What do YOU typically do on embarkation?

DISCruiser2009

Don't know about BLKSPY but your answer is good enough for me. Sometimes people just like to be by themselves. Ain't nothing wrong with that.

I didn't mean ANYTHING negative. I just asked why. NEVER insinuated there was anything wrong with enjoying a one to one dinner. We DON'T do it on cruises, just wanted his view. His answer was simple to understand.

Happy sailing and smooth seas to you also.

Agree;)

Whats going on here????? All I asked was Why he "ALWAYS" requested a table for two !!! I didn't try to say ANYTHING was wrong with that....Just wanted to hear "HIS" opinion to my question. I thought my question was respectful as was my response to his clear reply. Yet as is prone to happen here on CC, the Extra jabs from some with nothing better to do pops up even AFTER the subject is a moot point

So let me try to be clear.....

I thank the poster for answering my 'Curiosity question of why HE always got a table for two',

I was just looking for his view--which was given and appreciated.

Your 'after the fact' Agreed--two cents, really proves that 'everyone' clearly has one.Altough not needed. Glad I didn't say something bad about a table for 2.

Edited by blkspy

Whats going on here????? All I asked was Why he "ALWAYS" requested a table for two !!! I didn't try to say ANYTHING was wrong with that....Just wanted to hear "HIS" opinion to my question. I thought my question was respectful as was my response to his clear reply. Yet as is prone to happen here on CC, the Extra jabs from some with nothing better to do pops up even AFTER the subject is a moot point

So let me try to be clear.....

I thank the poster for answering my 'Curiosity question of why HE always got a table for two',

I was just looking for his view--which was given and appreciated.

Your 'after the fact' Agreed--two cents, really proves that 'everyone' clearly has one.Altough not needed. Glad I didn't say something bad about a table for 2.

It's all cool. I never feel like I have to justify what we choose to do in our lives to anyone. I always consider "to each their own". I wasn't offended at all with your question or curiosity. You asked I answered. Simple.

Edited by davekathy

It's all cool. I never feel like I have to justify what we choose to do in our lives to anyone. I always consider "to each their own". I wasn't offended at all with your question or curiosity. You asked I answered. Simple.

Thank you Sir...

Happy sailing and Smooth Seas.

Thanks for all the embarkation rituals! I might have to consider the MDR or Alfredos instead of the buffet for this trip. I'm also intrigued by the Treasure Hunt that was mentioned. Sounds like a great way to learn the ship's layout and I'm all for a possible real 'treasure' at the end.

For what it's worth, I too insist on a 2-top table (or a table just for my travel companions). My reason... I just don't enjoy sharing a meal and making small talk with strangers. It's not relaxing for me at all. I'm introverted like that.

For what it's worth, I too insist on a 2-top table (or a table just for my travel companions). My reason... I just don't enjoy sharing a meal and making small talk with strangers. It's not relaxing for me at all. I'm introverted like that.

My wife and I always request a table for two for the same reasons as you. Just be aware though, that not all the table for 2 on Princess are very private. Some are just inches apart. Here are a few examples:

8654760895_81f709a50c_z.jpg

8655848088_e12356543c_z.jpg

New to Princess and will be sailing on the Royal in a couple of weeks. Looking for ideas on exactly what to do on embarkation. We usually head to the buffet for lunch on DCL.

On embarkation day the first thing I do is wake up. Then shower and dress. Then pack. Then go to the port. Then check in. Then board the ship. Then drop off my carry-ons. Then walk around and photograph the ship. Then have lunch. Then more walking around and photographing the ship. Then go back to the cabin and rest. Then go to the muster drill. The find a place to watch the sail away. Then photograph the sunset. Then have dinner. Then go back to the cabin and upload the photographs and work on my review. Then go to sleep.

The first thing I do when we board is to try and wipe the giant grin off of my face so I don't look quite so dorky. I'm always soooooooooooo happy when we finally get onboard. ;)

Then we drop our stuff in the cabin and "wing it" from there. Wander around, go eat, get a drink, whatever. We're on a cruise ship. We don't have any set routine. That's part of what is so great. :D

The first thing I do when we board is to try and wipe the giant grin off of my face so I don't look quite so dorky. I'm always soooooooooooo happy when we finally get onboard. ;)

Then we drop our stuff in the cabin and "wing it" from there. Wander around, go eat, get a drink, whatever. We're on a cruise ship. We don't have any set routine. That's part of what is so great. :D

Then you'd recognize my wife and me. We are the ones with the "dorky smiles" on our faces the entire Cruise. ;o)

Upon embarkation we go to our stateroom to drop off our carryon luggage. Then it is off to the MDR for lunch. By the time we are finished with lunch we return to the stateroom and hopefully our luggage has arrived so that we can settle in for a wonderful cruise.

We always ask for a table that seats 2 to 6 pax. We do like to meet other people and have been very lucky over the years with only a few bad experiences. Sail away finds us on our balcony holding a glass of wine and watching the ship leave the harbor.