March Med cruise from Barcelona

ellieocb

Hello,

I am looking for some advice on what to pack for our cruise as we have only sailed mid summer when sundresses and sandals were suitable.I know its impossible to predict the weather but would jeans and jackets or sundresses be more suitable for March ? Any advice would be great as we are flying in and 20kg wont go far when Im packing 😀

I'd go for layers so vests, tshirts, a jumper or two and a jacket. Jeans and capris are also good. I sailed on her over Xmas and new year and wore sundresses in the canaries and jeans and sweaters over in Italy so it depends where you're sailing.

We did a cruise on Jade out of Barcelona to Morocco, Canary Islands, Malaga and Madeira in March. It was chilly at night and early morning, but nice during mid-day.

Sometimes we would go out wearing jackets and by Noon, we would be hot and be carrying our jackets. Layers are good.

We did a cruise on Jade out of Barcelona to Morocco, Canary Islands, Malaga and Madeira in March. It was chilly at night and early morning, but nice during mid-day.

Sometimes we would go out wearing jackets and by Noon, we would be hot and be carrying our jackets. Layers are good.

Thank you! I'm sailing on the Epic in March and have begun thinking about this, too. I leave in just over a month so my mind is wandering to packing. Sounds like layering will be the way to go. I've never been to this area before so very excited. :D

Thank you! I'm sailing on the Epic in March and have begun thinking about this, too. I leave in just over a month so my mind is wandering to packing. Sounds like layering will be the way to go. I've never been to this area before so very excited. :D

We did an Epic cruise out of Barcelona a year later than the one on the Jade.

We liked the Jade better. The Epic is too big and crowded, but there is lots to do on the ship.

Lots of great ports and history to see. Be sure and spend a couple of days in Barcelona before or after the cruise.

Here are my reviews of both cruises.

W. Med *NCL Epic

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=103808

Spain, Canary Islands and Morocco

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=80907

Weather last March in Barcelona was 59 - 68 degrees, which to me is perfect for a lot of walking and site seeing. Rome was pretty close to the same range.

A lightweight jacket, a 3/4 sleeve top, long pants, and shoes and socks are good for me. Take an small umbrella, too. If your hands tend to get cold, then a lightweight pair of gloves, too.

My body's temperature gauge is my feet. If they are too hot, so is all of me. If they are warm, then I can go with lightweight clothing.

I have a black microfiber jacket with long sleeves that roll up and snap. It's what I wore in the UK and Paris all last April/May, because you were having a cool Spring.

Also, while in Barcelona, WATCH OUT for PICKPOCKETS. Men should have a money belt, women don't take jewelry and carry a pack safe purse. Also, secure most of your valuables in your hotel or ship's cabin safe.

Carry a photocopy of your passport instead of the real thing. If you insist on carrying the passport put it in a money belt.

We did an Epic cruise out of Barcelona a year later than the one on the Jade.

We liked the Jade better. The Epic is too big and crowded, but there is lots to do on the ship.

Lots of great ports and history to see. Be sure and spend a couple of days in Barcelona before or after the cruise.

Here are my reviews of both cruises.

W. Med *NCL Epic

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=103808

Spain, Canary Islands and Morocco

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=80907

Thanks for the links--I'll check out your reviews! The only other NCL ship I've sailed so far is the Jade--did the Adriatic in the fall of 2014 and I loved that ship! I'm a little concerned about the size of the Epic, but I've adjusted my expectations and I'm sure I'll have a great time. I've been wanting to try one of the mega-ships to see if I'll like. I suspect I'll be going back to the smaller ships, but maybe I'll be surprised. :o

I'm flying in four days early and spending one day-post cruise. I'm really looking forward to exploring Barcelona! I have a tapas tour booked and already have my tickets to La Sagrada Familia and Parc Guell. I leave one month from tomorrow!

Hello,

I am looking for some advice on what to pack for our cruise as we have only sailed mid summer when sundresses and sandals were suitable.I know its impossible to predict the weather but would jeans and jackets or sundresses be more suitable for March ? Any advice would be great as we are flying in and 20kg wont go far when Im packing

You will most probably need both....imagine what Ireland, or Scotland, is like in May and that will be Barcelona in March!

I live in the Med. I have to say that spring weather can be mixed. It is a bit like an English summer. Layers really is the only way to go. Make. Sure that you have got clothes for all seasons. At 20 kg it is a challenge and what will happen is that you will have fewer different outfits in your photos!

Like the OP I have only ever done summer Med cruise sand I have now booked to coincide with my April birthday, I am looking forward to it being a different experience, the lucky thing for me is that I am getting to Barcelona by train so I will not be fretting over the excess baggage fees. I am so excited to be cruising after having a couple of years break.