Which Premium Alcohols are NOT included in the UBP?!?

Bbrachy07

Sorry I have January 2013
It has been a while since they have stopped going by that list to determine what is included and excluded in the UBP. Since last March there have been no excluded brands. There are brands that cost more than $15, but those are not "excluded" because you still don't pay full price for them.

But according to the terms and conditions, they still have the option of completely excluding whichever Super Premium brands they feel like excluding. Like I said, they have not been doing this, but they could start doing it again at any time, without any notice.

Super Premium liquor is included.

On that menu, only the Ultra Premium listings are not free with the UDP.

Many of the Ultra Premium brands listed there were free for us, too, on the Epic. The price for a shot of Glenmorangie or Macallan was $10.95 in November (the Macallan Oak came up as $12.95 at one bar for some reason). so those were fully included for no extra charge.

Rémy Martin XO was $16.95, so the $15 credit was applied.

I consider all of these drinks currently to be "included" in the UBP, whether fully or only up to $15. As opposed to bottled water, energy drinks, espresso, etc. which are completely "excluded", no matter how low the price. My fear is that they will move some brands of alcohol into this "excluded" category, so that we will have to pay the full price with no credit/discount at all.

Many of the Ultra Premium brands listed there were free for us, too, on the Epic. The price for a shot of Glenmorangie or Macallan was $10.95 in November (the Macallan Oak came up as $12.95 at one bar for some reason). so those were fully included for no extra charge.

Rémy Martin XO was $16.95, so the $15 credit was applied.

I consider all of these drinks currently to be "included" in the UBP, whether fully or only up to $15. As opposed to bottled water, energy drinks, espresso, etc. which are completely "excluded", no matter how low the price. My fear is that they will move some brands of alcohol into this "excluded" category, so that we will have to pay the full price with no credit/discount at all.

Good to know. I had assumed that "If you have to ask, you can't afford it" haha.

Super Premium is definitely included. My husband had shots of Remy Centaur (100 year old) for an extra $6. He was very happy. This picture is from the Waves Pool Bar on Breakaway last month.

20160114_120707_zpslwomzhja.jpg

Edited by ncklhaus

It's two separate things. The bar set-up is for advance orders of bottles to be delivered to your stateroom. People have mentioned it recently, so I think it is still available, but I have not seen a recent list of brands and prices.

Once you are on board, you can buy liquor by the bottle at most bars, too, at the prices shown on the menu.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for these posts. I think I've come across a reference to ordering a cocktail and specifying the premium liquor you'd want used. (Like ordering an "Absolute Sea Breeze" to upgrade from the house Vodka. I'm all for that but also wonder if I should be 'careful' not to order a "super/ultra" premium. Not because the cost might exceed $15.........

I mostly drink wine and no snob about it but I'd probably roll my eyes if friend decides to mix wine with anything else or when my husband puts ice in a beer. :rolleyes:

If I want to try some liquor drinks while on UBP, including super premium where possible, I probably should get them straight, right? If ordered by the shot, do you really sip it instead? Or are there simple drink combos that are nice and worth it to have them use super premium?

I'm out of my element away from wine and know I need to be careful not to drink too much but if you have any ideas for me to try, b/c I really won't be likely to experiment any other time! Suggestions? Maybe that hardly go over the $15 since I'm not sure I actually appreciate hard liquor, mostly curious. :)

There are absolutely cocktails that will mask the taste more than others. My general rule is that the more sugar it had the less j will taste the quality of the liquor but there are exceptions to the rule and each person had different taste buds and nose so YMMV.

Don't dumb down your mixed drink for no reason, though. The UBP is a great opportunity to learn what you like. Make the bartender your ally in the mission and tip accordingly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 years later...