Decisions Decisions

NIATPAC29

Just check both boxes! :D Wish I could clearly read all of the card, that thumbnail is rather small, lol.

I will. Just saying John Heald promised the card would offer a distinct option for "both" and yet month after month it is not done. And people report that stewards are telling people to select one and that they can't have both. John is being disingenuous here.

I will. Just saying John Heald promised the card would offer a distinct option for "both" and yet month after month it is not done. And people report that stewards are telling people to select one and that they can't have both. John is being disingenuous here.

He is outright lying. When given a card that says what is your choice and give you two choices with a check box by each, the clear indication is to choose one or the other not both.

If you are invited to a wedding reception and there is a card asking your choice with two choices on it with a box to be checked by both choices, everyone in the word knows you choose one or the other, not both.

It is how our minds work.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Above the boxes it says "a daily beautification". A daily. That sounds like once per day to me. I think most people would think you were only supposed to check one box. And I think that's what Carnival wants them to think.

Some Stewards may want people to "think" they cannot have both.....There are ways to say things, etc. to imply something without coming out and saying it. I would be OK with just nighttime service. I can make my own bed. I doubt I would give extra tip though for less service than normally used to get.

Also, the text above alludes to a single option ...

"A Daily Beautification ... "

kinda means just once a day, as I would interpret it if I was not a reader of these boards.

Agree. They're moving toward once-per-day service for sure. And doing it this way makes it seem like that's what people want cause they're selecting it.

I think cruisers would be in uproar if it was mandated once a day. Maybe they are pushing that decision off as long as possible if most pick just one choice.

Even if it was mandated, tips could sweet talk twice a day service. We enjoy it at a nice all inclusive resort, and also on cruise ship.

So, do you all think you can only check one option in the second section?

Well, in the second option the phrasing is plural ("things") , so it lets you know you can pick more than one. In the first option, it's singular.

Agree. They're moving toward once-per-day service for sure. And doing it this way makes it seem like that's what people want cause they're selecting it.

Welcome to Carnival downgrade 101. Manipulate new cruises into thinking that you only need service once and than we will be told the masses only want one time service.

I agree that Carnival has a plan.......they want everyone to select "one" and that way they can have their cabin attendants do more and more cabins.....less staff, less overhead...........

I think this sucks and I hate that they won't admit what they are trying to do. We are not stupid....

I'm used to the room being serviced twice daily. but what I noticed was that the sofa bed remains a bed throughout the cruise. it was a bed when we walked in. on rcl, the steward turns it into a bed at night and during the day it is made back into a sofa. I'd like it if ccl did that. I know the stewards work hard to make it a great vacation for us. they are only doing what they are told (no sense in getting mad with them). I will check both boxes and see what happens