Anthem Sailing 13 Day Out--Need Help!

defeser

Soooo excited! 13 days until my Anthem sailing! I have some questions I'm hoping ex-Anthem sailors can answer:

1. I was never able to reserve IFly on Cruise Planner. Did anyone make reservations once on board?

2. I have a reservation for North Star already via Cruise Planner. Will we be limited to doing North Star just once or can we do standby at other times as well?

3. Do reservation times open up at specialty restaurants during the cruise? I was able to make reservations at three of them already, but right now every day is booked solid on Cruise Planner.

4. Lastly, for those who have been on Anthem recently, have you experienced an improvement in the food quality? Seems like the reviews got off to a "mixed" start, but I have been reading more and more positive food reviews. Hoping for your input!

Thanks cruisers! I'm hoping to learn a lot from all of you! Happy sailing!

Soooo excited! 13 days until my Anthem sailing! I have some questions I'm hoping ex-Anthem sailors can answer:

1. I was never able to reserve IFly on Cruise Planner. Did anyone make reservations once on board?

2. I have a reservation for North Star already via Cruise Planner. Will we be limited to doing North Star just once or can we do standby at other times as well?

3. Do reservation times open up at specialty restaurants during the cruise? I was able to make reservations at three of them already, but right now every day is booked solid on Cruise Planner.

4. Lastly, for those who have been on Anthem recently, have you experienced an improvement in the food quality? Seems like the reviews got off to a "mixed" start, but I have been reading more and more positive food reviews. Hoping for your input!

1. IFly reservations can be made on board starting on embarkation day. If you have back issues, IFly is not recommended.

2. North Star does have stand by lines. Check in with attendant at entrance stairs by the pool bar.

3. I think so, not certain.

4. Subjective to each individuals taste.

I can answer 3 and 4. Only some reservations at specialty restaurants are released for pre-boarding booking. Others are held for guests to reserve once they are on board. Same goes for shore excursions.

4. While food is certainly subjective, as meadowlander pointed out, we had read such negative reviews on dining prior to our January 3 cruise, we were pleasantly surprised. Never had a bad meal, though it is not gourmet either. The beef and rolls seemed to be their forte. Please see my link to the dining review from the January 3 cruise:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2301049