Escape - Live 1/30

TheDougOut

Nope. At least not if you approach the slide and you're 6'4" and 240lbs.

My sister got "stuck" on the breakaway slide. They say that if you're close to the weight requirement (100lbs,), that the board will ensure low resistance / less chance of getting stuck. Not sure at this point if this remains true on Escape.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

How did they get her un-stuck?

Yikes... did I fail to post those?? Please confirm, and if I didn't, I'll add when I get back on the ship.

Not on the thread. Posting later would be great! And thanks.

And here's the MDR $19.99 a la carte "Steamed Whole Cold Lobster"

f72dc2be96995bc40cb7c33263e12251.jpg

Served with a trio of sides...

50ae29ec374792c5caf41c2d79f3f113.jpg

My opinion? Beautifully served with nice sides. But honestly, it seemed more like a tail's worth of meat. I likely wouldn't order again, and would prefer seeing a better bang-for-the-buck option (king crab? maybe.).

These look like the sides served in Cagney's. Are these listed on the MDR menus or do you only get them if you order a la carte items?

They're nowhere to be seen on the MDR menu, including within the description of the lobster entree. I wasn't expecting them - and must admit it was slightly odd to be served plated asparagus along with a side of green beans.

5d6c3b056c175ecbfc5a6153eb31436b.jpg

The current state of wifi is seriously attempting to kill tonight's late night tour. I took the hallway photo on the way down home, where I bought and photographed a craft cocktail.

I'm now sitting out on the waterfront, after MANY failed image upload attempts. A nice gentle rain is coming down. I love a rainy night.

Wifi - seriously, get your act together or I'm calling it a night.

0ffa639a0ca14a513664aebbdfdfc621.jpg

Nighttime rain on the Waterfront.

That's it - I'm calling it. Tonight's early turn-in is sponsored by NCL's Wifi Infrastructure.

End of Day #4, with many new experiences left to explore.

Sincerely, thanks to everyone that's participated in this thread - It's been a lot of fun.

Two things I really appreciated about this ship more than any other I had been on.

1) The beds are super comfy... I had some of the best sleeps of my life on that bed

2) The best water pressure in the shower of any ship I've experienced

For you that are currently on it.. and any one going on it. The one thing that I discovered about 3 days in... if you push down the button and rev the handle forward (like a motorcycle)... it increases the water pressure like crazy!

Not sure if this was common knowledge or not.. but the rest of my family had no idea.

Just a little nice feature :D

Seriously the best review I've ever read! I have been exploring going on the Escape and have been reading everything I can on different experiences. We didn't like the Epic, too many very small spaces and not very freestyle in my opinion. We decided after the Epic that the mega ships probably weren't for us. Your review has convinced me the Escape will be our 2017 cruise ship.

Thanks for the info on the Brewhouse, glad it's included in the UBP. Your selfie/flash in the elevator story was the best!

Been lurking on this review from arrival day. Doug, your style is completely engaging. Feel like I'm onboard with you. Eating up all the details. We sail the Escape b2b in May for my 18 yro's graduation. Getting so psyched.

Definitely will be sharing the beer selection list with my aaaaalmost 20 yro son. He'll be in heaven! Err..umm..pure speculation since he's not -really- supposed to know anything about beer yet....:cool:

Love the hull shots w/the Guy Harvey art. Man, my brother was so jacked about sailing this ship with us just for the dang hull art. He was a big fan. I suppose he'll be on the adventure in spirit. Just wish I could've seen his face for that first walk next to it on the St. Thomas pier. I'm sure it'll be another emotional moment for us all.

Can't wait to "see" ya again tomorrow. Drink one for me!

0d733ab22fa4d0375e2c99ab3f6a1945.jpg

The wifi is back, and so am I. 5 1/2 hours of sleep? I'm thinking that may be my record so far.

Today's forecast is Partly Sunny, 82f/28c

Drink of the day is Pisco Punch.

All you can eat seafood basket at O'Sheehans from 5:30pm to 9:30pm.

All aboard is at 2:30pm.

Good morning!

0da7fbbc05a808bde1985fdbd8843d3a.jpg

Thanks for the kind overnight comments!

Edited by TheDougOut