Port Canaveral to Orlando Airport travel time frame

tim5811

Take a cab if you want better control of your travel time. Another option is to rent a car which typically comes out MUCH cheaper. The only drawback is the wait at the rental place, it could be quick or the line could be long. Just don't be the last person off the ship!

Here's a cost breakdown I made for my trip next week.

Carnival transfer service - $36 per person x 4 people = $144

Shuttle van service - $30 per person x 4 people = $120

Cab fare = $134.93

Budget rent a car = $44.18

I think that an 11:00 a.m. departure is a bit too early. You didn't mention the time of year, but the security lines at MCO is generally busy just about any time. If you are checking luggage, you'll need to be at the airport by 9:30. If you hit traffic, you could be late.

11am may be cutting it close especially depending on the day of the week. I've debarked in PC twice the last time being this past Thursday.

Back in March was during spring break time on a Friday & the airport was pretty nutty. The self service kiosks went down so the line to get boarding passes & check bags was insane.

On Thursday I did not do self assist because we were in no rush. We got off the ship just before 10am when our zone was called. Our shuttle (Contrans- highly recommend!) left before 10:30. Got to the aiport around 11:15 or so. Self assist started around 8ish if I recall. If you got off self-assist right away & had private travel arrangements waiting you'd make an 11am, but it could be tight depending on traffic & lines at the airport.

Edited by Drose716
Spelling

For an 11 departure you need to be at MCO by 9:30 (earlier is better, as mentioned above TSA at MCO is often chaos :(). with the drive taking just about an hour that means off the ship, clear of customs/immigration, with bags and loaded into a limo/shuttle/taxi by 8:30.

I would book private car service with Executive VIP - you do not have the time to mess around with car rentals and even waiting on a shuttle could be tight.

Good luck! :)

no one has mentioned so I will

there is ONE road from the port to the airport that gets you there in 45 - 50 minutes.

this road has limited on off for about 1/2 the distance .....

this road gets closed by an accident roughly once a month

when this happens you can be caught on the road with no option but sit and wait OR if not on the road forced to an alternate that can add an hour or more to your travel time.

This happened to me not long ago. I can usually get to the airport in 60 minutes and always plan to get to the airport 2 hours before my flight. A crash happened on 528 and being a local I used every trick I knew to get around, then did the last 10 miles at 85 mph, skipped cheap parking, RAN thru the terminal, thank God we were TSA PRE and made it to the gate just as they were closing the plane doors . . .

just sayin' . . . .

• 1 year later...
First time cruising out of PC, I have a 12:25 flight from MCO on a Saturday, with self assist would that be enough time, to get to the airport.

Yes -- for your flight you need to be at MCO for check-in about 10:30-11, which means on the road from PC by 9:30 or so -- should be easy and you can use one of the inexpensive shared shuttles.

The thread you pulled up was over a year old ;), but the information is basically the same (although recent reports from Executive VIP have been troubling); check with CorTrans or Cocoa Beach Shuttle. IMHO you don't have enough time to mess around with a rental car.