What do YOU typically do on embarkation?

DISCruiser2009

We divide to conquer all necessary items on our wish list! I'll head right to the sanctuary, John will work the phones to arrange for "our liquor selection" sign up for the Chef's Table Illuminere and hope that they'll do at least one in the 2 weeks we're on the Regal! We also sign up for the WineMaker's Dinner and hope they'll be doing that at least once on the 2 weeks we're on board. John leaves a note and gratuity for the room steward requesting a top sheet, extra pillows, ice each day and a few other things that we like in our room. We don't bother making our specialty dining options that day, we'll probably go both formal nights on each cruise even though we do dress in accordance to the recommendations.

Mission Accomplished, we'll meet up at Alfredo's, on the older ships it would be the "closed, NOT) master dining room but Alfredo's is amazing!

So, that's our first amazing afternoon and it's coming up on 2/21! OH HAPPY DAY!!!!!!!!!

We drop our carry on in the cabin and try to meet our steward so we can ask for a mattress topper and a top sheet on the bed. We try to get our bottle of sparkling wine delivered so it can be chilled and ready (I typically pre-purchase it so there is a card for it already in the cabin). We then go and purchase the AIBP. We then get lunch at the grill and lido deck pizzeria. After lunch we find the barstools that overlook the center pool area to hopefully enjoy some sunshine and cocktails. After muster we go back up to the top decks to enjoy the sail away party. Embarkation is so exciting!

What part of Maine? I graduated from MCI in Pittsfield and U of M at Farmington. I worked for Intl. Paper in Jay, Me. Im camping this summer at Hermit Island in Small Point, Me. I love the state :)

On topic, with the closing of Sabatini's......with the popularity of Alfredo's.....can a charge be in its future? I find meeting my cabin steward and giving a small appreciation :) ensures my large vase of ice is always full for my sodas and all request are taken care of. Then its off to the MDR for lunch.

Edited by blkspy

Hey Eppe4....we (from Orlando area) will be on Regal with you 2/21. You mentioned leaving a tip so you would get ice. I know you are getting other things. Do we NEED to do that to get ice in our cabin twice a day? Thanks to anyone for a reply.

Hey Eppe4....we (from Orlando area) will be on Regal with you 2/21. You mentioned leaving a tip so you would get ice. I know you are getting other things. Do we NEED to do that to get ice in our cabin twice a day? Thanks to anyone for a reply.

Absolutely NOT, you do NOT need to leave money at all. This is just something my husband has always done, and he's a creature of habit! His list is sometimes long and it's his way of saying Thank You!

We're in the minority here, but the first thing we do is head up to the buffet for lunch. We always get to the terminal early, and are one of the first passengers on board. It's never crowded when we get there. In fact, once it wasn't even open yet. After lunch, we drop off out carry on backpack in our cabin, then wander around the ship. About a half hour before muster drill, we'll return to the cabin, grab out life jackets and head for our muster station. That way we beat the rush and get nice seats. After muster, I'll return to the cabin to drop off the life jackets, and meet my wife out on deck for sailaway. I like to have a high up vantage point on the ship to enjoy that.

Go to our cabin, drop the carry-ones, talk to steward (ice and hangers, please!), then lunch in the DR if possible and if not, the buffet. Then, like Doug MacP., we go up to the top and work our way down. Exhilarating (and only 35 days to go till our next!)

What part of Maine? I graduated from MCI in Pittsfield and U of M at Farmington. I worked for Intl. Paper in Jay, Me. Im camping this summer at Hermit Island in Small Point, Me. I love the state :)

On topic, with the closing of Sabatini's......with the popularity of Alfredo's.....can a charge be in its future? I find meeting my cabin steward and giving a small appreciation :) ensures my large vase of ice is always full for my sodas and all request are taken care of. Then its off to the MDR for lunch.

I live in Scaborough and work in Portland. I graduated from Farmington too, class of 92.

We are always on the ship early so the first thing we do is head to the MDR to check out our table assignment. We always request a table for two so we're interested in the location of our table. After that we leisurely stroll around and explore the ship until the cabins are ready. We always eat a good breakfast at the hotel so we skip the MDR and buffet. Once in our room and the luggage has arrived we unpack, make a few request to out cabin attendant and then head down to one of the lounges for a pre diner drink and toast to a fun filled Cruise.

I live in Scaborough and work in Portland. I graduated from Farmington too, class of 92.

78' here :) I had a friend who left his truck in the parking lot by the student center during a snow storm--it stayed there half the winter...couldn't get it out. I had a great time there. I played basketball there for Coach Len McPhee.

Im on the March 5th sailing on the Emerald Princess.....when do you board?

I lived in Purington Hall for 2 years......Then off campus on Lower Main Street... Go Beavers !

Edited by blkspy

We offload our carry-ons and then get a lay of the upper decks.

We might grab some quick calories, lido if it isn't crowded or a restaurant, and beyond that just be all :D as vacation has started!

I do also try to find our cabin crew, not to be a pain but let them know that I can't just not help folks, so if they aren't vigilant and run me off I'll be doing cabins with them. :o

Like so many others we head straight for the cabin! Give it the once over, load the safe, and check for cards about various items we have ordered. Greet the steward if possible. Head to the Crown Grill and schedule a sail-away dinner! Then relax and do just what ever we want, "We are on Vacation you know!"

Just Mike

Go to cabin, drop off any unnecessary items, head to MDR for lunch, get the wine for Sale at a discount (since there are two, I ask for mine unopened), then go back to cabin to meet our steward. I'm going to check on my water package, then explore the ship.

This cruise, we're going to be on Plaza deck, so it will be easier to grab a snack from international cafe, and anytime dining.

I no longer see carnival from my condo front porch :(

Go to cabin, drop off any unnecessary items, head to MDR for lunch, get the wine for Sale at a discount (since there are two, I ask for mine unopened), then go back to cabin to meet our steward. I'm going to check on my water package, then explore the ship.

This cruise, we're going to be on Plaza deck, so it will be easier to grab a snack from international cafe, and anytime dining.

I no longer see carnival from my condo front porch :(

What wine for sale?

On our California Coastal in October, we were offered bottle of wine for a discount. My mom ordered it and said it was really good. It was offered twice during the week.

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpgI still cruise for Warm Chocolate Melting Cake (with 2 sugar-free vanilla ice-creams)

We're in the minority here, but the first thing we do is head up to the buffet for lunch. We always get to the terminal early, and are one of the first passengers on board. It's never crowded when we get there. In fact, once it wasn't even open yet.

If you are a visitor, or on BVE, it is kind of cool to go through the

line first, when everything is perfect and untouched.

It is less cool to try and go during code red on Emerald, when the line is

out to the pool.

On our California Coastal in October, we were offered bottle of wine for a discount. My mom ordered it and said it was really good. It was offered twice during the week.

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpgI still cruise for Warm Chocolate Melting Cake (with 2 sugar-free vanilla ice-creams)

Thanks for the info. I will watch out for this. :)

We are always on the ship early so the first thing we do is head to the MDR to check out our table assignment. We always request a table for two so we're interested in the location of our table. After that we leisurely stroll around and explore the ship until the cabins are ready. We always eat a good breakfast at the hotel so we skip the MDR and buffet. Once in our room and the luggage has arrived we unpack, make a few request to out cabin attendant and then head down to one of the lounges for a pre diner drink and toast to a fun filled Cruise.

A curiosity question if I may,

Why do you 'Always Get A Table For 2' ?

I just realized OP said they were going on the Royal. I don't know if that buffet is less crowded on embarkation day since it's reportedly bigger. Since I haven't been on her or the Regal (the new ones :)) my advice applies only to the smaller ships.

Personally, I never eat first thing as there is plenty of time for that later. I go up to the highest

public deck (skipping the accommodation only decks) working my way all the way down. Get to see the layout of the ship and get a feel for the fellow passengers.

This is exactly what we do! Though I purchase a wine package, soda card, book Sanctuary days and call Dining to get on the list for Chef's table first thing as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Simple, that's what we prefer. Why?

It was only a question...I guess I was looking for something along the lines of we work hard and such long hours that we use this time as --our time. Our first cruise we did the same. 37 sailings (27 Princess) later, we've met some amazing folks at some large tables.

Your--we always get a table for 2--comment just never occurred to me that it was this simple:) Happy sailing and smooth seas.