Is the $99 deposit promotion common?

canadaman111

I missed the recent $99 deposit promotion because I am still trying to convince my wife to book our first cruise. We have 4 kids so with a group of 6 it would have been nice to get this promotion. The regular $250 a person deposit is a lot to fork out at once...

I see $50 PP deposit sales sometimes.

I hope there's another one soon. I couldn't convince DH to book now. He says we have to take our upcoming cruise first. 😡

I agree with $250pp is a lot for me to dish out at once, especially if I'm booking a year or more out, now that there's a kid to pay for too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

I see $50 PP deposit sales sometimes.

I hope there's another one soon. I couldn't convince DH to book now. He says we have to take our upcoming cruise first. 😡

I agree with $250pp is a lot for me to dish out at once, especially if I'm booking a year or more out, now that there's a kid to pay for too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Agree totally. This is how I booked our cruises lately. Usually have 3 going at a time. This way I get the cabins I really like.

The only thing that I don't like about these promos is that the reduced deposit is usually non refundable, somewhat like the early saver deposit. For me, this is a deal breaker since normally I can't confirm vacation dates this far out.

What is so great about it, u eventually have to pay it all anyway.

Being able to reserve the cabin for $99 instead of $500 is great for us, it's the only reason we were able to book a cruise for 2017 (which we weren't even giving serious thought to). Yes, eventually it all has to be paid but that can be spread out over a longer time now. It works for some, it doesn't work for others.

Well you are really going to be mad as this sale was really a $49.50 pp sale written as $99 based on double occupancy (or something like that) as when you booked for 3 people in a cabin it comes out to $148.50 for total deposit.

Always do a mock booking during a sale or do a courtesy hold during sale and you can see the bottom line of what would be owed for the deposit (and you can take the additional time to think about it as it holds the sale price until the hold expires even if the sale expires).

They seem to run the $50 pp sale a couple times of year at least but you never know I guess so just keep checking.

Edited by Drazil65

Just in case you haven't thought of it, there is a past guest rate for certain people that is a 50% deposit + $25 per person OBC. I think it is going until February 15.

Just make sure you are putting your past guest number in when you look online, or make sure you tell your travel agent, pvp, or random Carnival reservations agent to add your past guest number when they are looking up prices for you.

It isn't available for everyone, but there is a chance you will randomly have that promotion on your account

Edited by It's a Ship!!!