Sky suite benefits

englishgal

We were in a Sky suite on Eclipse in October 2015 and really enjoyed it, therefore booked the same cabin for October 2016 and October 2017. I have now read that Sky suites no longer get the two free special restaurants benefit. Does anyone know if this is correct?

Since we booked before the new suite benefits (which includes Luminaire) we still get our specialty restaurant. But if you booked after the benefits took effect, you won't get the specialty dinners. I'm not sure how far out they are going to grandfather this benefit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We were in a Sky suite on Eclipse in October 2015 and really enjoyed it, therefore booked the same cabin for October 2016 and October 2017. I have now read that Sky suites no longer get the two free special restaurants benefit. Does anyone know if this is correct?

New bookings do not get free speciality but if you had booked before January 1st I am fairly sure X has said it will honour them. You do now have access to Michael's Club which we have really enjoyed!

I spoke with the Captain's Club several days ago and they reconfirmed that the complimentary specialty restaurant is still a Sky Suite benefit. If you click on the "See Full Details + " tab, you will see •One complimentary dinner for all guests in suite (cruise of 6 or 7 nights) and two complimentary dinners for all guests in suite (cruise of 8 nights or more) in a specialty restaurant.

...really hoping this is true. We booked in November, but are travelling with two other couples that recently booked. Sure would like to introduce them to the specialties...especially Murano! sailing in April on Reflection.

:)

I spoke with the Captain's Club several days ago and they reconfirmed that the complimentary specialty restaurant is still a Sky Suite benefit. If you click on the "See Full Details + " tab, you will see •One complimentary dinner for all guests in suite (cruise of 6 or 7 nights) and two complimentary dinners for all guests in suite (cruise of 8 nights or more) in a specialty restaurant.

You should call the number for enhancements (excursions, restaurants reservations) and they will tell you no complimentary reservations on bookings made after Jan.1

Here is a recent thread which stated Celebrity has made a change and Sky suites no longer get Specialty restaurant.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showt...for+sky+suites

Also, if you go on the web site it is no longer listed as a benefit as of Jan. 1.

I'll be sailing in a Sky Suite next month on Connie. It's only a 5-day cruise.

When I booked with Celebrity back in October, the X agent was going on and on about the perks we'd receive with the "Go Best" promo, also Luminae, and he mentioned that we'd also receive a free dinner in a specialty restaurant. This was before Micheal's Club access, but I understand we'll get that now too.

The more research I did after booking, it looks like the specialty dinner is only for cruises 7-days or longer, correct? I've never called back to question it, because I figured they they didn't know. Am I right, or should I make a call?

I'll be sailing in a Sky Suite next month on Connie. It's only a 5-day cruise.

When I booked with Celebrity back in October, the X agent was going on and on about the perks we'd receive with the "Go Best" promo, also Luminae, and he mentioned that we'd also receive a free dinner in a specialty restaurant. This was before Micheal's Club access, but I understand we'll get that now too.

The more research I did after booking, it looks like the specialty dinner is only for cruises 7-days or longer, correct? I've never called back to question it, because I figured they they didn't know. Am I right, or should I make a call?

IIRC, it WAS 7 days or less, 1 complimentary dinner, and 8 days or more 2 complimentary dinners. Of course, none after 1/1/16 bookings.

Since we booked before the new suite benefits (which includes Luminaire) we still get our specialty restaurant. But if you booked after the benefits took effect, you won't get the specialty dinners. I'm not sure how far out they are going to grandfather this benefit. /quote]

Luminae. I hate auto correct too

IIRC, it WAS 7 days or less, 1 complimentary dinner, and 8 days or more 2 complimentary dinners. Of course, none after 1/1/16 bookings.

Glad I called. We do get a complimentary specialty dinner. They told me that the butler will make that reservation for us, and they'll know it should be complimentary. Wow. :)

New bookings do not get free speciality but if you had booked before January 1st I am fairly sure X has said it will honour them. You do now have access to Michael's Club which we have really enjoyed!

Thank you, I have rang Captains club, and they have confirmed that we will get it as booked before January 2016. Hope they still remember this in October 2017!!!