Opinions about getting hair cut/colored on board

Coastalbreezes

I often, on cruises, book a blow dry - I get my make up on, dress for the evening, and then (hair stays wet) pop to the salon to have it blown dry - Last cruise on Epic I established a good relationship with one of the hairdressers there - Stephanie - I took a fake pony tail piece for formal night which she turns into a magical weaved updo in my hair. She was great!

However - second last day - I let her crop my hair short - I felt like it at the time - and yes, it looked terrific -

But - regrets - YES! Taking me forever now to grow it all back again.

She cut it very well - cannot fault her - It just wasn't a decision I should have made on a cruise ship.

Cruise ships are fine for blow drys or UpDos -

Leave the serious stuff for your home salon !

Just a ballpark amount a haircut or color? I could not imagine getting either done while on a cruise! I would be sure to get it done in my regular salon and if, by chance, she was not available, I would at least try to get another stylist at the same salon to do it for me. JMO

I got my hair cut on the Ruby Princess and then 3 months later had a color and cut on the .coral. both times I have been very satisfied with the results. The prices is not much more then what impact in a salon.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I'm thinking about having my hair cut and also doing some highlights at the salon. Price aside, I'm looking for opinions based on your experience.

Were you happy or dissatisfied with the cut and/or color you received?

Thanks,

Tracy

Always had a great experience on the Gem and the Dawn. Go for it!

I have had it done on two Celebrity Cruises. It came out great each time but so costly and I got it done on discounted days. One time it was $90 because I got talked into a head massage thinking it was free. What was I thinking. Anyway, in Italy and France this past summer I looked for small salons in port for a wash, cut and blow dry and it cost $20 and $25 and just as nice. It was difficult explaining what I wanted but somehow it always worked out. It was fun too.

Take a chance with a W/C/BD if you need it on board. It always feels so good to have your hair look nice.

I often, on cruises, book a blow dry - I get my make up on, dress for the evening, and then (hair stays wet) pop to the salon to have it blown dry - Last cruise on Epic I established a good relationship with one of the hairdressers there - Stephanie - I took a fake pony tail piece for formal night which she turns into a magical weaved updo in my hair. She was great!

However - second last day - I let her crop my hair short - I felt like it at the time - and yes, it looked terrific -

But - regrets - YES! Taking me forever now to grow it all back again.

She cut it very well - cannot fault her - It just wasn't a decision I should have made on a cruise ship.

Cruise ships are fine for blow drys or UpDos -

Leave the serious stuff for your home salon !

I'm all about an onboard blowout. Oh yes! Drying my mass of long hair then straightening usually takes 45 minutes to an hour. So much more relaxing to sit and chit-chat.

That said, I'm the queen of haircut regrets. I want bangs! Get them cut. Why did I do that?!?! I want the weight off my head so let's cut my hair to my shoulders. Get it cut. WAAAAAA!!!!! Here's a tip from one girl with regrets to the next: get some Biotin. I buy gummies. I can have up to 2 gummies twice daily. Makes my hair and nails grow super fast and extremely healthy.

To the OP, I'm so particular about who I let color my hair so I personally would NEVER wait purposely to get onboard for that service. My hair is natural red/auburn so it takes color different. (Don't worry, I'm not coloring over some wildly gorgeous natural red. With age my former natural gorgeous red has become a dull, dreary auburn + gray. If I can just get enough gray to stop coloring altogether!) Also, the color of red I seek is not easy to produce so I need someone truly knowledgable with reds. I just changed stylists at home for the first time in almost 9 years. The past 4 years I've been driving 2 hrs each way to go back to my old stylist. it took me 2 years of searching to even find someone I was okay allowing to touch my hair. I. Am. Picky. That said, without prior knowledge of the stylists onboard I simply wouldn't go planning to let them do the job.

I was on the Gem 2 years ago in Nassau--lots of time we don't even get off the ship there.

I booked an early cut and highlight so not to take up the whole day.

What a joy! The stylist was from Denmark and took lots of time head massage with hair wash,etc. and the views out the window!

I felt very pampered and the cut and color was great-my husband could not believe what a difference it made!

I think it was $130 for both but well worth the feeling of being pampered--I usually go to Supercuts and spend alot less.

The only thing I would warn about is I think they are pressured to sell you hair and skin products. It was brought up to me- the Stylist said he could make a list of some of the products he used on me to see if I wanted to purchase them,

but I just politely said "no thank you" and that was that.

All in all a wonderful experience!