Does Carnival still offer "free's" when booking 16 in a group??

Cruisegoer

I have a friend who has never cruised before running a group cruise. His TA has not mentioned to him about earning a "free" single passenger rate for every 16 booked, has Carnival done away with this policy? It's been years since I ran a group so I'm not current.

Only if group space is available for that sailing and only if it is part of the points program for that sailing as well. I am taking a group and there was no group space on our preferred sailing. The free berth usually comes at 1 for 16 but again...sometimes it is better on some sailings. Groupscan tell you. Also....I DO know some agents that dobit group but do not pass on that savings to you. Not to be like so many negatives or alarmist on here but do yourself a favor and find out how it was booked. Education just makes us more aware.

My wife has booked 28 of us in the past, and never got a thank you. So I was going to say NO. Now after reading these post, your only free bee is the past guess get together. Yet that really isn't free!

My wife has booked 28 of us in the past, and never got a thank you. So I was going to say NO. Now after reading these post, your only free bee is the past guess get together. Yet that really isn't free!

Past Guest Party is only for Diamond and Platinum members now.

It is 1 free berth for 16 people in 8 cabins. Some TA's do some shady things like converting that free berth to extra commission for themselves. Many do it with guests not familiar with group cruises and pricing and don't know when they have been deceived. If you book 8 cabins as a group but later end up only with 5 you would not get the free berth but you would still get a few perks, ie wine, photo, etc.

That is actually not true.......

Group leader discounts are based upon availability (of that particular cruise) and the number of cabins to qualify is a variable as well.

Edited by jimbo5544

If booking so many cabins and you get nothing, it's time for a new TA. I think the new policy is you get a free berth with less than 8 cabins. My TA did give me the free berth last time I had a group cruise. :D

As I said it depends on the particular cruise and date. Also, the berth is just the cruise fare and not port charges and taxes. The discount is also based upon the types of rooms you have booked. There are some cruises where it is not offered at all.

As I said it depends on the particular cruise and date. Also, the berth is just the cruise fare and not port charges and taxes. The discount is also based upon the types of rooms you have booked. There are some cruises where it is not offered at all.

This is true.

I currently have a group cruise booked. So far we have 10 cabins booked (11th being booked tomorrow), and as of right now (before my 11th cabin booking, I'm getting nearly $600 off my cruise. We have everything booked from a suite to an inside.

Edited by medianeh

Thanks for your help, I just needed to confirm that it does still happen (unless otherwise noted regarding preferred sailings). My friend's TA is doing something somewhat confusing in the billing. She's giving a commission credit (reducing her own commission on each sailing) but she hasn't said a word about earning the "Free". I know in his group there are multiple single cabins sold so in that case the "free" would apply to the 16th passenger and NOT the 8th cabin.

Thanks for your help, I just needed to confirm that it does still happen (unless otherwise noted regarding preferred sailings). My friend's TA is doing something somewhat confusing in the billing. She's giving a commission credit (reducing her own commission on each sailing) but she hasn't said a word about earning the "Free". I know in his group there are multiple single cabins sold so in that case the "free" would apply to the 16th passenger and NOT the 8th cabin.

That is correct and the amount us an "average" of the cruise fares not the 16th person's fare.