Dave’s Live From Oosterdam 21-day Southern Caribbean, Jan. 29 – Feb. 19, 2016

RetiredMustang

Welcome home Dave.

I just have one quick question . I noticed in the On Location from yesterday it mentioned a crew farewell show. Are we back to singing " Love In Any Language" ? Thanks Kathy

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We enjoyed the farewell show which consisted of a humorous power point presentation by Hamish of the 10 silliest questions passengers ask and a charming video (set to pop music) of the staff that was made last year on an Alaskan cruise. This was followed by many staff members taking to the stage for a well-earned round of applause and a standing ovation.

Thanks to Dave for sharing his memories. Our experiences were often different but the cruise was fabulous too.

We enjoyed the farewell show which consisted of a humorous power point presentation by Hamish of the 10 silliest questions passengers ask and a charming video (set to pop music) of the staff that was made last year on an Alaskan cruise. This was followed by many staff members taking to the stage for a well-earned round of applause and a standing ovation.

Thanks to Dave for sharing his memories. Our experiences were often different but the cruise was fabulous too.

Thank You

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hi Dave. Congrats on your retirement. It has been three years since I retired and I'm loving it - especially not having to go to work in the winter.

What type of scanner did you use? I wish I had had one on my previous cruises and would like to get one for my cruise in a couple of months.

Thanks for the great photos, narration and in bringing back a lot of memories for me.

Hi Dave. Congrats on your retirement. It has been three years since I retired and I'm loving it - especially not having to go to work in the winter.

What type of scanner did you use? I wish I had had one on my previous cruises and would like to get one for my cruise in a couple of months.

Thanks for the great photos, narration and in bringing back a lot of memories for me.

The scanner is a VuPoint Magic InstaScan, model PDS-ST420-VP-BX2. It can save files as PDF or JPG files, and can do color, obviously. You can connect to a computer with a USB, or save to a micro SHDC card. I bought a micro-to-standard SHDC card adapter as well. That allowed me to scan away from the netbook and transfer files later.

Here is a photo of my machine. The left gray guide adjusts so you can scan narrower than letter-sized papers.

scanner_zps9soxr1an.jpg

Dave

I'm thinking of getting one of these. Is it possible to put in an sd card and save its contents to the micro card to avoid taking a laptop? Or does let you load pictures and then send them to a cloud?

There is only a slot for a micro SD card on the machine. But, the micro card holds a lot of files. I scanned at lowest resolution (and still had to reduce file size to post to the blog), and had plenty of storage space. So, you could certainly scan and save the files for use later. But, the machine has no way to connect to the cloud by itself. Eventually you would have to connect to a computer via USB cord, or plug the micro-card into a reader (I used the adapter SD since my netbook does not have a micro card slot) to transfer the saved files.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...