RTW Puzzle

For a long time now, the wonderful Mrs Gut has wanted to spend some time in Pommieland and Yankaria.

Now some of you will be aware that for my darling flying is out of the question.

A simple round the Workd cruise won't do.

She really wants to spend some time doing some research in England probably 6-8 weeks minimum and again wants to spend a bit if time in the USA probably at least a few weeks on each coast.

I've had a couple of shots at putting it all together something like

Sail to UK

Time on land, maybe a Ruver cruise and/or a Northern lights cruise.

TA

Few weeks on East Coast

Panama Canal

Bit of time on West coast

Hopefully Canada Alaska

Then across the Pacific home.

I can get some of it in place, but then I always seem to hit an extreme gap somewhere that us way way longer than I can imagine before we can get the next leg.

Could even do it in reverse.

Very flexible with who we sail with, but guess I'd lean to Princess and Celebrity as first choices.

Has anyone ever looked at doing something like this with any success.

It probably wouldn't be for a few years.

But something I'd love to do for her while we can.

Any thoughts appreciated.

You will still need to do quite a few combinations of cruises and /or land tours in order to avoid flying. Good luck with this venture.:D

When I first started thinking about it I thought it'd be easy.

Figured one relocation, a the end of our season to England. TA, relocation at the start of the next season. About six months away. Not looking that simple.

But got a few years, to hatch the plan.

When I first started thinking about it I thought it'd be easy.

Figured one relocation, a the end of our season to England. TA, relocation at the start of the next season. About six months away. Not looking that simple.

But got a few years, to hatch the plan.

Depending on how long the total trip is that can be possible but maybe picking up a couple world cruise segments may help.:D

I would love to cruise in & out of Sydney with no flying & have done as little research into it - but it does seem on average you need to spend around 5-6 months away from home to do it if you want to spend anytime on land & visit both Europe/UK & the USA.

Shorter 3 month options without the USA are possible but you have to get overland from Asia or Dubai to London.

Depending on how long the total trip is that can be possible but maybe picking up a couple world cruise segments may help.:D

Yeahhappytoinclude those.

6-9 months would be the likely time frame. We thought about three to four months at sea (a normal World Cruise is about that). And similar on land.

I would love to cruise in & out of Sydney with no flying & have done as little research into it - but it does seem on average you need to spend around 5-6 months away from home to do it if you want to spend anytime on land & visit both Europe/UK & the USA.

Shorter 3 month options without the USA are possible but you have to get overland from Asia or Dubai to London.

That fits (but it's also why it won't be for a few years if it happens).