"More To Love" Packages

bigmjh

Two questions: (1) Beverage packages - is a gratuity charge added to the daily charge for upgraded beverage packages? ... and ... (2) Can OBC be used to purchase the "More To Love" packages once onboard? How about for the various dining packages?

Hello Bigmjh,

re. the "More to Love" promotion, no you cannot wait to purchase this on-board. It is a sales promotion valid on select voyages. It expires on 2/29/16.

re. dining packages, YES you can purchase the dining packages using your OBC.

re. gratuities on a beverage package purchased on-board, we do not charge gratuities. They are included. Any additional gratuities are optional.

Hello Bigmjh,

re. the "More to Love" promotion, no you cannot wait to purchase this on-board. It is a sales promotion valid on select voyages. It expires on 2/29/16.

re. dining packages, YES you can purchase the dining packages using your OBC.

re. gratuities on a beverage package purchased on-board, we do not charge gratuities. They are included. Any additional gratuities are optional.

I thought the promo expiring on 2/29 is for select voyages receiving the first tier of "more to love" for free. The website lists three tiers of "more to love" for purchase as an onboard package along with the dining and drinking packages.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I thought the promo expiring on 2/29 is for select voyages receiving the first tier of "more to love" for free. The website lists three tiers of "more to love" for purchase as an onboard package along with the dining and drinking packages.

Hmmm, maybe you know something I don't know! Let me go to the source (the marketing department) and get clarification. I thought you were asking about the former (the select voyages promotion.) If there's an on-board promotion with the same name it skipped my notice. Can I get back to you tomorrow...the office is closed now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The "free" "more to love perk" is included in your cruise fare which has increased significantly over the fare prior to this promotion.

The "free" "more to love perk" is included in your cruise fare which has increased significantly over the fare prior to this promotion.

The question I have is in regards to the three levels of the "More To Love" promotion that are available for purchase at $700 ... $1,300 ... and $2,100. Can these be purchased onboard using OBC?

Edited by bigmjh

The question I have is in regards to the three levels of the "More To Love" promotion that are available for purchase at $700 ... $1,300 ... and $2,100. Can these be purchased onboard using OBC?

Different pieces of the promotion packages can be purchased on board with OBC (e.g., a number of specialty dinners and a chef's dinner, upgraded liquor) but I don't think the promotion packages can be. Maybe Azamara should consider bundling some of their on board offerings for sale on board at a discounted price, a la the More to Love promotion.

Different pieces of the promotion packages can be purchased on board with OBC (e.g., a number of specialty dinners and a chef's dinner, upgraded liquor) but I don't think the promotion packages can be. Maybe Azamara should consider bundling some of their on board offerings for sale on board at a discounted price, a la the More to Love promotion.

The three promotions are listed on the website in the same place that the beverage packages are listed. Looking at the website would lead one to think you could purchase the More To Love packages.

The three promotions are listed on the website in the same place that the beverage packages are listed. Looking at the website would lead one to think you could purchase the More To Love packages.

I only discovered yesterday as well that the "Like, Love, Adore" packages are listed under on-board packages! I'm trying to get a definitive answer as to whether they can be purchased on-board OR whether this limited time sales promotion is showing up on the wrong webpage. So sorry to make you wait a bit longer :(

Hi bigmjh,

The answer is as I expected...these packages cannot be purchased onboard, they must be added to the booking and paid for prior to joining the ship.

Hi bigmjh,

The answer is as I expected...these packages cannot be purchased onboard, they must be added to the booking and paid for prior to joining the ship.

Bonnie, just so I understand correctly, I can add one of these packages to my existing reservation through, say, my TA? i just cannot book it on board? This is not some promotion that has to be booked at the same time as the cruise =new booking? It sounds like an attractive add on, especially the internet component.

Bonnie, just so I understand correctly, I can add one of these packages to my existing reservation through, say, my TA? i just cannot book it on board? This is not some promotion that has to be booked at the same time as the cruise =new booking? It sounds like an attractive add on, especially the internet component.

