6, there was a purse sale and I was delighted to find the bag on sale for $100 off. That, along with the OBC we received for booking our next trip on board, I was able to get the purse for next to nothing.

We are on Indy sailing from the UK in May, my daughter is looking forward to browsing the Michael Kors bags on board. I was interested to read that they were discouted during the cruise. For us in the UK our retail prices are generally higher than in the states, duty free shopping on-board does offer some good savings.

Are the prices reduced again during the trip, was this a one off or is it at the same point on every sailing ?

They do have special sales where some might go up to half off but they are still pricey. Ask at the store if they are doing one. I didn't anything advertised but noticed it walking around one day. The one I liked was only 25% off which you can often get at bell or Dillard's. They did hav newer styles than I think you would see at marshals if that matters to you.

GO CARDIAC CATS!!!!! KEEP POUNDING!!!! BEAT CARDINALS!!!

Edited by cindivan

I was on the Oasis and most days (sometimes during the evening) there were tables set up on deck 5 (Royal Promenade) selling different things. They were not in the physical stores themselves. One day it was watches, one was apparel, this night happened to be purses. As the previous poster stated it was only 25% off but I talked myself in to it with the OBC I had. All of the brands were represented (Coach, Michael Kors, Kate Spade). I don't know how they determine what they put out for sale. I was just lucky enough to have the one I wanted reduced. I'm sure if you stop by the shop and ask, they'll tell you what night the sale is.

My Allure cruise in November had various purse sales throughout the week. One of them was a designer purse sale where the MK and Coach bags (not sure about KS) were marked down a bit.

I noticed the MK shop didn't have the latest styles. I browsed, but didn't see anything I liked. Maybe I'll have better luck on my next cruise.