Changing guests between reservations last minute?

Boschmann

I have a situation where I may want to switch two guests between two rooms that are listed as separate reservations, both made by me, all family. One is listed as guest #1 having promo UBP and SDP, the other is guest #3 with no promos in second room. I don't think this wouldn't be a problem if I did this now even as I'm past final payment. Only one name of the original two in the room would change. The question is, could this be done as late as registration or is there a cut off point?

• 1 month later...
I have a situation where I may want to switch two guests between two rooms that are listed as separate reservations, both made by me, all family. One is listed as guest #1 having promo UBP and SDP, the other is guest #3 with no promos in second room. I don't think this wouldn't be a problem if I did this now even as I'm past final payment. Only one name of the original two in the room would change. The question is, could this be done as late as registration or is there a cut off point?

Can you let me know how you made out? I may need to do this for our November sailing. The reason why I am waiting is we are in limbo if the third person will change (my sons friend). Once I know the 3rd person is 100% on the trip I'd like to switch around passengers as I have UBP and I do not drink anything other than water and coffee (I know, boring...) I am #1, my son is #2 and friend is currently #3 on the booking. My TA informed me that I can change #3 name one time before final payment. I'm hoping to make adjustment to #3 then switch passengers around to get full benefit of the UBP.

Thank you, I really appreciate it as this is the only thing that has me concerned... This is my first NCL and I'm excited!!!

How does it work for teens?

I have two connecting cabins booked on Escape for an August sailing. We are travelling with our two teenagers (16 and 13). Based on NCL policy, I had to book each cabin with one parent and one teen in each. Regardless of the reservation, the plan is obviously to have parents in one room and teens in the connecting room.

Now that reservations are made. Will NCL let me officially change the names of the passengers in each cabin? It would be much easier this way so that everyone's key card corresponds to the correct room they are staying in.

I know RCI has no problem with this, so long as the rooms are connecting or next to each (not connecting) or across from each other. I was surprised that NCL had a different policy.

How does it work for teens?

I have two connecting cabins booked on Escape for an August sailing. We are travelling with our two teenagers (16 and 13). Based on NCL policy, I had to book each cabin with one parent and one teen in each. Regardless of the reservation, the plan is obviously to have parents in one room and teens in the connecting room.

Now that reservations are made. Will NCL let me officially change the names of the passengers in each cabin? It would be much easier this way so that everyone's key card corresponds to the correct room they are staying in.

I know RCI has no problem with this, so long as the rooms are connecting or next to each (not connecting) or across from each other. I was surprised that NCL had a different policy.

No need to change reservation, once on board go to service desk and they will reissue the cards for the rooms. They don't care where you sleep once on board ☺ this maybe the simplest solution. Once you start messing around with your bookings errors could happen.

No need to change reservation, once on board go to service desk and they will reissue the cards for the rooms. They don't care where you sleep once on board ☺ this maybe the simplest solution. Once you start messing around with your bookings errors could happen.

Exactly what I needed to know. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Kerry, when doing it onboard were you able to change the passengers in order to change the promos?

Just as a side note. The policy stated is incorrect . The written policy states as long as a parent (adult) is in a "adjoining" room (not necessarily connecting ) it meets the rule.. the problem is , most NCL reps dont know policy:D

Follow the advise given above and make your changes once you board..

Not able to change the promos on board, you would have to contact NCL to do that. What promos do you want to change?

I'd like to be sure that our 3rd person had the UBP, I don't drink.

Thank you Kerry. Trying to find out if I can switch around passengers with NCL before sailing - this way it's handled before our trip. Hoping for zero penalties.

Edited by Loralye