Anthem questions dogs and burgers and complementary venues

I notice on the deck plans on deck 15 there is a doghouse cart at the seaplex. Are these hotdogs complementary? Also can you get a proper sausage as opposed to a frankfurter sausage?

I notice that Johnny Rockets is on the pool deck. Does this mean that pool burgers are not complementary? This would be very strange and the first time on any ship we would pay for a pool burger.

The cafe @270 is that complementary for sandwiches and burgers at lunchtime?

Sorrentos - is this complementary pizza

La pâtisserie - are the cakes complementary?

many thanks

I notice on the deck plans on deck 15 there is a doghouse cart at the seaplex. Are these hotdogs complementary? Also can you get a proper sausage as opposed to a frankfurter sausage?

It's not a cart. It's a "storefront" or counter.

Complimentary.

Sausages, too.

:)

I notice that Johnny Rockets is on the pool deck. Does this mean that pool burgers are not complementary? This would be very strange and the first time on any ship we would pay for a pool burger.

Royal Caribbean ships do not have "pool burgers". Other lines have "bbq's" on the "lido deck".

Yes, you pay for anything you get at Johnny Rockets. The charges are a la carte, and I don't have a picture of the menu, but I can find one for you.

No burgers. Sandwiches, wraps, salads, etc. Open for breakfast and lunch.

The pizza is complimentary.

many thanks

La Patisserie charges for everything that it sells. Coffees and pastries. Candy, too. :)

many thanks

Hot dog is complementary

JOhnny rocket is extra.

cafe 270 complementary

sorrento is complementary

ila pastrisere is extra however there is a cafe promenade on the other side and it free

many thanks

You have sailed on Allure and Independence. The Sorrentos and Café Promenade on Anthem are exactly like the ones that you experienced on those ships.

Café Two27 is very similar to Park Café on the Allure.

:)

We are going back a lot of years. Independence was only 3 nights in 2010 and Allure was a competition win before official launch so everything was free and I have no idea what we would have paid for and not! :o

I remember liking the Park café on Allure so that is good.

This will be our first proper cruise on Royal Caribbean and we are much more familiar with Celebrity and Princess. Fortunately our Celebrity points give us Platinum status on Royal Caribbean!!

Edited by Jo and Rob

Yes, you pay for anything you get at Johnny Rockets. The charges are a la carte, and I don't have a picture of the menu, but I can find one for you.

Thanks for the heads up. Is this a Quantum-class or Anthem-only thing? My prior experience with Johnny Rockets is a cover-charge model, then you eat as much as you want (but also pay for drinks separately).

Is RCI moving toward an a la carte pricing model for JR? :(

This will be our first proper cruise on Royal Caribbean and we are much more familiar with Celebrity and Princess. Fortunately our Celebrity points give us Platinum status on Royal Caribbean!!

Just to let you know that Anthem departs on March 27th so your countdown clock is 1 day early.:D

Actually, they do have the "Coney Island" hot dog which was pretty much your American hot dog option. It was actually really good as far as hot dogs go. That was my lunch option on many days. No slaw, but they do have saurkraut, onions, and peppers/onions as toppings.

Edited by Mere828

Two70 does not have burgers but you HAVE to try their roast beef sandwich. The meat is carved right in front of you.

The best burger on the ship is at Michael's Pub. It was around $12 and came with fries. It was well worth it!

Two70 does not have burgers but you HAVE to try their roast beef sandwich. The meat is carved right in front of you.

The best burger on the ship is at Michael's Pub. It was around $12 and came with fries. It was well worth it!

Yes and yes. Both of these things were quite delicious. If you're into burgers, the pub's burgers are better than Johnny Rockets (if you're going to choose one to pay for) and certainly better than the windjammer's burgers - those kind of grossed me out.

But I also really liked the "small bites" on the pub menu like the $3 polenta fries and the falafel options.