Baracchina, walk from pier?

dcherry

No. I say this, not only for myself and my wife, but for the many other cruise passengers from HAL, Carnival and RCL who showed up to leave luggage while they explored Old San Juan. (last tuesday)

It doesnt hurt their business either....great PR food and, of course, pina coladas.

Some may have arrived by taxi as there is a taxi stand about 1/2 block from Barrachina's.

The OSJ pier is by the Sheraton, and we stayed here for several days prior to a cruise a while back. We walked everywhere and did not think Barrachina's was too far at all.

Just be sure to familiarize yourself with the map of the city to you know where you're going.

Planning another cruise with OSJ as a stop, and you can bet we'll be heading that way. :)

We were there just the other day. It's an easy walk from the OSJ pier if you are just you, but I wouldn't want to be dragging all my luggage from a cruise. Too far for that. Maybe if you just have a modest rollaboard.

The piña coladas were excellent, but for lunch I would suggest mofongo at Raices. Yum!

It's up hill and too far for most of us to roll/pull a 28" fully packed suitcase.

It is. But there are more taxis per sq. mile in San Juan than I have ever seen, even in NYC.

There is a taxi stand about 1/2 block from Barrachina.

Is it worth the fare? Having walked there (towing bag) last week, I have to say yes.