Fort lauderdale disembarkation

LabGuy64

Hi,

For our TA we will be arriving at 0500 when would the disembarkation start? We are going to be in a Penthouse suite so I assume we should be able to be among the first off.

It depends on where your ship cruised last a bit. Also how many ships are in port that day. A normal 5:00am arrival would have you walking off by 6:00am, but lots of variables as you said you are coming to FLL on a TA - guessing this coming fall - so when does Customs get set up and do you have a GOES frequent traveler card? With the card you show it is a bypass line and walk on. Otherwise you need to wait in line. There are always many in line very early. you can cut the line but it doesn't save much unless you either pay the $20 to have your bags go directly to the airport and walk off.

Again a 5:00am arrival is not a normal arrival time.

Hi,

For our TA we will be arriving at 0500 when would the disembarkation start? We are going to be in a Penthouse suite so I assume we should be able to be among the first off.

Although one cannot know for sure when you will be able to depart you will be able to go as soon as they start the departures based on our experience last November. It was around 7 AM for us as I recall. The suites and zeniths are able to depart whenever the ship is cleared and your luggage will be the first off the ship. (This is what we were told and experienced). The luggage was in the first spot as you entered the terminal. I am surprised that it was suggested by someone but in our case the Luggage Valet option was not offered. I did not think it was ever an available option on a TA. Even if it was an option it would be for departures after 12 noon. ((Again, based on our non TA experience with the Luggage Valet)

The bottom line is yes your assumption about being able to depart first is a good assumption and there should not be much of a line. The Global Entry should not really be necessary if you depart when first allowed.

As to when passengers are allowed to get off the ship, since this is a TA it all depends on when the crew finish going through immigration, which usually starts around 5am. Sometimes it takes a little longer than usual, so that might delay disembarkation