Adventure of the Seas review January 16-23

AnnieC623

January 18th: St. Kitts- Breakfast at the Windjammer – we ate breakfast here every day.

ry%3D400

We had to be out to the Arrival Halls at 9:00am. We went on an awesome tour with Grey’s Tours. Thurston Grey was our guide, met us at the port at 9:00am, and we left in an air conditioned bus to see St. Kitts. Mr. Grey is extremely knowledgeable about St. Kitts. After a tour of Basseterre, we stopped at Romney Manor and Caribelle Batik Shop. The grounds are beautiful.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

We went to Brimstome Hill Fortress National Park. After viewing the film, we walked up all the steps to the top. That’s when my camera battery died. All the way down and back up.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Off to Timothy Hill for the view.

ry%3D400

And then to the beach. I cannot remember which beach, which is sad since it’s the second time we’ve been there. We had lunch and a drink, then I promptly fell asleep reading on the beach. An excellent day!

ry%3D400

Each evening we’d have a drink before dinner. We tried the Diamond Lounge once but it was so busy each night that we would go to the Viking Crown Lounge (not too far). We are not big drinkers – two would be a lot, but I was hoping to try different drinks.

ry%3D400

We missed the Welcome Back Party – it was at Studio B. Must have been talking too much at dinner. We had very nice table mates! I think it was the singing night, too.

ry%3D400

About the dining room-it was great that we didn’t get hounded every night about the survey. It was explained once and maybe we were reminded once. How nice:)

I use an iPhone app called WorldScan. There are many different PDF scanning apps out there, that's just what I use. I take a pic, make my adjustments, and save as PDF. A minute or 2 and I'm done. :)

I have scanned Day 1&2 individually in PDFs this morning (noticed last night the same thing - hard to read), but I have no idea how to attach the PDFs. Any suggestions? Thank you!

This review is so great! We were on with you guys as well as the week before and they were both amazing cruises! The best we've done! We LOVE the Adventure of the Seas! Can't wait to see her next January when she's all new and sparkly! :D Keep up the good work OP!

When is AD scheduled for refurb?

I use an iPhone app called WorldScan. There are many different PDF scanning apps out there, that's just what I use. I take a pic, make my adjustments, and save as PDF. A minute or 2 and I'm done. :)

Thank you, I just downloaded it!

Great review! We are doing Grey's Tour in May. Did they provide lunch? How long did you get to spend at beach? Thanks [emoji4]

Grey's Tour did not provide lunch. There were opportunities to purchase snacks at one stop, and there is a restaurant at the beach (we purchased lunch there). I think we spent an hour and a half at the beach (my husband says enough time to have lunch, read on the beach and go for two swims:))

And you will love the tour!!! Mr. Grey is witty, intelligent, and well-spoken.

January 19th: St. Maarten- What a wonderful day on St. Maarten! I was a bit nervous about this excursion; I had planned to rent paddleboards and paddle to Pinel Island, but was worried about getting back at the end of the day. All went great! Soon after getting off the ship we got a taxi to the Cul de Sac. At the taxi stand they sent us in a taxi that first went to Orient Beach to drop passengers off, then they dropped us off near the ferry at the Cul de Sac. It took about 25-30 minutes. We made sure to let the taxi driver know we needed to be picked up at 2:30. She told us if she wasn’t there by 2:45 to call (and gave us her card) for another taxi.

We rented our paddleboards at Caribbean Paddling (I reserved them online, paying a 50% deposit.) It was $25 per person. We brought our dry bags, however they do have them if you need them. We left our shoes at the table by their hut and set off.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Both Scott and I love paddle boarding, we finally purchased our own last summer, but have only used them on the lakes and rivers in New Hampshire. We have done excursions on other islands (with tours), but were unsure how it would be to paddle alone out to this island. Well, worried for nothing – it’s easy to get there, not far at all. We paddled to the small island, Little Key, then to Pinel. The beach is beautiful.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

There are two restaurants, tons of chairs, a place to put the boards (or kayaks, Caribbean Paddling also rents those) on the island, as well as a trail to the snorkel area. We had lunch at the restaurant on the left (facing the island), it was good. We debated about bringing our snorkel gear and decided against it. If we had it to do over again, we would have- we could have easily transported them on the boards.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Our taxi was waiting when we got back at 2:20. And even if she wasn’t there, the employees at Caribbean paddling offered to call (actually, they did call, but she was already there waiting!).

If you want to go to Pinel Island, but don’t want to kayak or paddleboard, there is a ferry that runs every ½ hour. I’m not sure of the cost –I think $13 round trip.

This day tied with Barbados for highlight of the trip.

Back on the ship: We grabbed a couple snacks and relaxed on the balcony before our ritual of a 5:30 drink, followed by dinner. Tonight we planned to go to the Ice Show (“Cool Art, Hot Ice”). Well, we decided to go a little early (I think we were there at 8:35-8:40), but all the seats were taken!!! I was so disappointed! Luckily, there was another show on the afternoon of the last day.

They make good souvenirs. Personally, I use them to complement my cruise journal to help me remember my cruise better. Now, I just need to remember where I put it...

Thank you for your review and posting the cruise compass. I am a first time cruiser and i keep seeing the cruise compass mentioned but i have never seen one before so this helped a lot