C2 or S1 suite on Celebrity Reflection

Ksqrd

I'm really hoping we get the full points. I just upgraded to an S1 for our upcoming cruise and one of the reasons was the additional points. We did not get a "discounted" upgrade, we paid the full amount the room was going for at the time. Yes, it was less that we had seen it at some points, but wasn't what I would consider a discounted upgrade.

You definitely should! When is your sail date? I would also call the Celebrity Captains club to verify. However sometimes you get conflicting information. But that wouldn't be fair if you paid the full upgrade rate. IMO

I can confirm it is the policy. It has not always been the policy, but it was a change not too long ago. The best answer is because Celebrity can.

I guess the policy is really because you either received the higher level room upgrade for free or at a very significant discount therefore you are really only paying for the lower level.

You do receive all the other benefits associated with the higher level room

I am not defending the policy, but just confirming. IMO it is a fair policy.

Thank you. I do think that is fair if you are receiving the suite at a significant discount to regular suite price. What I don't understand though, is if the price you are paying at time of your upgrade is the same price a 'new booking' from someone else would also pay for the same suite? That's where it doesn't make sense.

I guess, how do they define an upgrade, when not granting you the points?

Thank you. I do think that is fair if you are receiving the suite at a significant discount to regular suite price. What I don't understand though, is if the price you are paying at time of your upgrade is the same price a 'new booking' from someone else would also pay for the same suite? That's where it doesn't make sense.

Remember the time get the best upgrades is a few days before the actual sailing, when bookings are officially closed. So Celebrity was (I assume) glad to get any additional revenue for a cabin. About 5- days to one week before a sailing you can no longer book a cruise- So I see it as a win win situation. I picked up new luggage tags at the port for the luggage handlers and no problem printing a new boarding pass on line.

I would say your situation does not fall within the "no points on an upgrade policy."

Since you paid the going rate (shown on the Celebrity website) for your higher level cabin it would just be a change and not really an "upgrade". Anyone could have booked the cabin with the rate.

Does your invoice have a separate line item with an upgrade amount that is in addition to your regular booking? Or it just a new amount for the higher level cabin?

The bottom line is that I believe with your description you will get the points associated with you new booked category.

Remember the time get the best upgrades is a few days before the actual sailing, when bookings are officially closed. So Celebrity was (I assume) glad to get any additional revenue for a cabin. About 5- days to one week before a sailing you can no longer book a cruise- So I see it as a win win situation. .

Thank you cruise a holic.

I hadn't realized that bookings are closed approx 1 week before. So in that regard it makes perfect sense.

I would be happy to forfeit my points at that time for a lower upgrade fee. I agree. Win-win.

I would say your situation does not fall within the "no points on an upgrade policy."

Since you paid the going rate (shown on the Celebrity website) for your higher level cabin it would just be a change and not really an "upgrade". Anyone could have booked the cabin with the rate.

Does your invoice have a separate line item with an upgrade amount that is in addition to your regular booking? Or it just a new amount for the higher level cabin?

The bottom line is that I believe with your description you will get the points associated with you new booked category.

I believe this was for the poster OtherFigment not me - since you quoted me I didn't want to be rude and not reply :).

Thank you cruise a holic.

I hadn't realized that bookings are closed approx 1 week before. So in that regard it makes perfect sense.

I would be happy to forfeit my points at that time for a lower upgrade fee. I agree. Win-win.

I am a true Cruise a holic and at least weekly check the rates- they can vary . I call Celebrity or Royal, depending upon the cruises I have booked and change the rates

when they are lowered.

I also watch the rates for family members when they have cruises booked. If you create a grid-you can see how cruise rates change- both up and down. Typically no luck with downward pricing for example Christmas or New Years week- those I try to book as soon as I am allowed to in order to secure the best rate. While I do work, have a spouse and maintain a home, watching cruise rate fluctuations is a hobby for me. I have also found fellow cruisers on each roll call have also helped advise when the rates for a particular cruise go down.