Reflection's "Ant Room"

luvbluseas

I started a thread recently asking S-class fans to "sell" me on their ships:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2380675

Oddly enough, most of the responses I've gotten so far have been more oriented to dissing other lines than giving me specific reasons to sail on a Solstice-class ship.

The photos I have seen above have increased my interest in S-class, as I have heard that these ships have great art -- very intriguing. I don't want to hijack this thread, but if any of you enthusiasts would like to flip over to my thread and give me your reasons for loving S-class, I would love to have your opinions.

I am cutting and pasting the question I asked on the original thread, just for your information. Would love your feedback, preferably over there http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2380675

TIA

<<<<<On these boards I have read some pretty enthusiastic general comments about the S-class ships, but not always specifics. Our first cruise was on Celebrity M-class (Infinity.) We enjoyed our cruise, but since we were newbies, we had nothing to compare it to. We've only sailed 3 times since, and each cruise was on a different line: HAL, Carnival, Princess. Our best experience was on HAL, but we also enjoyed aspects of Princess. I am considering Celebrity again, for an anniversary cruise, and am curious about the S-class.

I would like to hear from cruisers who have sailed on HAL and/or Princess as well as any of the S-class Celebrity ships. Can you elaborate on specific differences you found between/among them?

This is what we value when cruising:

-- a balcony cabin with a loveseat or sofa

-- excellent, friendly service

-- a quiet, sophisticated vibe on board, with few children

-- dance lessons and opportunities for dancing (not nightclub-style)

-- reasonable drink prices and/or lots of beverage "specials" (such as two-for-one)

-- lots of exposure to the sea while onboard: large windows, lounges with good views (such as bow lounge), etc.

-- very good to excellent food in the MDR; we don't prefer specialty dining

-- free room service with a full menu (esp. for breakfast)

-- live music (classical, folk, jazz) in quiet venues (not only in the "centrum" or piano bar)

-- afternoon tea, preferably every day

-- fewer than 3000 pax onboard (which means I am less interested in Reflection, obviously, except for aspects in which it may be similar to the other S-class ships)

-- adults-only pool, preferably heated

-- good entertainment, including clean comedy and musical acts authentic to the itinerary >>>>>

• 6 months later...
So, the OP actually really did mean to type "ant room," not "art room," or "ante room," and not every ship has ants in the room, but they all have an ante room with art in it?

Do I have that right??? :cool:

No, it is right "Ant Room" is what most call it, because of all of the ants on the floor. DH and I loved it from the first. I have since read, and learned, that "these rooms" are there as "3 dimensional art" a "room that is art". I see that and enjoy it immensely! I truly hope that they continue doing this on their new ships!

Ants on acid... uugghhhh.....that idea gives me the creeps! ;)

Then my guess is that you have never seen it in person. It is a beautiful room, the flowers the sound, the colors! The ants on the floor are only a part of the overall design and they do not move.

DH and I loved it from the first. I have since read, and learned, that "these rooms" are there as "3 dimensional art" a "room that is art". I see that and enjoy it immensely! I truly hope that they continue doing this on their new ships!

Like all "art" you need to have an appreciation for it and it will not be enjoyed by all, but I would request that you give it a chance.

i also really enjoy these rooms on the solstice class ships! Kudos to celebrity for using this space to create something beautiful and artistic in lieu of adding a few more tables to the ensemble lounge.

We all need a little more art and beauty in our lives ;-)

bravo!!!

I thought I had a photo, but I can't find it. It was a few years ago; I don't remember anything other than it was dark, underwater feel and there was a bell that rang. DH and I couldn't decide if the bell was timed or on a motion sensor. He went late at night when no one was around and the bell still rang.

Here is the Silhouette's version.

DSC_3294.JPG

OMG this is gorgeous. I hope the Summit has an area like this, but it is M class, so probably not? Now I want to explore other X ships, though we haven't even been on the first one yet LOL. We love Art. We even go to the Art auctions just to look and get our fill of pretty pictures :D.

Edited by galensgrl
missing word in sentence

I also really enjoy these rooms on the Solstice class ships! Kudos to Celebrity for using this space to create something beautiful and artistic in lieu of adding a few more tables to the Ensemble Lounge.

We all need a little more art and beauty in our lives ;-)

X does a great job with its art collection. If anyone is interested you can get an IPad from guest relations for a self guided art tour. Lots of fun if you don't have anywhere else to go!

Love the art rooms- I agree they could have just been blank or more bar seating. The picture outside of Blu on Reflection is an amazing piece of changing views and many miss it.

This thread just made my day! I am home sick & saw the original "ant room" post & knew exactly what it was about. I adore this room but had no idea anyone else called it this besides my husband & myself. A very fun S-class feature indeed.

If ants are bothersome to you, don't fear. You can look at the lovely artwork on the ceiling & miss them entirely. It is a very small room but makes a wonderful impact on artistically minded people.

On each of the Solstice ships there is a 3D Art Room that you walk through on your way to the Ensemble Lounge and Blu and the Specialty Restaurants. On the Solstice her "art room" has 'ants' on the floor and walls. If you have seen it you will never forget it. DH and I LOVE it and every time we sail on a 'new to us' Solstice Class ship we can't wait to see the "Ant Room". Always fun for us!:D

We always know we are going in the right direction when we see the ants. :)

ANT room was my least fav...Ref also least fav S class ship so it figures,,

These spaces are basically transitional hallways...like the area going from Ensemble Lounge to BLU, Silk Harvest/Qsine and Tuscan...