what do I do with my luggage before the cruise?

juanarcin

I will be cruising on the new Carnival Vista! getting very excited, but am wondering what my best options are for my luggage between hotel check out and the cruise. the ship is set to sail at 7pm, but the hotel check out is at noon!

What I would like to ask is,

What is usually the earliest we can board the ship on Carnival? We will be in Athens a few days prior so I think we will be fine boarding earlier if it helps with the luggage situation.

Do hotels usually allow you to leave luggage checked in somewhere after you check out?

If not what are my options?

thanks in advance for any help figuring this out!

All the hotels that we stayed at -- both foreign and US have a luggage storage area where we have left our luggage. Make certain that you lock everything and keep valuables with you.

You should ask on the Carnival board what time they allow you to board. Cruise lines have different boarding times.

Thank you both for the great info! I did check with the Carnival site as suggested by Krazy Kruizers and it says that Athens port departures set for 7pm start boarding at noon! pretty close to what cb at sea said. either way it seems like this is no longer an issue since I will probably just aim at being there around 11:30 to beat the crowd. thank you both!

If you want to explore the city more ask the hotel to hold your bags after check out ..most have a secure room they store people's bags in

If you just want to head to the port after check out

you can go around probably noon get in line to board

if Carnival has staggared boarding they may have a time slot noted in your documents

Not worth going to the port then back to Athens after dropping your bags at the port

I would make sure you are at the port by 5pm though

If you want to explore the city more ask the hotel to hold your bags after check out ..most have a secure room they store people's bags in

If you just want to head to the port after check out

you can go around probably noon get in line to board

if Carnival has staggared boarding they may have a time slot noted in your documents

Not worth going to the port then back to Athens after dropping your bags at the port

I would make sure you are at the port by 5pm though

Thanks for the info. I love Athens and will have seen it for about 3 days prior to boarding. So I think the plan will be to just head to the port and board the ship as early as possible.

Main reason being that our cruise is 10 days but only has 1 sea day. All the ports seem very exciting to me and so from the looks of it my time on the Vista will be very limited. Yet it seems like there is so much to do on it! So I plan on getting on as early as possible to enjoy as much as I can on it. Thanks!

I will be cruising on the new Carnival Vista! getting very excited, but am wondering what my best options are for my luggage between hotel check out and the cruise. the ship is set to sail at 7pm, but the hotel check out is at noon!

What I would like to ask is,

What is usually the earliest we can board the ship on Carnival? We will be in Athens a few days prior so I think we will be fine boarding earlier if it helps with the luggage situation.

Do hotels usually allow you to leave luggage checked in somewhere after you check out?

If not what are my options?

thanks in advance for any help figuring this out!

If you leave your hotel at noon by the time you get to the port it will be no problem to check your luggage and be ready to go. If you want to tour some more go back out for a couple of hours and be back to the ship by 4:00 for check-in and boarding.

Thanks for the info. I love Athens and will have seen it for about 3 days prior to boarding. So I think the plan will be to just head to the port and board the ship as early as possible.

Main reason being that our cruise is 10 days but only has 1 sea day. All the ports seem very exciting to me and so from the looks of it my time on the Vista will be very limited. Yet it seems like there is so much to do on it! So I plan on getting on as early as possible to enjoy as much as I can on it. Thanks!

The only problem with your cruise is that it has too many sea days. In that part of the world it is a real shame to waste a day on the sea.