Kummelweck on Freedoom

BoxerLuver

Is skipping the line at Park Cafe an actual suite perk on the Allure?

And is this sandwich available all week on the Allure? Told my dad about it and he must have it.

If you are referring to my post about the line being too long when you first get on the ship if you aren't in a suite or Diamond plus that refers to them boarding first. By the time gold or first timers board that line is long. We did see the sandwhich many times. Our new tradition is to get one before Muster or a sea day lunch.

If you are referring to my post about the line being too long when you first get on the ship if you aren't in a suite or Diamond plus that refers to them boarding first. By the time gold or first timers board that line is long. We did see the sandwhich many times. Our new tradition is to get one before Muster or a sea day lunch.

I did misunderstand. That would be a bridge too far. I doubt if I could even bring myself to do it. We will give it a shot when we get on, since we are in a suite and will be boarding as soon as we are up and around and have eaten.

Getting back to the original posters question,

In November, We saw it served on the Freedom in the Windjammer on the last sea day. They set up a carving station in front of the bar but they didn't start serving until after 12:00 noon.

I would ask a Windjammer supervisor (white shirt) at lunch what they plan.

Getting back to the original posters question,

In November, We saw it served on the Freedom in the Windjammer on the last sea day. They set up a carving station in front of the bar but they didn't start serving until after 12:00 noon.

I would ask a Windjammer supervisor (white shirt) at lunch what they plan.

Will do, thanks!

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
We were on the FOS end of July and did not see Kummelweck's anywhere!

I heard they were going fleet wide. Maybe just someone spreading rumors. I will be on FOS in December. I hope so by then.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Edited by plandcl

A New York State favorite, a kimmelweck roll is a hard roll similar to a crusty Kaiser roll, sprinkled with caraway and coarse salt instead of sesame or poppy seed topping. The salt and pepper sticks make a great snack something like pretzels. From "The Neighborhood Bake Shop," by Jill Van Cleave

Here is description with the correct spelling.:)

A New York State favorite, a kimmelweck roll is a hard roll similar to a crusty Kaiser roll, sprinkled with caraway and coarse salt instead of sesame or poppy seed topping. The salt and pepper sticks make a great snack something like pretzels. From "The Neighborhood Bake Shop," by Jill Van Cleave

Here is description with the correct spelling.:)

Both spellings are common. 😁

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

My DH and I are sailing on the Freedom in 10 days, and I was wondering if anyone know which restaurant on what day(s) serves the Kummelweck?

I was on the freedom 2 weeks ago and they had it set up outside the bull and bear on Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums