Take any receipts with you on the SUN

Merriem

I'm confused why the OP keeps logging on to cruise critic to complain but isn't just going to their bank website and grabbing a screen shot for the water? We leave in two weeks and I have a printout of all of our amenities, purchased tours and specialty dining reservations, I believe it's two sheets of paper......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP said... "the butler checked with the concierge, and was told to ask for my receipt" (see below)

Entirely missing in between, are the activities the concierge undertook BEFORE asking the butler to see if there was a receipt.

In my experience (not extensive, but I'm not a noob either), the concierge would have first checked the attached amenities, then possibly checked with Guest Services (by phone), then possibly checked with Miami. Failing to obtain confirmation of the water purchase, she THEN would have said to the butler...I can't find it....does she have a receipt?

When the OP later confronted the Concierge (you rude, stupid, belligerent person, how dare you not believe me, No, I don't have a receipt. Just give me my water anyway!), to which the concierge responded I'm sorry, but it's not within my authority to dispense items without proof of purchase.

And that to me sounds entirely reasonable.

You get what you give.

*IF* that is what happened I am in agreement with you fully.

That is also why I have said I will be the one to "walk the plank" if wrong.

But I am reading OP's words at face value and not assuming things happened that aren't detailed, even though I will admit, that as assumptions go they are relatively safe.

But I doubt that's what OP will say.
I doubt it, too, because the OP is in no frame of mind to provide any information that favors the concierge. In her first message she complained about the attitude that NCL can do no wrong. Unfortunately, this rings true to me, and I think most of us have encountered the same assumption from NCL staff. But I also detect the same attitude from the OP, that she herself can do no wrong, so I am not surprised that their discussion turned nasty. Nasty enough for the OP to take time out of their vacation to come identify the concierge by name and call her a "very stupid woman" who deserves to lose her job and who will not be receiving a tip from the OP no matter what other services she is called upon to provide during the rest of the cruise. The OP's goal is to make the concierge look bad, but this thread really mostly reflects poorly on the OP herself.

The only redeeming aspect is that someone might see this thread and learn the importance of bringing documentation for all purchases on board with them. Cruising 101.

*IF* that is what happened I am in agreement with you fully.

That is also why I have said I will be the one to "walk the plank" if wrong.

But I am reading OP's words at face value and not assuming things happened that aren't detailed, even though I will admit, that as assumptions go they are relatively safe.

Time will tell.

The only redeeming aspect is that someone might see this thread and learn the importance of bringing documentation for all purchases on board with them. Cruising 101.

Agreed.

------------------------

As for the comments that it's not the customers' responsibility to prove they made a purchase, try getting past security without cruise documents.

It's not the line's responsibility to verify your entitlement. It's yours.

SMH at this thread.

If OP comes back and says the concierge first looked in their computer and contacted Miami and couldn't find anything, and then asked for a receipt, I will walk the plank.

Sorry she told the butler she wanted my receipt. That was the first and only request. You are wrong.

I'm confused why the OP keeps logging on to cruise critic to complain but isn't just going to their bank website and grabbing a screen shot for the water? We leave in two weeks and I have a printout of all of our amenities, purchased tours and specialty dining reservations, I believe it's two sheets of paper......

FYI I DONT USE MY BANK ACCOUNT TO PAY FOR THINKS. I used a cc...I have quite a few.

I also don't bring all my cc with me when I travel.

I guess when someone has paid NCL $24,000 in 6 months, and adds a $27 water package, there shouldn't be a question. Some of you get my point. Thank you.

As someone who has been on the other side of a situation like this, the OP needs to have some sort of verification of their position or purchase.

In my former life I worked in Guest Services for a TV program. Inevitably someone would show up late for a taping without their tickets and absolutely no proof that they ever had any, and demand to be let into the show. Of course if we had room we would let them in, but if we were full (tickets are free) We would ask for ANY and I mean any name or where you got the tickets or an email confirmation or something on your phone or virtually anything to help me track down tickets. Nine times out of ten they had no response, but now that I could not accommodate them, I was RUDE and unhelpful. We would even offer these people guaranteed seats for another show (as long as they showed up on time) and sometimes they would take that offer reluctantly, but most times still demanded to be allowed in for that day's taping. What could we do? Throw someone out of a seat who followed the rules and showed up with a ticket? I was polite and NEVER yelled or took their profanity and abusive tone to heart. (although I thought things in my head)

Since the OP has carefully chosen not to answer the question of whether charges are shown on her bank credit card statement, we can assume there isn't a charge or that she is unable to access that information as she did not take her banking password with her. That is why she is saying she will take it up after the trip. As the concierge and butler rely on tips for their positions, I would bet that they have tried to rectify the situation and looked into it. Computers are not perfect and I would agree with others who have said the charge never went through as the OP says there was no confirmation email.

Just buy some water off the ship or on it and go on with the trip.

I guess when someone has paid NCL $24,000 in 6 months, and adds a $27 water package, there shouldn't be a question. Some of you get my point. Thank you.

I must have missed something. I apologize. Did you somehow not get the $24,000 worth of services you paid $24,000 for?

Why do you think you should get $24,027 worth of services for that $24,000?

You didn't pay for water (that anybody, including yourself, can prove.). So you shouldn't get water. End of story.

Sorry she told the butler she wanted my receipt. That was the first and only request. You are wrong.

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt. I've been on your side the whole thread and only taking what you say at face value and not assuming or guessing.

Did the concierge check your amenities or call guest services or contact Miami? or did the concierge refuse to do any of those things and insist on a receipt only?

I guess when someone has paid NCL $24,000 in 6 months, and adds a $27 water package, there shouldn't be a question. Some of you get my point.

You mean "when someone has paid [insert any irrelevant dollar amount here], and thinks they added a $27 water package, there shouldn't be a question". But of course there is a question: Did you add it or not? Edited by hawkeyetlse

FYI I DONT USE MY BANK ACCOUNT TO PAY FOR THINKS. I used a cc...I have quite a few.

Bank=credit card company to me. Why don't you stop posting on here and pull up the credit card company (bank) that you used for the purchase. They asked for a receipt, show them one.

If I buy an expensive car and pay for a rubber trunk mat and they forget to put it in the car, if I don't have a receipt they aren't handing over that car mat just because "I said".

If OP comes back and says the concierge first looked in their computer and contacted Miami and couldn't find anything, and then asked for a receipt, I will walk the plank.

That is the only thing you have stated I agree with.

OP will not come here and say that because she is convinced the concierge is rude and not doing her job by not giving in to her with no proof.

Any person with half a brain understands that the first thing that would have been done was to check the account and then when it doesn't show is why the proof was asked for.

She will never admit to anything that will basically steer this to what we all know what probably happened - the transaction never went through and the OP "thinks" she bought the water.

OP has posted 13 times on this topic and any one of those posts could have been to get a copy of the documents proving the purchase. OP seems to think it is not her job to provide proof and of course if it is not in the system it is in fact her job to prove it. Traveling 7000 miles has nothing to do with the issue. Nor does spending $24,000 on other cruises. The Concierge likely does not know how much OP is spending this year, nor how far she traveled.

Bottom line is OP has no idea of what the Concierge did to verify, nor who did or did not check all of the systems. OP has never indicated how she ordered the water, through her TA, online or by phone. In each case there should be a response. Without one, the order was never placed.

If OP put in half the effort she has in logging in here and instead dealt directly with the Concierge (not through the Butler) or the Hotel Director, this would be resolved. Many have posted of recent reports from others with contact with this Concierge about the fine job she does. Yet OP takes "shots" at her on here with derogatory remarks. Why not just pull up your receipt and show it? None of us know anything other than what the OP says. If the Concierge was rude, she should go directly to the Hotel Director with her case. Just because your in a mid level suite does not mean they should bend over backwards to give you free items because you say they should. They don't do it for Garden Villas, nor should they!

That is the only thing you have stated I agree with.

I did also say they should not be given water JUST on their say so. I understand right from wrong; I just don't have any evidence to prove the concierge was thorough and diligent.

Okay, now I get your point. You paid $24,000 and you are entitled to the water whether you can prove that you paid for it or not. I definitely think you should bring this to the attention of corporate when you return from your cruise, but for now, I'd let it go (having no more posts) and just enjoy your cruise.

But I'm still wondering if you had any direct person to person contact with the Concierge or did it only go through the Butler?

But you have unlimited internet so just look your credit card online and show the charge...if there even was a charge for $27...to the powers that be

I probably missed it op...but were you actually charged $27? If not....I mean really...just buy water on board

If you paid $24,000 does it really matter if the water costs $30 onboard versus $27 online?

And this is why I always book insides at rock bottom prices.....don't want a butler or concierge nor a balcony ....I already have a 1st floor beachfront 2 week timeshare that is gorgeous....

You won't hear me complaining when I paid $1800 total for an inside triple before dsc but after port and taxes for 10 days....

And btw...I did have a small issue with my $50 obc from my Ta...and viola I pull out my confirmation...was told it was good I brought it along...I laughed and said i eat sleep and breath cruise critic lol....fast forward I got my obc no issue at all

Fwiw....my cheapo cruises are incredible and when I tell the family I'm booking an inside....they say absolutely!!!!!!

At $24000 you probably are treating a number of family members...that's nice....but geez I know all about how that can play out.....

Not everyone is on the same page...there might be young kids involved....it's a big group and hard to coordinate.....yada yada.

And the host gets pissed at not being appreciated etc

Fun fun fun and this is why I throw out a date and say this is what I'm paying and this is what you are paying so if your interested let me know....

Btw my 20 and 21 yo paid $500 each for our recent 10 day gem in January....I covered everything else and the trip cost exactly $2800 for everything...including the purchase of 2 cruise next...tips...excursions...drinks....

And this is why I always book insides at rock bottom prices.....don't want a butler or concierge nor a balcony ....I already have a 1st floor beachfront 2 week timeshare that is gorgeous....

You won't hear me complaining when I paid $1800 total for an inside triple before dsc but after port and taxes for 10 days....

And btw...I did have a small issue with my $50 obc from my Ta...and viola I pull out my confirmation...was told it was good I brought it along...I laughed and said i eat sleep and breath cruise critic lol....fast forward I got my obc no issue at all

Fwiw....my cheapo cruises are incredible and when I tell the family I'm booking an inside....they say absolutely!!!!!!

At $24000 you probably are treating a number of family members...that's nice....but geez I know all about how that can play out.....

Not everyone is on the same page...there might be young kids involved....it's a big group and hard to coordinate.....yada yada.

And the host gets pissed at not being appreciated etc

Fun fun fun and this is why I throw out a date and say this is what I'm paying and this is what you are paying so if your interested let me know....

Btw my 20 and 21 yo paid $500 each for our recent 10 day gem in January....I covered everything else and the trip cost exactly $2800 for everything...including the purchase of 2 cruise next...tips...excursions...drinks....

The $24K is for 3 cruises in the last 6 months. You can easily pay $8K for a Haven cruise just for the first 2. She may have others onboard, but not necessarily.

The $24K is for 3 cruises in the last 6 months. You can easily pay $8K for a Haven cruise just for the first 2. She may have others onboard, but not necessarily.

Oh I missed the part about 3 cruises in 6 months. [emoji79]

Were all the cruises on Ncl? If so then she is or should be a valued cruiser to Ncl but we know that Ncl is actually trying to rid themselves of these cruisers and grab newbies who are none the wiser.

Fwiw....if I had any authority on the ship...butler...concierge...or whoever....really....just give her the water and be done with it....

They send those silly chocolate covered strawberries etc when pax have issues onboard as an I'm sorry

Ncl just give her the water!!!!!!

Oh I missed the part about 3 cruises in 6 months. [emoji79]

Were all the cruises on Ncl? If so then she is or should be a valued cruiser to Ncl but we know that Ncl is actually trying to rid themselves of these cruisers and grab newbies who are none the wiser.

Fwiw....if I had any authority on the ship...butler...concierge...or whoever....really....just give her the water and be done with it....

They send those silly chocolate covered strawberries etc when pax have issues onboard as an I'm sorry

Ncl just give her the water!!!!!!

Why should they just give her the water? Does that mean anytime someone says they didn't receive something they paid for then NCL should just give it? Doesn't make sense. All the OP needs to do is pull up their credit card charge and show it and NCL will gladly give the water. Would only take a couple minutes to log in and get a screen shot.

Why should they just give her the water? Does that mean anytime someone says they didn't receive something they paid for then NCL should just give it? Doesn't make sense. All the OP needs to do is pull up their credit card charge and show it and NCL will gladly give the water. Would only take a couple minutes to log in and get a screen shot.

She said she doesn't bring all of her credit cards with her. If you don't have the number, you can't very easily look it up for 7K miles away.

I can access all of my information on my iPad, and likely you also can, but not everyone is set up that way.

She may also just be making excuses

Edited by SuiteCruiser

That's not how I see it.

I see it as the customer is upset and does not have HER own proof of purchase.

We both agree this would have been avoided by bringing the proof on board the ship. However, literally, that ship has sailed.

I further see it as the customer is upset that the concierge is refusing to verify the order through NCL's computer system until the OP can present some further proof, when the reality is is that is a needless roadblock towards doing their job.

OP has NOT said the concierge checked and found nothing. the OP has said the concierge has done "nothing". This was in the original post.

Others have chimed in with guesses based on misreading the OP, but you have not corrected them. How odd...

The bottom line is the concierge should have said "I will look into this for you". IF at that point in time no record could be found, the concierge should have communicated this to OP and asked if they had any receipt with them. That would have been far better than concierge being standoffish and refusing to help. Wouldn't YOU prefer a helpful concierge to one who "refuses" to help?

Don't you think the concierge has printouts of all suite cabin's amenities already? I do.

Many people on here have made assumptions. On both the OP and Karin. I have never met the OP but I can place myself in his/her shoes. As a suite guest I would have had proof. Over and done at that point. On the other hand I have met Karin. She was our concierge on our 14 night SA cruise. She was neither stupid or lazy. She is busy though. And perhaps to some her straight-forward German tone might be misinterpreted. Even if Karin was not able to go online at that minute I would expect she did double-check. She was awesome with assisting us online as to some needs ashore.

What a tough job. Another favorite concierge has told me some stories that would curl your ears.

We have all had things go wrong and I am sure the OP was frustrated. I am sure Karin was too.

Interested to hear the OP come back and state which it was. Did she find "proof of payment" or "proof the charge was not processed". It had to be one or the other.

Edited by DMH15

Of course it's a simple matter and no they shouldn't just give her water ordinarily....but if she is making a stink over it just to shut her up I would give it to her because face it...she has taken $24000 worth of cruises in 6 months and really for $27?

And no this shouldn't be done for every cruiser but the ship has been known to compensate pax for relatively minor issues before...

This is minor

This is a return pax who spends money on Ncl

This could easily be an Ncl IT issue

This could easily be a pax computer illiteracy issue

Bottom line...$27. Give her an obc ftlog lol

Non issue all around....

Edited by luvtheships