Ship pins

camper49

Does anyone really keep the pins? I think most people would rather have lobster in the MDR on shorter cruises and twice a day visits from their room stewards instead of a silly pin.

I like the pin.

I don't eat lobster.

Twice a day visits from cabin stewards is still available on every ship.

Does anyone really keep the pins? I think most people would rather have lobster in the MDR on shorter cruises and twice a day visits from their room stewards instead of a silly pin.

hi mattcj

Yes people do keep these pins. Some people actually sell them on ebay as well as other cruising souvenirs.

If you aren't able to take a longer cruise you can usually have lobster in the MDR for a fee and we still do get room steward service twice a day for room cleaning. You can also call 24 hrs. a day if something needs more immediate attention.

have a great cruise

Yes, I keep the silly pins.:) (They are likely to be the only inheritance my kids get.)

Edited by sparks1093

hi mattcj

Yes people do keep these pins. Some people actually sell them on ebay as well as other cruising souvenirs.

If you aren't able to take a longer cruise you can usually have lobster in the MDR for a fee and we still do get room steward service twice a day for room cleaning. You can also call 24 hrs. a day if something needs more immediate attention.

have a great cruise

I'm curious as to how many others actually keep their pins; I didn't realize that they were that sought after. We always give our steward the pin back on the first day because it will just collect dust otherwise.

The lobster is something I won't eat unless we're dining in the steakhouse and although I realize I can still get the room serviced twice a day, I would be very surprised if this trial with the service menu isn't fleetwide by the next year. But that's a thought for another thread...

I love my pins, have all of them on my cruising ball cap. I dont care for the lobster and don't miss it. I still get 2 times a day service on my carnival cruises.

Does CCL give free pins to returning cruisers? The Pride was our first sailing so I bought one in the gift shop.

Our first cruise was on the Pride and all guest got pins w/ ships name on it, somewhere along the line you had to be Platinum/Diamond and got pins w/ ships name. Then they started giving pins that say VIFP Club. Don't know if there're phasing out the pins.

I have one from every cruise on our "Cruise Bear". It's our way of remembering the cruise.