Dockyard area

LHT28

Are there any shops or things to see at Kings wharf area on a Sunday ?

We are suppose to dock in Hamilton but was thinking of taking the ferry to the Dockyard if anything is open there

Thanks

Are there any shops or things to see at Kings wharf area on a Sunday ?

We are suppose to dock in Hamilton but was thinking of taking the ferry to the Dockyard if anything is open there

Thanks

Shops will be open. I recommend visiting the National Museum of Bermuda, formerly known as the Bermuda Maritime Museum.

Shops will be open. I recommend visiting the National Museum of Bermuda, formerly known as the Bermuda Maritime Museum.

Thanks

I was not sure if it was worth the ferry ride if nothing was open there ;)

The museum is nice we enjoyed it. Also restaurants and shops. Good for a few hours.

Dolphin Quest is on the Museum grounds. Been a few years since I have been to the museum but back then we were able to see the dolphins a few minutes even though we didn't book anything with Dolphin Quest. Don't know if that is still possible.

The museum was very nice but was pretty heavily damaged by weather in the fall I believe. Not sure of its current status. Be sure to check out the Bermuda Rum Cake factory at the dockyard too. :-)

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I just looked at the museum's website. The museum is open everyday but the "commissioners house", which was pretty nice to go through, is still closed for hurricane repairs. There are still a lot of grounds to walk around though. :-)

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

The rum cake/glass blowing factory gives a great tour (I seem to recall it lasted about an hour), but you can easily blow two or three hours just admiring all the glass works and pieces available for sale and watching the rum cakes being assembled (and sampling, of course).

I'm sorry to hear the Maritime Museum was damaged, my cohorts and I spent several hours there in 2009, and it was fascinating and beautiful, for both history lovers and art lovers. It's also in a very scenic location on the island (its cannon ports also "aim" back at the cruise port in the Naval Dockyard, so we had fun pretending to open fire on the invading Norwegian Dawn), good for just walking in good or bad weather. It rained on us as we were leaving, but some of the walkways were sheltered even when we got lost.