This is a new booking incentive. I've copied some text from the Terms & Conditions of this promotion, which you'll find on our website.

But you should check with your Travel Agent. Sometimes existing bookings can be reissued with the latest promotion applying. There are many variables that need to be considered, whether the voyage you've booked is on the promotion, the prevailing price of the voyage, the pre existing promotions you already have and want to protect, etc. Your TA will be able to tell you if you're better off with what you already have.

"Bookings must be created between January 1, 2016 and February 29, 2016. Please ensure promotion LIKEFREE is listed in the reservation at time of booking. Offer applies to select sailings; visit AzamaraClubCruises.com/MoretoLove for full listing of applicable sailings. Offer is applicable to new individual bookings..."

This is a new booking incentive. I've copied some text from the Terms & Conditions of this promotion, which you'll find on our website.

But you should check with your Travel Agent. Sometimes existing bookings can be reissued with the latest promotion applying. There are many variables that need to be considered, whether the voyage you've booked is on the promotion, the prevailing price of the voyage, the pre existing promotions you already have and want to protect, etc. Your TA will be able to tell you if you're better off with what you already have.

"Bookings must be created between January 1, 2016 and February 29, 2016. Please ensure promotion LIKEFREE is listed in the reservation at time of booking. Offer applies to select sailings; visit AzamaraClubCruises.com/MoretoLove for full listing of applicable sailings. Offer is applicable to new individual bookings..."

Thanks for getting back so quickly. I'll have the TA check, it certainly is attractive

Thanks for getting back so quickly. I'll have the TA check, it certainly is attractive

Hold on for another day while I get a second opinion. I'm reading that on the UK site the packages are listed as a separate add-on! I've asked again for clarification. Sorry for this.

Hold on for another day while I get a second opinion. I'm reading that on the UK site the packages are listed as a separate add-on! I've asked again for clarification. Sorry for this.

Yes, that's very clear on the US web site. Purchase "Like" for $700, etc.

Yes, that's very clear on the US web site. Purchase "Like" for $700, etc.

And that's what's causing the price confusion too...there's one set of prices for the special sales promotion and another for the add-on package showing on the websites.

I do apologize to all my fellow CCr's who trust me to have up-to-date information. In this case I'm almost as confused since I had understood this to be simply a sales promotion with the possibility it could become an add-on package if well received. Obviously my memo on the success of this promotion got lost in the drydock excitement. I plan to be fully up to speed on this next week. In the meantime, forgive me for the delay.

And that's what's causing the price confusion too...there's one set of prices for the special sales promotion and another for the add-on package showing on the websites.

I do apologize to all my fellow CCr's who trust me to have up-to-date information. In this case I'm almost as confused since I had understood this to be simply a sales promotion with the possibility it could become an add-on package if well received. Obviously my memo on the success of this promotion got lost in the drydock excitement. I plan to be fully up to speed on this next week. In the meantime, forgive me for the delay.

Thank you for checking. I'll stay tuned, perhaps we'll still be able to add it to our 7 Feb cruise. If we are not able to book this, the 24hr internet package is $69/day, correct? Any discounts for status on the 24hr package?

Thank you for checking. I'll stay tuned, perhaps we'll still be able to add it to our 7 Feb cruise. If we are not able to book this, the 24hr internet package is $69/day, correct? Any discounts for status on the 24hr package?

There was certainly no discount for status on Quest in December/January unlike how Celebrity handle the package. We fed back onboard how unfair this was as you effectively lost your benefit. I think this is an area Celebrity handles far better by giving scaled discounts depending on your loyalty level for giving up your free minutes

Edited by uktog

There was certainly no discount for status on Quest in December/January unlike how Celebrity handle the package. We fed back onboard how unfair this was as you effectively lost your benefit. I think this is an area Celebrity handles far better by giving scaled discounts depending on your loyalty level for giving up your free minutes

Too bad, I like how Celebrity handles that (and if I remember correctly we also got a discount on RCCL on the 24hr cruise-length package last time). Internet is essential to stay in touch with kids and elderly parents, especially when traveling in a different time zone but pricy, so every discount helps.