OMG! How many calls until my booking is correct!

Kruizin'Kath

Last night I couldn't log in to MSC...kept saying my info was incorrect. Tonight I am from Berlin' date=' Germany (don't know if I am male or female):mad:[/quote']

Today I am from Goiania, Brazil. I have also received (3) individuals very private information via MSC booking info. I would assume my personal info has also been

compromised. 4 weeks and no one has been able to fix my problem. I will be contacting these (3) individuals and turning over the information that has been leaked to me if MSC continues to fail in correcting these issues. I have spent so much time on hold that the "In the Summertime" song is constantly playing in my head.

I am now French, complete with passport details ......and have had a gender reassignment :eek:

I am normally a very placid person, able to 'go with the flow'

.....but I've lost my sense of humour now :mad:

Multiple phone calls and emails.......and each time one issue is sorted, it is replaced with another one :confused:

I am beginning to deeply regret booking with MSC at all :(

I am still from Germany today, but not Berlin. I don't understand how Homeland Security has not been all over these breaches of identification. My cousin and her husband booked at the same time as us, and I am the only one with this issue.

And thanks for mentioning "In The Summertime" because now the MSC version is echoing in my ears!;)

OK...I officially throw in the towel!!! I give up....MSC you win!!! After another hour and a half, 40 minutes of which were on hold, I have made no progress once again. I spoke with Heather who assures me that, in their system, I am not from Germany, Brazil, Spain, Italy or any other country they have had me from, but from the good ole' US of A! That's great, but that is not the screen I see. She also saw the info that had me from Germany (at the moment), so she will send an email to her tech department because there must be a glitch in MY booking. When I told her that I am not the only one with this problem, she said if they find out others have had this problem, they may look into a system glitch. YA THINK????

Then onto my loyalty match...we are one cruise away from Platinum with NCL, and were given a silver status with MSC. I think it is partially because my DD was helping us submit the form and used the date of our last cruise as the date we became Gold. (No big deal really, because with all this hassle, this will probably be our first and last cruise with MSC). So Heather, with whom I spoke today transferred me to Customer Service and Sowka answered and then disconnected me:mad: So I called back and spoke to Antonia who transferred me to Voyagers Club and I was connected to Joanna, oops reservations:eek:, so Joanna then connected me to Voyagers Club. NOT!!! Got Sowka again in Customer Service!!! :confused:So she will give a message to Lisa who will call me back!!! Right?!?!

So the following are all the MSC employees who I have spoken to while trying to resolve these issues: Jorges, LeeLee, Marquesa, Jess, Juanita, plus the 5 from today! When I have asked to speak to a supervisor, you get a voicemail to leave a message. I have done that 3 times. I will say that supervisor Dennis did call 3 weeks ago while I was at the dentist and told my husband that he would call back the following morning at 9:00am...still waiting for that call! Also, I have emailed twice with no response!

So this is it MSC, we're through:mad:

Stick a fork in me because I'm done!

Kath......I feel your pain :(

I've spent half my evening messing with the MSC website following further emails from customer services

......and I'm no further forward :mad:

I just don't know what else to do :confused::(

Kath......I feel your pain :(

I've spent half my evening messing with the MSC website following further emails from customer services

......and I'm no further forward :mad:

I just don't know what else to do :confused::(

How sad that the joy one can get from planning a vacation becomes a depressing task:(

I hope you will have a better outcome soon

You may not be in the mood for a positive twist, and I totally get that. But for what it's worth, every review I've read has stated that the MSC website really is a debacle and that things are smoother on board. I'm hoping you're on board experience is the polar opposite of what you have endured. When do you sail?

We booked two weeks ago and everything has been just fine with our reservation until last night. I kept my name and passport information but my demographics switched with someone in VA. I called him as I had his phone number. He pulled up his reservation and had my demographics. I did another web check-in hoping to recover my demographics. Instead the website emailed all confirmation to him which contained all of our information. We agreed to forward any emails from MSC to each other if needed. Today I will try to get everything corrected.

Hi Tom!

I am wondering what happens when I order drink tickets or any other pre-cruise purchases if this can't be fixed.

We booked two weeks ago and everything has been just fine with our reservation until last night. I kept my name and passport information but my demographics switched with someone in VA. I called him as I had his phone number. He pulled up his reservation and had my demographics. I did another web check-in hoping to recover my demographics. Instead the website emailed all confirmation to him which contained all of our information. We agreed to forward any emails from MSC to each other if needed. Today I will try to get everything corrected.

Hi Tom!

I am wondering what happens when I order drink tickets or any other pre-cruise purchases if this can't be fixed.

Omg- I may sound like a hysterical, unreasonable American- but this seems like a serious security breach- especially when passport info being switched. I was going to prepurchase a drink package but was afraid to add my cc# for this very reason. I'm fine with paying the gratuity added onboard, what I didn't want to do was temp the Msc web Gods to further mess with my reservation.

Unfortunately, those caught in this identity merry-go-round may want to save screen shots with all your incorrect info. I would want a record of every identity I was crossed with.

Keep us posted!

We have 2 cruises booked with MSC.

For the 2nd cruise on MSC, when we originally booked and could access their website, I found out that I was married to a man from Kampen Netherlands with the email address belonging to "anjavandenelijkel". We are U.S. citizens with good ole' American names for our e-mail addresses.

After holding for 1:20 hours, the MSC rep said that all the information was correct on "HER" screen. Yesterday, since we still could not access the site for our web-check-in and after receiving a new password, I gave up after a 22 minute hold. I have now left 5 messages for our MSC cruise consultants. His business must be booming, LOL!

After I come back from the solo cruise, we will decide if we want to just lose the deposit for the July cruise or if it's worth the hassle of accessing the site to make the necessary web check-in. :eek:

While on the MSC Divina for a 7 day cruise, this month, I asked the cruise consultant to correct the issues with our next booking including canceling my 2nd Voyager's Club numbers. Elena was a great help.

I am afraid to look at my reservation again after all the new information that appears on everyone else's web check-ins.

Hope our problem is solved.

Hi Tom!

I would not book any drink packages connected with the room that has the incorrect information. I have read posts from other passengers finding beverage packages showing up on their booking they did not order and MSC telling them they will honor it to them anyway. Unless the one whom actually bought it does not have some real proof they paid for it, my guess is it will be difficult to get MSC to give it to them..

Wayne, If you have a second cabin without this mix up, book drink packages, etc in connection to that cabin. I hope you have more luck than I did in trying to get this resolved. While trying to contact our MSC consultant today to get our issue resolved, we are not getting any return calls or emails....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Called in to MSC earlier and hopefully had a very helpful rep in reservations. She patiently went through the problem and fixed the incorrect information that showed up inside the "my booking" area. Unfortunately that fix somehow pushed my new friend in VA (we are the one's "sharing" a booking) to my profile. I updated my profile and now his data is gone or at least playing hid and seek until next week :)

though we did nothing with my wife's profile, her new passport number is "birth certificate" and has issue/expire dates of my birthday this year and next. CRAZY!!!! My MIL ad her friend are going with us. At least their reservation is still correct.

Called in to MSC earlier and hopefully had a very helpful rep in reservations. She patiently went through the problem and fixed the incorrect information that showed up inside the "my booking" area. Unfortunately that fix somehow pushed my new friend in VA (we are the one's "sharing" a booking) to my profile. I updated my profile and now his data is gone or at least playing hid and seek until next week :)

though we did nothing with my wife's profile, her new passport number is "birth certificate" and has issue/expire dates of my birthday this year and next. CRAZY!!!! My MIL ad her friend are going with us. At least their reservation is still correct.

Just refreshed our page and nothing changed, same wrong info attached to my bookings. My profile still correct. We too have two cabins and based on Wayne's issues, and given my other cabins info remains correct, I am going to leave well enough alone and check in...fingers crossed I can get on the ship given my booking info does not match my passport.

We are set to sail next Saturday and will let everyone know if this issue everyone is experiencing leaves us on the dock!

Just refreshed our page and nothing changed, same wrong info attached to my bookings. My profile still correct. We too have two cabins and based on Wayne's issues, and given my other cabins info remains correct, I am going to leave well enough alone and check in...fingers crossed I can get on the ship given my booking info does not match my passport.

We are set to sail next Saturday and will let everyone know if this issue everyone is experiencing leaves us on the dock!

Good luck buddy. The lady I had on the phone was very nice, knew some of your demographics, but somehow could not pull up your booking. She wanted to fix both of our problems (she was in reservations). Thinking back she did ask me for your formal or informal name and I told her I did not know. Drop me an email when you check-in and I will forward anything I get in your name. You know my email and phone number and I know yours if any more weird **** happens.

Please come back and let us know how much you enjoyed your cruise.

For the love of.......

I've now got all the details of the booking for an entire US family attached to my profile :mad::mad::mad:

Well normally their website glitches are irritating but really this is actually illegal. Someone (UK) needs to report them for a breach of the Data Protection Act. The US must have similar data privacy legislation that they are breaching continually here.

Doesn't seem to be an isolated case restricted to one countries local office. Seem to be leaking passenger info to others over and over again.

All my data on my bookings is only my data but can't help being concerned that someone else is seeing my info. There is so much online fraud, the criminals don't need companies like MSC making it easy for people to get a hold of your personal data.

Edited by AmoMondo

Looking forward to hear not only if all this bull***t is worth it, but whether or not you have a good cruise ! Today I am from England, which isn't terrible since that is where my parents are from!!

Can't wait to hear from you again!

Kathy

Well normally their website glitches are irritating but really this is actually illegal. Someone (UK) needs to report them for a breach of the Data Protection Act. The US must have similar data privacy legislation that they are breaching continually here.

Doesn't seem to be an isolated case restricted to one countries local office. Seem to be leaking passenger info to others over and over again.

All my data on my bookings is only my data but can't help being concerned that someone else is seeing my info. There is so much online fraud, the criminals don't need companies like MSC making it easy for people to get a hold of your personal data.

And the person I spoke with was CERTAIN it was only my booking that was compromised! As I stated previously, I'm sure Homeland Security would be interested in this! I can't understand how this can happen!! If anyone can shine any light on this I would appreciate it!

And the person I spoke with was CERTAIN it was only my booking that was compromised! As I stated previously' date=' I'm sure Homeland Security would be interested in this! I can't understand how this can happen!! If anyone can shine any light on this I would appreciate it![/quote']

I'm not a techie, but my job I involves looking after confidentiality, integrity and availability of internal systems. This sounds like the backend database is corrupted and other people details are being displayed as a result. If that is the case, MSC asking passengers to change their details in the front end will not work. They will probably need to run a script on their database to correct data being misaligned.

Looking forward to hear not only if all this bull***t is worth it' date=' but whether or not you have a good cruise ! Today I am from England, which isn't terrible since that is where my parents are from!!

Can't wait to hear from you again!

Kathy[/quote']

Well, you're now British and I'm American

.....oh well, could be worse! ;)

I've decided to give up the fight and leave it alone. No energy left to carry on messing with it :rolleyes:

I'm going to turn up for my cruise and hope for the best :D

Well, you're now British and I'm American

.....oh well, could be worse! ;)

I've decided to give up the fight and leave it alone. No energy left to carry on messing with it :rolleyes:

I'm going to turn up for my cruise and hope for the best :D

And today I'm from France!!!

The saga continues.....

And today I'm from France!!!

The saga continues.....

I know I shouldn't laugh but considering that I was married to a Dutch man by MSC's standards, I can't help but think the entire breach of privacy is hilariously funny! Hope they get it straightened out for you.

I am not EVEN going on their website to see who I am now married to or what my new nationality is.