What is Puzzle Break?

DonnaK

It a room in seaplex area where your group of up to 15 have one hour to solve multiple puzzles to get the final escape key.

This is what I wrote in my post #44 in the link to thread.

I also couldn't ever find someone at the seaplex desk to sign up for the Puzzle (Escape) Room. I knew the times were 12:30 to 4pm or so, on the sea days so I just showed up when others on our roll call were doing this and got in with no problem as there were still 2 spots available. Also six who had signed up didn't show up so we were only 8 instead of the maximum 15. It was much harder with only 8 as we still had to solve the same number of puzzles, 15 or so, in one hour to get out. We did get the final exit key but the moderator did give us a couple minutes over the hour as we were on the final puzzle when that expired.

See

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2306812&page=3

Sound great!

What kind of puzzles were they? (Math puzzles, jigsaw puzzles, word puzzles?)

Word, number, picture, modified sudoku, map, calendar and shadow where a put together bar structure and light cast a clue on a screen. It was first necessary to find number clues to open 3 and 4 digit locks on quite a few strong boxes which had other puzzle to solve which gave the final clues on where to find the 4 digit combination of the final strong box that contained the exit key.

Real easy stuff, NOT, especially since we had only half the normal number of participates! :D

Edited by robtulipe

Word, number, picture, modified sudoku, map, calendar and shadow where a put together bar structure and light cast a clue on a screen. It was first necessary to find number clues to open 3 and 4 digit locks on quite a few strong boxes which had other puzzle to solve which gave the final clues on where to find the 4 digit combination of the final strong box that contained the exit key.

Real easy stuff, NOT, especially since we had only half the normal number of participates! :D

You shouldn't reveal so much! Like the Quest, it is best experienced for oneself.

(how long did it take you, Bob? ;) )

http://www.puzzlebreak.us/

You shouldn't reveal so much! Like the Quest, it is best experienced for oneself.

(how long did it take you, Bob? ;) )

http://www.puzzlebreak.us/

It took the 8 in our group about 62 minutes to get the final combination and to open the last strong box with the exit key. The moderator allowed us a couple extra minutes to finish as we were only 8 instead of the normal 15 group size and we were working on the final clue to open that last box when our hour was up. :D

It took the 8 in our group about 62 minutes to get the final combination and to open the last strong box with the exit key. The moderator allowed us a couple extra minutes to finish as we were only 8 instead of the normal 15 group size and we were working on the final clue to open that last box when our hour was up. :D

There were seven of us and we got "out" in 46 minutes! HA! ;)

Found the "official" video:

http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/video/617/escape-from-the-future-puzzle-break-challenges-royal-caribbean-guests/

There were seven of us and we got "out" in 46 minutes! HA! ;)

Found the "official" video:

http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/video/617/escape-from-the-future-puzzle-break-challenges-royal-caribbean-guests/

My guess and position is that my team members and roll call friends were not as smart as the ones on your team. That's the story ( read excuse ) that I'm sticking with. :p

Yes, there is a minimum age, but for the life of me, I can't remember it! :eek:

It was in double digits.....does that help?

I am thinking either 14 or 16.

Thank you. I have a 12 and 13 year old with us so looks like we might not be doing it.

Somebody said it was on sea days only, between 12:30 - 5:00. I assume this means the times are:

12:30, 2:00, 3:30, 5:00

Does that sound correct- were there 4 times?

We were talking about signing up on my roll call, and I figure it may be useful to plan. (Of course, Royal will probably change it for my sailing!!)

Thanks!

Somebody said it was on sea days only, between 12:30 - 5:00. I assume this means the times are:

12:30, 2:00, 3:30, 5:00

Does that sound correct- were there 4 times?

We were talking about signing up on my roll call, and I figure it may be useful to plan. (Of course, Royal will probably change it for my sailing!!)

Thanks!

I'm not sure but I believe there were only three sessions per sea day so the first three times seem to be correct as I do know that our session, which was the first, started at 12:30pm and there was a 1/2 hour period between each so the moderator was able to give our group the few extra minutes we needed to escape.

You do know what ass-u-me stands for. :p

Edited by robtulipe

Thank you. I have a 12 and 13 year old with us so looks like we might not be doing it.

My adult son and I did it last April, and thought it was excellent, great fun. There were about 10 of us if I remember correctly, including a girl who must have been about 12. Not only was she old enough, she enjoyed it, and contributed to the overall effort.

It's all about teamwork, and there are so many types of puzzle involved that anyone can spot or work out something that nobody else has seen yet. There may be a minimum age limit, but I'd say a reasonably sensible 12 year old is definitely old enough.

Just off Anthem today. We did Puzzle Break on the last sea day. Times were 12:30, 2:30, and 4:30. As some have said that it is difficult to get in, we went right away when we boarded to make reservations. But then twice, not enough people showed up. Glad we finally got to do it. I liked it. My husband hated it. Guess it's not for everyone.