OMG! How many calls until my booking is correct!

Kruizin'Kath

I know I shouldn't laugh but considering that I was married to a Dutch man by MSC's standards, I can't help but think the entire breach of privacy is hilariously funny! Hope they get it straightened out for you.

I am not EVEN going on their website to see who I am now married to or what my new nationality is.

I am really getting anxious as final payment id due Monday. I wanted to order drink coupons, but i am wondering who might end up with them:eek:

I am really getting anxious as final payment id due Monday. I wanted to order drink coupons' date=' but i am wondering who might end up with them:eek:[/quote']

I elected not to prepurchase drink coupons for this very same reason. For me, Not worth the risk to save a few bucks.

If you order a French wine package you will be covered either way :D

However, today I am from Rome!!:confused:

I did make final payment and finally someone was able to answer a few questions, one being about all these imposters sharing a cabin with my husband!!

Well, she didn't really answer it, but did say that the tech department was "working on it"! Imagine that actually feeling like an answer!!:p

And it might not be so bad after all....if a certain candidate is elected, I might just use one of these foreign identities and pull up stakes here in the USA!!:rolleyes:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Sorry to dig up this old thread but....

I'm ready to book tomorrow.....

Is all of this still a problem?

My booking is all correct now :)

......though it did take multiple calls and emails to resolve :rolleyes:

Define problem lol. This is my second MSC booking- I still can't log into my account. I needed to contact my ta to contact Msc (enter 30 minute hold time) in order to get my tickets emailed. My birthday is still incorrect. Good news is that my passport number was never wrong which is what I really worry about.

Alright, maybe I was just looking for an excuse. But I just can't bring myself to book the cruise I've been researching.:(

I just don't have the temperment to deal with 4 months of stress (and the older I get the more the smallest things seem to stress me out).

You've all been very helpful to me on this forum and I may be back, but I'm taking a deep breath for now.

Thanks for all your help.:)

Alright, maybe I was just looking for an excuse. But I just can't bring myself to book the cruise I've been researching.:(

I just don't have the temperment to deal with 4 months of stress (and the older I get the more the smallest things seem to stress me out).

You've all been very helpful to me on this forum and I may be back, but I'm taking a deep breath for now.

That is a shame. I spent time doing research and reading the MSC threads and asked a few questions here. When I made the decision to book, I called and had a wonderful experience....with no mistakes on my booking page with MSC. Maybe I hit it lucky...but we are soooo looking forward to this cruise. Hope you will reconsider.:)

:eek:

You may be the wisest of us all here. I have had numerous problems with my booking. The latest just happened today as I went online to double check to make sure I still have the same stateroom since someone took the liberty of changing it before our final payment...they changed it right back to the original one when I complained, however. Well now, my booking number is no longer valid. I left a voice message on our MSC's travel consultant. I will cancel this cruise if I am given another stateroom again though and will permanently take MSC out of my vocabulary.

As I get older, I sure as heck don't need this kind of stress and frustration either. I just wanted my DH to see this beautiful ship which I was fortunate enough to sail on back in March.

Edited by Fighterone

Thanks, Champagne,

Sometimes too much research is a bad thing.

Whereabouts in NW NJ are you? We used to live in Long Valley.

Hahahah....We live in Panther Valley (right next to Hackettstown). What a small world....:):):) Where do you live now?

Magfig: I totally understand your apprehension. Hopefully MSC will fix the issues causing so many of US customers problems. There is always another chance to try MSC. It is a beautiful ship, and you'll know when she is right to book for you.

Fighterone: Hang in there. I know it's frustrating. Since you have previously been on the Divina you know that the ship version is much better than the online experience.

I often wonder if a majority of the problems are a result of language barriers :(. Regardless, I'm not making any excuses for MSC but I do think keeping the extremely low price in mind is critical when choosing (and sailing) MSC.

Hahahah....We live in Panther Valley (right next to Hackettstown). What a small world....:):):) Where do you live now?

I remember (back in the 70s?) when the Panther was stolen.

We now live in Punta Gorda, Fl. DH and I both took early retirement from AT&T 20 years ago. He was only 43. They added 5 years onto your age, 5 years onto your service, 15% onto your pension, and gave you 5 minutes to get out the door.:eek:

Magfig: I totally understand your apprehension. Hopefully MSC will fix the issues causing so many of US customers problems. There is always another chance to try MSC. It is a beautiful ship, and you'll know when she is right to book for you.

Fighterone: Hang in there. I know it's frustrating. Since you have previously been on the Divina you know that the ship version is much better than the online experience.

Hanging in there! We are still on since I was assured a few minutes ago that all was well with our reservation. Yes, the ship is indeed a lot better. I was solo on a holistic cruise and the hang ups, many of them, were due to the organizer, not MSC.

I remembrer (back in the 70s?) when the Panther was stolen.

