Mid cruise laundry bag offer - all cruises?

cruise_family

We are on the Epic next month and I am wondering the mid sail laundry bag offer is on. It's such great value at $27.99 and would help with the amount of clothing I have to take.

If so, what day of the cruise did the bags come into our cabin? I knew it was coming and gave mine in the day it appeared in the newsletter and got the stuff back the next day. Except for our socks which disappeared for a few days, LOL.

We are on the Epic next month and I am wondering the mid sail laundry bag offer is on. It's such great value at $27.99 and would help with the amount of clothing I have to take.

If so, what day of the cruise did the bags come into our cabin? I knew it was coming and gave mine in the day it appeared in the newsletter and got the stuff back the next day. Except for our socks which disappeared for a few days, LOL.

Well, if you thought it was a great value at $27.99, you'll like the new price even better ... although I will say it could have gone back up but... it was only $19.99 when we cruised this past September.

As far as when it's mid week and they don't do all the laundry on the same day so could be Wed. Thurs. but yes, back very quickly nicely pressed and folded with some hung on hangars.

Enjoy

Well, if you thought it was a great value at $27.99, you'll like the new price even better ... although I will say it could have gone back up but... it was only $19.99 when we cruised this past September.

As far as when it's mid week and they don't do all the laundry on the same day so could be Wed. Thurs. but yes, back very quickly nicely pressed and folded with some hung on hangars.

Enjoy

Yippeeeeeee!! Fantastic, that is really helpful. Thank you.

Is it wrong to be excited about cheap laundry?? We got so much done last time as we had spent 3 days in Miami before we sailed so we chucked all of that in too. I got loads in 2 laundry bags. The trick is to fold it up and not chuck it in, LOL.

Is it wrong to be excited about cheap laundry?? We got so much done last time as we had spent 3 days in Miami before we sailed so we chucked all of that in too. I got loads in 2 laundry bags. The trick is to fold it up and not chuck it in, LOL.

Hahaha, no not wrong at all, it's so much better than having to do your own laundry while on vacation. We were on a 25 day cruise (b2b) + 3 days pre in London and 3 days after in Florida... so I know what you mean.

Have a great cruise.

We put socks in the corners of the bags first, a rolled tshirt at bottom, then fill as much as possible with folded items, then squeeze briefs/panties into any spaces still left. We fit at least 5 days clothes in, sometimes as much as 7 depending on if long slacks or shorts. We fill it clear to the top, leaving the bag open.

We always get our clothes neatly folded in a cute little basket, when they're returned from the laundry.

This seems to be a thing in the past now, this month on Getaway we got two bags of laundry on separate days back in the same kind of (new) paper bags that they were sent.

• 5 weeks later...

Who brings duct tape on a cruise, lol???

Anyway, have to start packing for NCL Getaway cruise next week and came on to check if the midweek special was on. Glad to know I can likely expect it. I will bring a little bit of detergent to hand wash just in case, but that will suck.

In my experience you don't have to wait for mid cruise, you can ask your room Stewart for the flat rate bag at any point during the cruise and they will get one for you.

In my experience you don't have to wait for mid cruise, you can ask your room Stewart for the flat rate bag at any point during the cruise and they will get one for you.

Laundry bags should always be available in your cabin closet (so no need to ask for one), but the steward does not handle the pricing, charges are made down in the laundry and the steward can't control how your items are billed if there is no special going on.

Edited by Demonyte

My understanding is that they wash it all together, in very very HOT water.

And that has always been my concern.

You would have to be very selective as to what you put in the bag.

We got off the Gem on Wednesday and used the service. Our offer was one bag for $19.99. Our laundry was returned wrapped in tissue in a wicker basket, all pressed and folded. We had all colours and nothing was dyed, misshapen or damaged. We had the offer twice on our 10 day cruise. Would highly recommend it.

We got off the Jewel on Sunday 2/28. It was a 14 night cruise and starting the 3rd night we had the "laundry special" paper in our cabin every night. It was $19.99. We were in a SC Suite (not haven) and the bag in our closet was a nylon bag and fit one weeks worth of clothes. It was a LOT of clothes. Something like 17 pairs of underwear, 18 tshirts, 8 pairs of shorts, two jeans, socks, pajamas). I couldn't believe how much that bag held. We did see the paper bags in the hallway full and they were about half the size of our bag.

We got off the Jewel on Sunday 2/28. It was a 14 night cruise and starting the 3rd night we had the "laundry special" paper in our cabin every night. It was $19.99. We were in a SC Suite (not haven) and the bag in our closet was a nylon bag and fit one weeks worth of clothes. It was a LOT of clothes. Something like 17 pairs of underwear, 18 tshirts, 8 pairs of shorts, two jeans, socks, pajamas). I couldn't believe how much that bag held. We did see the paper bags in the hallway full and they were about half the size of our bag.

Do you mean that you got a larger nylon bag because you are in a suite, and everyone else in balcony or lower gets a paper bag ?

I'm not sure why we had the big nylon bag. At first I thought that they changed it for everyone but then I saw a neighbors bag being picked up and it was the old style paper bag. The nylon bag had a drawstring on top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk