Coming back to Celebrity

RhondaPerr

Hi,

Many moons ago I was on Celebrity for the first time, and just loved it....and now I will be cruising again at Easter...This will be my 14th cruise. When I was on this line before they had something called "Gourmet Bites" instead of big midnight buffets, although they did have a few themed buffet nights. I was wondering if that still exists.

I had a butler the last time which was a wonderful experience, but this time we have the Concierge Class which seems to offer many of the same amenities without the high price... I will miss having a wonderful melodious voice awaken me each morning with a phonecall and then the subsequent breakfast in bed....and of course High tea coming to the cabin, but I know I will survive! :)

We will be on Millennium, on the Sky Deck...any words of advice about the cabin location(deck) or anything else I need to know, would be greatly appreciated..... I have been to all the Islands many times over, so there I know what to expect...

If I remember Debarkation was the only problem we encountered on our last cruise with celebrity-Trying to find our luggage and find the right bus was a lesson in patience....Has that improved at all?

Does being a "Select Member" really give you advantages? Thanks in advance for your help!

Summit, 14 day this month, we had 2 themed buffets, the Grand and the Chocolate. Gourmet bites every other night.

Concierge class offers a few amenities but we took advantage of it for the cabin, not CC. Would we do it again? Would depend on the price. If less than $200 extra pp, maybe. More than that, no. The canapes in the afternoon were OK, nothing special, the towels and bathrobes were nice and of good quality. Only had priority tendering once (worked well) and priority shuttle once (we got on our shuttle when the entire rest of the ship was gone). The rest of the perks (leather key case, tote bag, use of umbrella and binoculars) not worth a whole lot of extra $$$.

Disembarkation depends on ship and port, not Celebrity in general. We've had disembarkations that took literally minutes and others that were a nightmare.

Select member status will get you a couple of extras, e.g. a backstage tour in the theatre, a galley tour, a wine tasting, an extra cocktail party (depending on length of cruise). Enjoyed all of these.

Welcome back to Celebrity, thought...you should be happy to be back!

Yes - Gourmet Bits are still served in all public bars in the evening hours. On a recent cruise they had a Chocolate Buffet one evening and of course the Grand Buffet.

I have not stayed in CC class but booked in-laws in CC. Nice amenities - you get pre-dinner horderves served by your cabin attendant.

I agree with other posts. disembarkation depends on port. The worst I have ever experienced was Vancouver. Port Liberty was about a 10 minute experience which was pretty well organized. Fort Lauderdale has improved in recent years.

The gourmet bites are still served. We have been in CC a few times and love it. You will have people complain that the overhangs ruin the view from the Sky Deck. We don't feel that way at all. We prefer the Sky Deck because of the overhang. If it rains, you will be covered and if it is very sunny, you will have shade. At night you are still able to see the stars.

I hope you enjoy your CC cabin as much as we do.

Katie

Archived