We now live in Punta Gorda, Fl. DH and I both took early retirement from AT&T 20 years ago. He was only 43. They added 5 years onto your age, 5 years onto your service, 15% onto your pension, and gave you 5 minutes to get out the door.:eek:

We are your neighbors in Cape Coral. We retired here from Houston 4 years ago. It would be great to meet you someday on an MSC cruise

I have been very patient with MSC trying to correct errors on my booking. It took 4 calls (one time on hold for 1:20)to correct my husbands date of birth. When they sent me the new confirmation' date=' he was booked in a cabin with a different woman:eek:! I found this humorous and called again to correct it. New confirmation showed all was well:rolleyes: Then yesterday when I signed on to MSC I was shocked to learn that I was 30 years younger than my husband and gave birth at the ripe old age of 4 :confused:! (Must say, DH was thrilled to have such a young wife!!) All joking aside, this is what has really made me nervous: Not only was my year of birth wrong, but all my personal information such as address, email address AND Passport number were filled in (and now I was living in Italy with an Italian passport!) I am now very nervous about putting my real information in, as I don't want to compromise my passport. I'm sure this is some kind of security breach and I'm not sure the great price for my aft cabin is worth it. So I just got off the phone with MSC who entered the correct info, but the other passport number is still listed as mine! :mad:

Does anyone know how to reach a supervisor with MSC?[/quote']

Incorrect charge applied to my Amex credit card, and have been trying for nearly two weeks to get it corrected. Four calls and still nothing. Was on Divina in May and going again in July. Can assure you, there will be no others on MSC. Too many competitors in this space to put up with this nonsense. Arrivederci. MSC!

Incorrect charge applied to my Amex credit card, and have been trying for nearly two weeks to get it corrected. Four calls and still nothing. Was on Divina in May and going again in July. Can assure you, there will be no others on MSC. Too many competitors in this space to put up with this nonsense. Arrivederci. MSC!

Know how you feel, I have had several issues for my B2B November 26th..... it's getting ridiculous and really making me mad.. they over charged my card $3000!! This could be it for me. They make it so hard.

Edited by Crzyfrk62

:eek:

You may be the wisest of us all here. I have had numerous problems with my booking. The latest just happened today as I went online to double check to make sure I still have the same stateroom since someone took the liberty of changing it before our final payment...they changed it right back to the original one when I complained, however. Well now, my booking number is no longer valid. I left a voice message on our MSC's travel consultant. I will cancel this cruise if I am given another stateroom again though and will permanently take MSC out of my vocabulary.

As I get older, I sure as heck don't need this kind of stress and frustration either. I just wanted my DH to see this beautiful ship which I was fortunate enough to sail on back in March.

Hey you! :) Double check to make sure the reservation you're looking at (the old one) doesn't say 'cancelled' on it. I made that same mistake when I logged in and saw (I thought) that they moved us from our aft balcony to a side one. My cruising buddy pointed out that they cancelled that reservation even though it still shows up and our booked aft was still there. WHEW!

See you soon ;)

Hey you! :) Double check to make sure the reservation you're looking at (the old one) doesn't say 'cancelled' on it. I made that same mistake when I logged in and saw (I thought) that they moved us from our aft balcony to a side one. My cruising buddy pointed out that they cancelled that reservation even though it still shows up and our booked aft was still there. WHEW!

See you soon ;)

Unneeded stress from MSC! I would love to double check my reservation but the last 2 times I checked, it said "Booking # not available". Just amazing that this company has such a lousy website. I am miffed!!!

Unneeded stress from MSC! I would love to double check my reservation but the last 2 times I checked, it said "Booking # not available". Just amazing that this company has such a lousy website. I am miffed!!!

Agreed, their website leaves a LOT to be desired. It's actually improved some over the 2 yrs since I first sailed, believe it or not! :eek:

Hang in there...hopefully, once you step on board, you'll forget about the website whoas :)

Agreed, their website leaves a LOT to be desired. It's actually improved some over the 2 yrs since I first sailed, believe it or not! :eek:

Hang in there...hopefully, once you step on board, you'll forget about the website whoas :)

For the last couple of days, I didn't think I was going to ever step on board after their website plain refused to allow me to complete a web check-in. I am not new to computers and this is a glitch of theirs. Two days ago, I requested a call back. Well forget that because it doesn't work!! It was my second try!!!

Finally, I called them and this gal told me to just check in at the pier. "NO" I said! I should be able to input my info and would she please walk me through it. And so they did with the help of their IT department who reset several different fields so I could input my information since all I could get was Name Invalid, booking list not available, etc. What a g***arn nightmare. Never again will I personally book a cruise with MSC. It will be done through a TA.

Mafig, you are wise!

The more I read about MSC the more unwilling I feel about booking a cruise with them. Should we go ahead?

We are in the USA. Their website here is a nightmare. It may not be so bad in Europe, I don't know. Just let a T.A. handle it. The onboard experience is a delight and their ships are beautiful so I would book with them for those reasons but as far as working directly with them, never again!